MAC Sheertone Blush Pink Swoon (Sheertone finish discontinued) [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

I was at CCO and saw Pink Swoon and Blushbaby. I didn't want to get both and since I had purchased BB before (but ran out of it), i decided to pick up PS since I heard many good reviews on it. Pink Swoon is a bright candy pink color in the pan. It is a sheertone blush so it goes on sheer but supposedly, buildable. This color did NOT show up on me at all. I am a MAC NC 20-25...and I would have to apply multiple layers with a heavy hand in order for it to show. This defeats the purpose of a natural look as I hate piling on makeup. In hindsight, I should have stuck with BB since I had it before but ran out. Wish i could return this, but it's too late. Major disappointment for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This was not good on me. I'm cool toned NW15-20 paleface. First of all, I had to apply a TON of product to get it to show up on me. I had to apply so much that I ended up with a powdery mess before I stepped out the door. I got to work and check my face in the florescent lights...this blush disappeared. Good thing I keep cheapo drugstore blushes at my desk for touchups.

Pink Swoon is gorgeous in the pan, and I love the name. I wish I had swooned over it, but I didn't.

This is going back to MAC

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Broke me out faster than a rocket. Maybe it's Bismuth, maybe it's Red 30 pigment in this blush. I am not sure about which did what but not buy is def yes,

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this earlier today from their store and tried it out first before purchasing, like I always tend to do with all there products. In the pan it looks like a bright bubble gum barbie pink, so I assumed that would be the color on my cheeks. Oddly the SA piled it on top of a different blush I had tried on right before without removing it first. So of course the intensity of the blush color looked way brighter and popped. Well that sold me- not even relizing its a sheertone...till I got home. When I finally got to try it out on my own I had to literally dig into the pan with my blush brush just to get the right amount to make it appear on my face. The first swipe didnt show much, it wasnt until about the 3rd time that I finally got some what the results I wanted.
UPDATE- I'm tired of trying to build up this color on me, its a waste of product and money and I still couldnt see the color noticeable. Im either returning it or swapping it. I just got Hard Candies living doll- 100% better and cheaper. Sorry MAC, I still love you but just not this blush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Hmmm. After reading tons of reviews for Pink Swoon, I have to say that I'm very confused. Over and over I keep reading how "natural" this blush looks, and how much people love it for not looking to made up. Huh? On my NW25 skin this blush looks really red. I love the babydoll pink cheek look and keep trying this blush over and over because i want to like it so badly, but it just doesn't work for me. Even in the smallest amount I look completly ridiculous with this blush on. This one is stuck in the back of my makeup drawer while I stick to blushes like NARS Orgasm and BeneFit Dandelion that actually work on me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

(NW20 black/brown hair, brown eyes) This is not working for me. Maybe it is because I am using less basic eye shadows and lippies, I don't know. But Pink Swoon is just not bringing everything together. Maybe because I am trying all kinds of shadows and lippies and not just doing a plain eye and lip balm. Anyhow, started using Mocha again and it is feeling right. I put Pink Swoon on the back burner for now. I want to love it, but I am just not right now.

This did nothing for me. Im NC37. It looked flat. Maybe cos its sheer and had no shimmer. It enhanced the redness of my pimples and made them look even pinker! I know this is some Kim K/Hollywood cult classic and has the highest rating for Mac Blushes but I was kinda disappointed. The color in the pan is nothing like when applied on cheeks. Its lighter. The color is pigmented and build-able. I also had to apply more for it to show up. It looked muddy-pink on me. There are other cheaper dupes out there and this does not lasts on me. Wears off in couple hours.. barbie doll pink no more

I glanced at the other reviews for Pink Swoon and noticed that the people who seem to share my opinion also share my skin tone. This is a beautiful soft pink color, but it's just not for me. I have pretty fair skin (NC20) and this was just a bit too harsh of a color for my particular skin tone. I use a blush brush to apply it and can't seem to get it to be a softer shade of pink, maybe I could try using an even softer hand to apply (I thought I already did!), but I don't find this to be 'sheer' at all. It's quite a heavy color on your cheek. If you have darker skin, this would probably look great.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This blush is far too pink for me! It looks a bit too made up and barbie doll-ish on my olive skin colouring (I think I will stick to peachier colours). I read that Kim Kardashian uses it and she looks great so maybe it's for darker skin tones? Otherwise I really like Mac blushers - the texture and packaging is great!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I loved this color in the store. i guess i was expecting it look the way it did on the pan on me? but not so, no matter how lighty i apply it it stilll looks very dark on me and i look lighter shades of blush.