Maybelline XXL Pro Volume Microfiber Mascara

3.0

on 6/24/2011 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love to try different mascara's looking for my HG. This is not it. It flakes and does not create volume. The #1 side (primer) dried out so I thought the mascara would work well. It worked better alone but still flaked and did not curl my lashes at all. It caused them to straighten out. I would not recommend for the price. My hunt continues!

on 8/7/2010 3:08:00 AM

Well, my mascara search may finally be over! Maybelline discontinued my favorite mascara, the XXL Volume + Length and replaced it with five different types of SKUs. This SKU is supposed to build volume, which is what I need most, because I lost the majority of my lashes due to medication. The base coat is white ~ I apply it first and immediately apply the topcoat. I've found that the primer works best if you do not allow it to dry at all.

This mascara provides my lashes with plenty of volume, which works for me. Not sure what the microfiber means ~ However, this one has 24 hour staying power, but those days are gone for me ~ HA! This mascara is very similar to my favorite that was discontinued, so I am sticking with it for now. I may check out XXL Pro 24Hr Bold Volume next time to figure out what the difference is...