Lucy Minerals - Sweet Dreams Ambrosia

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought a trial size with my trial set of foundations, and I liked it enough to buy a full size with my first matched foundation order. I usually use jojoba oil as a moisturizer in the winter, when my skin needs a bit more moisture and sunscreen is useless here in Canada. But this stuff, it smells divine and moisturizes so beautifully... At $30 for 2 oz. it's a splurge, but I've had such nice results I went for it anyway. My skin is rather oily, acne and eczema prone, and super sensitive, but I find it does better with a gentle oil based moisturizer, as it seems to ramp down my natural oil production and protect it from irritation.

This stuff lasts forever--I use a single drop in the mornings under my makeup, and two at night, which is more than adequate for my almost-40 skin. I have to blot at lunchtime, but there's not a moisturizer, base, foundation, or top coat in the world that will prevent that. The packaging is adequate with a press top cap, the oil doesn't leak and it's easy enough to dispense a single drop, but I'd prefer a dropper bottle.

I like it, and I'll probably buy it again when I run out. It feels quite luxurious, and if you've got the dough I'd recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have oily skin and I've noticed that using oil as a moisturizer at night really helps keep my skin more balanced. It smells lovely and sinks into my skin overnight so I wake up to soft skin. A tiny drop rubbed through my palms is a great hair smoother, too.
I've been using this on and off since the first of the year, and almost every night under my eyes, and I've just now finished the bottle. This stuff really lasts.

I have used this for about a month. I first ordered a terrific little trial size for $5, which comes in a great little dropper-type bottle. I have enjoyed using oils on my face for years, including VERY expensive serums from Darphin, coconut oil, EEOV, etc. I was initially attracted to this product because of the price and its mixture of essential oils. I have good skin, but was blown away by the impact. I really didn't expect any change - I just wanted to try something new. But just a couple tiny drops go a long way. NOTABLE: I have been irritated for about 8 months with a persistent mild rash around my nose and mouth. I suppose it is perioral dermatitis, which usually requires oral antibiotics, but I just never got around to seeing my doctor. But within 2 days, I noticed that the rash was gone - even my family members were surprised at this. I am very skeptical with some of the "miracles" reported here on MUA, but I would urge anyone interested in oils or rich serums to give this a try. It does contain some emu oil, so vegans and some vegatarians may find this offensive. However, Ludy Minerals makes another oil mix that is identical to Ambrosia, but without the emu oil. I also enjoy it - not as rich, but also nice to use. (Also available in a 5$ trial size.) Because of my satisfaction with these oils, I ordered the full sizes; only $20 on sale for 2 oz, which is much cheaper than the $$$$$ Darphin Jasmine serum I have long used.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This serum feels absolutely fabulous on my face! I used it as a night time treatment and was really very happy with the skin I woke up the next morning. It did not break me out or get a rash, which I can be prone to (touch wood).The smell is absolutely gorgeous, and you really do need a tiny bit for your face. I have used decleor oils, dr hauschka and some others, and this is for sure the best! This is the version which contains emu oil, but really I could not really tell much of a difference except for that it may be a little more moisturising.

Ingredients: Emu Oil (20%), Jojoba Oil, Camellia Seed Oil , Argan Oil , Watermelon Seed Oil , Meadowfoam Seed Oil Cranberry Seed Oil, Raspberry Seed Oil, and just a touch of an essential oil blend of Lavender, Rose Geranium, and Yuzu

Popular Face Skincare Products