Maybelline XXL Pro Volume Microfiber Mascara

Filtered by age: 25-29
Maybelline XXL Pro Volume Microfiber Mascara

2.8

on 11/1/2011 5:53:00 PM

What it is: Maybelline XXL volume mascara (11X the volume) --> taken from cardboard packaging.
- - -
Pros - darkens lashes. comes with lash primer. the brush makes it easier to reach each lash (inner and outer lashes, not a spoon brush).
- - -
Cons - I saw no volume in my lashes and certainly not 11x the volume. Tends to flake / smudge.
- - -
Over all - disappointing mascara. I'm so glad I got this with a gift card and didn't actually spend money on it. Basically, this mascara coats lashes and makes them darker. After about 4.5 hours of wear there was definitely some transfer from it being on my upper lashes to below my eyes. Would not re purchase because there are better mascaras around the same price.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Word of advice: never "settle" when the store doesn't have what you want.

Selection was limited, as was my time, so I just picked the only brown mascara available: this one. And...my god, this mascara is bad. Bad bad bad.

It volumizes, all right...if by volumize you mean "glues together your lashes into six or seven mega-lashes."

I can't decide if it's a fault of the brushes themselves, with their tiny, warped bristles, or the formula, clumpy mess that it is, or some combination of both. All I know is that I can never pull off a second coat, careful prep and application notwithstanding.

With as much variety as there is, you should have absolutely no problem picking something else that will outperform this sad little mascara. I give it two lippies only because it's marginally better than MAC's Zoomlash, which is synonymous with FAIL.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have thin sparse blonde lashes. This mascara does nothing for them. It's clumpy and takes too long to dry.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

After having eyelash extensions for over a year, I was left with tiny little stubby lashes that were almost invisible. I have now been using Latisse for four months, and although my lashes were longer, they still lacked the fullness they used to have before the extensions. I bought this mascara upon recommendation from another girl who had AMAZING lashes! At first, I didn't care for this mascara until I found a technique that works better for me. I curl my lashes, then apply a coat of the #2 mascara on my lashes, then a coat of the #1 white primer, and then finally another coat of the #2 mascara. This leaves me with thick, amazing lashes that people have been complimenting lately!