Maybelline XXL Pro Volume Microfiber Mascara

Maybelline XXL Pro Volume Microfiber Mascara

3.1

on 7/30/2012 6:09:00 PM

Bought this hoping for a nice volumized look and I've always wanted to try a primer. First off, the primer was not thick enough and didn't even come off on my lashes. The regular mascara was less than disappointing. It clumped and stuck my lashes together. I was excited to try this but it was a real disappointment :(

on 12/6/2010 12:26:00 PM

Clumpy and takes forever to dry, god forbid you blink within five minutes of applying. KEEP AWAY.

Upon initial application: nice length, mediocre volume. Almost instantly however, this is SMUDGE CITY. This is an unacceptable level of smudging, smearing and flaking. I can't remember another mascara I've tried that wears as badly as this. Skip it.

on 11/1/2011 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm always trying different mascaras,seeing what's out there. I wasn't impressed with this. I saw no volume only length, it was very smudgey and I could never really make it look good it was always clumping no matter what I did.

on 11/1/2011 5:53:00 PM

What it is: Maybelline XXL volume mascara (11X the volume) --> taken from cardboard packaging.
- - -
Pros - darkens lashes. comes with lash primer. the brush makes it easier to reach each lash (inner and outer lashes, not a spoon brush).
- - -
Cons - I saw no volume in my lashes and certainly not 11x the volume. Tends to flake / smudge.
- - -
Over all - disappointing mascara. I'm so glad I got this with a gift card and didn't actually spend money on it. Basically, this mascara coats lashes and makes them darker. After about 4.5 hours of wear there was definitely some transfer from it being on my upper lashes to below my eyes. Would not re purchase because there are better mascaras around the same price.

on 6/24/2011 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love to try different mascara's looking for my HG. This is not it. It flakes and does not create volume. The #1 side (primer) dried out so I thought the mascara would work well. It worked better alone but still flaked and did not curl my lashes at all. It caused them to straighten out. I would not recommend for the price. My hunt continues!

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Word of advice: never "settle" when the store doesn't have what you want.

Selection was limited, as was my time, so I just picked the only brown mascara available: this one. And...my god, this mascara is bad. Bad bad bad.

It volumizes, all right...if by volumize you mean "glues together your lashes into six or seven mega-lashes."

I can't decide if it's a fault of the brushes themselves, with their tiny, warped bristles, or the formula, clumpy mess that it is, or some combination of both. All I know is that I can never pull off a second coat, careful prep and application notwithstanding.

With as much variety as there is, you should have absolutely no problem picking something else that will outperform this sad little mascara. I give it two lippies only because it's marginally better than MAC's Zoomlash, which is synonymous with FAIL.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have thin sparse blonde lashes. This mascara does nothing for them. It's clumpy and takes too long to dry.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara left my eyelashes spidery and dull, I didn't see ANY volume affect at all. I would not recommend this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this when I ran out my Clinique mascara, which I adored.
I, before Clinique, had always been an avid buyer of Maybelline mascaras and had good luck with both Colossal and Stiletto, so when someone told me that this mascara was great, I thought I'd give it a try.

Excited about using it, I originally loved the first step (base, then mascara). The base slid on nicely when the mascara clumped.

The brush for both is absolutely tiny. It's hard to get it mascara to completely cover the lashes. Thank god I had a coupon when I bought this, so it wasn't full price.

I ended up going back to Colossal. But I might give it another go, if it's any better, I'll update.