Butter London Marrow

Butter London Marrow
Butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in MarrowMarrowMarrowMarrow

on 5/14/2017 4:17:00 PM

Marrow is from Butter London's Fall 2010 Collection. It's a dark purple polish with silver micro shimmer.

I like Butter London's removable outer cap, revealing small, textured cap, which is much more comfortable to work with.

I found the colour a little confusing . In the bottle it is obviously purple and the shimmer is visible. On the nail I could not see any shimmer at all and instead of purple, against my skin tone it looked like brown leaning, raisin colour - not very flattering. For me this colour is very forgettable.

I didn't love the formula either. The first coat applied streaky. The second coat was picking the colour from the first coat (even though I left time between the coats). I left it as 2 coats, but the following day in the daylight I could see thinner patches on a couple of my nails, so I would recommend you use 3 coats.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is such a strange polish! I dont know if I just really love it of Im just trying to figure out what it is about it that is confusing me. I think I sound a little nuts right now, right? With all the purple polishes in my life, I think this one is rather unique in my stash. I normally dont have anything to complain about when it comes to the Butter London formula, but this one was not what I was expecting. It is so pigmented that I figured it wouldnt take more than 2 coats, but I had to apply a third thick coat because I had some bald spots even though I waited for each coat to dry.

on 6/23/2012 2:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been infatuated with the mixture brown/black/navy blue lately, so no surprise I have Butter London's Marrow.

I only own 2 bottles by this brand due to the price tag (CND $17.00) and also most colors are not too anusual: "Marrow" and "All Hail The Queen" are, in my opinion , really modern and creative shades. : )

The package is lovely, the wand's short (1") and the brush is really narrow, I guess that might be a good feature for precision when painting your nails. : ) But for me brushes are brushes: I have no problem applying nail polishes with long, wide, narrow or short ones.

I've noticed already that "Marrow" isn't the long lasting nail polish:2 days later and I see the mild wear on the nail tips (I had added base&top coats, and nails were clean of natural grease). However, I don't find it an annoyance as I really love this color and I paint my nail twice a week anyways.

Most people thought the color was super classy so words like "sweetheart", "lovely", "kind" and "smart", were used spontaneously more than usual. Go figure hah. : )

Anyways, I love this color, formula, application, drying time. I probably would buy another bottle when this one is empty.

on 3/28/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although I am in love with the Butter London line, this particular polish just does not work for me. Maybe I got a bad batch, or maybe it's unique to this specific color, but the formula is thick and goopy, so unlike all of the other Butter London polishes I've tried. It is streaky and applies unevenly. The color is lovely in the bottle, but looks unflattering on my nails for whatever reason. Very disappointing, but I still love Butter London for their amazing top and base coat.

on 3/3/2012 3:38:00 AM

I love this colour. It's a kind of greyish purple, darker than it looks in the bottle and the shimmer really isn't visible except in direct sunlight. I love the formula, it goes on very smoothly with opacity in two coats. Beautiful. I've already purchased a backup and would purchase again if needed.

I found this shade was much flatter upon application than how it appears in the bottle. The shimmer, though subtle in the bottle, is nonexistent once applied. I think a color this deep needs something to give it depth or shine.

on 10/23/2011 2:04:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The colour is beautiful. The finish once it is on is great. very opaque with 2 coats.
My only complaint is the tiny thin little brush means it is hard to put on without streaking it, so when I put 2 coats on to even it out it looks as though my nails have ridges.
But all in all it is a beautiful colour and long lasting (I get bored with the colour before it wears off)

I love the Butter London brand, and I love the color purple so I figured I would try this polish out (plus it has recieved rave reviews on here.) Once I got in on my nails, I was highly disappointed with the way it looked my nails. This consistency is wonderful and what you expect from the brand, but the color looks gross with my skin tone and is not flattering. This is one of the only polishes of their's that I haven't really been too keen on. However, I can see that it would probably look great on other skin tones--just not mine :(.

I was expecting more shimmer in this color but it comes off more plain than expected. I enjoyed the color only after being on my nails for a few days. I love all my other butter LONDON polishes so i would buy again.

on 12/6/2010 10:47:00 AM

We use and sell this polish brand at the spa I work at, and I really love it!! I bought Marrow for myself and omg, amazing.. Such a deep sexy purple, and like mentioned before, the very micro shimmer only shows up in the sun or bright light, but that's okay. It goes on perfectly with two coats, it isn't too thick or thin, and goes amazingly well with my Seche Vite base and top coat! Definitely get this colour if you can!

Popular Polishes