Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara

Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara
Inimitable Intense MascaraInimitable Intense MascaraChanel Inimitable Intense

3.8

on 9/25/2016 1:20:00 AM

I ended up having a shopping binge day and this was one of my purchases. At first I thought it was okay and did not really do much for me, but time went on and I realized that I ended up starting to like this mascara more and more. It's simple and not too intense. I also like it because it does not wear off easily during the day. If your looking for something simple and have the extra money to splurge I would give it a try, it does make your lashes look beautiful.

on 1/30/2016 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has been one of my favourite mascaras for a while now, and even after trying lots of different alternatives (Benefit They're Real, Lancome Hypnose, MAC Haute etc etc) I still find myself going back to this.

The wand is small with short bristles, which means you can get close to the root of your lashes giving you a good curl, and length. A couple of my friends have thought i've been wearing false lashes (which I never do!) while wearing this mascara.

My only bug bear with this mascara is that it never seems to last very long, I find it generally lasts around 2-3 weeks before it starts to dry out and I have to buy another. At £25 a pop that could get expensive.

To Read all 130 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this as a sample w my Chanel Beige 6.8oz bottle of EDT fragrance (worlds most expensive sample haha), I'm gaga about Chanel products after discovering them this winter (well I had just has Glossimers but I went to try their other stuff omfg so great! "Great" isn't even a great enough word "exquisite w minimal effort" to quote a review below hits the nail exactly on the head!). I don't normally review samples but I lovvvveee this mascara! I'm normally using Blinc Amplified or a couple diff MAC 1s but this is what Imma buy next thing actually when I get paid but wow length, volume, curl, nice brush, no DS mascara can compare & I can't wait to try the waterproof version thou that's what I'm buying. I think I had a mascarasm when I started using this so as usual Chanel does not disappoint...the price pointe isn't too bad USD$30ish I think. I'm getting pathetic sounding to say $30 isn't "bad" for mascara. I think some (not all) negative reviews are from ppl whose only taste is in their mouths, I don't think any DS products rate compared to "most" (not ALL) HE that's why it's HE, silly goose! Ppl are mad coz it's too expensive & jealous of those who buy it no offense. Noooo I'm just playing :) Anyways get a sample of this mascara so u can see how awesome it is!!

Edit 02/10/16: I ended up buying the Chanel Inimitable Intense waterproof mascara (black) from Macy's dot com & I love it! I think this is my fave mascara I've owned. So awesome! I don't know how Chanel manages to be such an awesome line. I feel so chic using it, pretending I'm a pretty French chic lady (I'm not any of those except I am female). Everybody should own a couple of things that make them feel pretty. Ordering from Chanel dot com is a pleasure however & ev time I order from them I request mascara samples coz they are so gr8 for tossing in ur bag. Chanel sends the best samples. I'd much rather order from the lovely ladies at Chanel (& bonus 2 samples!), they are always ultra pleasant uber helpful & their gentle kindness is always evident in how gracious they conduct themselves always ready to answer any Q or even 1 SA did some research on a scent for me & returned my phone call. A+ customer service! Too bad I've got champagne tastes on a beer budget! Haha :) no I don't take myself too seriously now :) :) :)

on 7/23/2015 4:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was given a sample of this mascara when I dought Vitaloumiere aqua from the Chanel store.

When I've first opened it and shaw the brush my first thought was "WOW this looks EXACTLY like YSLs baby doll mascara" (whitch btw I FREAKING LOVE). So it was no surprise that in fact it is exatly like the baby doll mascara in every possible way. .
I don't know who copied who but is litteraly like the same product.

I guess this one might be pricier than the baby doll because YSL has sales more often than Chanel (here in Greece at least) and you can find it for under 30€ during them.

So if you love this mascra and you wanna find a slightly cheaper dupe you should give baby doll a try.

This mascara is absolutely fantastic! I have tried from Maybelline, Illamasqua, Benefit, Mac, Dior, Clinique, Lancôme, and even the new Unique Mascara. However! this one tops the list! I have quite long eyelashes but the ends never quite lift and by the end they are not curled or the effect is not long lasting. This Mascara ensures that the:

> The formula does not have a strong smell
> Does not flake
> Washes of easily (which can be a pain with products like Benefit)
> Does not smudge
> Curl stays all day
>Lashes do not gather up or clump

The price too be honest is not much different from other high end brands, but it is worth it

Am always searching for HG mascara. Unfortunately this most certainly is not it! Pros: great wet inky black colour and the plastic spikes separate lashes really well so when you first apply it looks great. However, fast forward one hour ... it sheds. A LOT. Little black sooty spots everywhere. Have tried this three times (as in purchased on 3 x occasions + samples not same mascara used 3 x times) and every time it behaved exactly the same. I would never waste money on it again. Loreal or No.17 or Maybelline far better performing.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Words can not express how much I love this product! No other mascara I've used in the past compares to this! I get the most voluminous, long lashes ever. There's no clumping or flaking, it's just beautiful. I have repurchased this product many times. Yes it's a little on the expensive side but worth every single penny.

on 1/11/2015 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this mascara, its hand down one of the best ones i've ever used!
This & lancomes hypnose are my two all time favourites!
It is a little pricey at £25 and i definitely do agree with everyone saying it dries out after about a month which is disheartening as its so good, but very expensive for something that does dry out far too quickly!

But its just too damn good! I keep going back to it! You need the amallest amount of product for it to be effective! Its the best out of all of the other chanel mascaras, doesnt clump, really, seperates, volumizes, lengthens and darkens the lashes.
It Doesnt leave any black marks under your eyes or on your eyelids after a long day!

You would not regret trying this mascara its quite hard to put into words how good it actually is!

If you know you know;)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love that I receive separation yet volume & drama @ the same time on my paticular lashes. This is however actually the 1st Chanel mascara Ive ever tried, so I cannot compare it to others but do like what it does for my lengthy yet puny lashes...Really plumps them up after only 2 coats. I also like that it's easy to remove with my Neutrogena make-up wipes. I ve only had it for a few days & do hope it lasts 3 full months tho...(as I ve read some of the previous reviews state theirs lasted a month...I guess time will tell...

on 12/4/2014 5:28:00 AM

This is my favourite mascara, I have used others from MaxFactor, MAC but keep coming back to this one. The applicator keeps my lashes nicely separated. If I want my lashes quite natural I only apply a layer or so, and for more dramatic looks I'll put on a bit more and sometimes even use Maybellines colossal volume over it. So for lots of volume you'll need to layer a bit, but it gives me perfectly separated lashes.