MAC Cosmetics Sheertone Blush Pink Swoon (Sheertone finish discontinued) [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 44-55

4.5

I bought this last week. I was about to walk away without it since the SA was on the phone making weekend plans and studiously ignoring me. But that bright pink was speaking to me so I waited for a while, gave her THE LOOK, and immediately waited again. (Oh, yeah, I'm not afraid to get rough.) When she finally rolled her eyes, put down the phone, and strolled listlessly over to wait on me - I was ready to go,so I didn't bother trying it on. Usually that's a return waiting to happen, but this was a wonderful surprise when I got home. It looks very bright in the pot, but on my very pale skin it gives a nice healthy glow - without shine. A nice sheer flush of color, and it lasts all day for me. I like it so much, I'm going back to get one for my daughter. But this time I'm definitely NOT going to just stand there like a moron while the SA chats on the phone. I'm bringing a book to read.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been blush-crazy for the past 6 months and must now confess it. I had been using mainly Nars blushes and could never seem to get a MAC blush to work for me, until this one. (Also-- see my review of Cantaloupe.) I had been afraid of true pink shades and bought this mainly for the Manish Arora packaging because its beautiful! But I discovered that this pink is ideal for me (NC30 light olive in winter)-- it's pigmented enough to show as a rosy pink glow, but not OTT. There is no noticeable shimmer on me; it just looks like a natural pink flush. I am a convert. Will buy again for sure. (Note: the plain MAC packaging isn't as fab as the one I have, but works just fine. No mirror.)

I simply *adore* this blush! I also love MAC's sheertone Pinch O'Peach, which is very similar. It's actually a bit hard to tell the difference other than I think Pink Swoon is a little more of a baby pink. It is a gorgeous, easy-to-wear everyday color. It's hard to put too much on because it doesn't go on heavy at all, yet it is buildable. I only wish it had a little more staying power (hence the -1 lippie), but I can live with that. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.

Well, NARS blushes break me out and Chanel JCs make my skin pores and scars look worse, but MAC blushes are problem free. This color is fine for me. It looks really very nice on my MC25ish face. What I usually do is use a sweep of MAC Blushbaby on the whole cheekbone and Pink Swoon on just the apple. I apply it after I have powdered my face with La Mer Translucent. I use a NARS Yachiyo to apply it. The first application lasts about 4 hours. The second application lasts the rest of the day.

The jury is out on Pink Swoon. Currently I'm "blush-obsessive," which isn't any cheaper than when I was "Bath and Body products obsessive," but that's another story. In the past month I must've bought or swapped for almost every blush that has gotten rave reviews on here, including Pink Swoon. At any rate, I also just bought the infamous MAC skunk/stipple blush brush for $40 and have been using it with Pink Swoon. I can't say I'm thrilled, can't say I'm horrified. PS leaves me with a healthy glow but it also has a tendency to look a bit splotchy on me, maybe because of the matte formula? I'll keep on working with it and hope I can get the hang of it soon, but for now I'm finding my cheapo Milani Luminous blush to be a much better fit w/ my PPP complexion.

Perfect Girly Pink- Great Blush-
Buildable, silky texture..Innocent, Barbie Cheeks are One of My Fav Looks and Pink Swoon supplies that! I Love using it over Lady Blsuh Creme-ah it's so pretty

Popular Blush Products