2.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I have a love/loathe relationship with this conditioner. It doesn’t feel like anything especially special is gonna happen while applying or rinsing (ie no slick softness or less tangles), but it definitely leaves the hair soft and shiny when dry. Admittedly, this is one of the only conditioners that really does do shine as advertised – and that’s pretty major in my book. Also in that love/loathe realm is that while this does soften the hair, it leaves it a tangled mess by the end of the day, which is a mystery. Its almost as if its too softening-strange, eh? If I don’t remember to put my hair up overnight/while sleeping, I am a mangled, tangled, mess the next day. During the day though, the shine is fantabulous and my curls are tighter and more defined. This is very expensive for a wash-out conditioner, and the bottle did not last very long. Even with limited usage 2x per week, I may have gotten a months worth out of it. Caveat that I have extremely thick waist-long hair. For $52.00, there is certainly a financial “ouch” factor here. Yet for its cons (next day tangles and price), the love does outweigh the loathe here for me. I just limit my usage to days or nights I need my hair to really be its best, to try and get the most of this $$$stuff$$$.

About reviewer (497 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

5 years ago

The conditioner is definitely the powerhouse of this duo. I received sample sachets (7ml each) of the shampoo and conditioner when I ordered the light moisturizing cream. Out of these sachets I got two uses and both times I used them together. For reviewing purposes it would have been better to use them seperately, but since there were only two uses and I wouldn't purchase one without the other, I wanted to review them as a set. The shampoo: This actually felt... Drying. In the shower, my hair felt like a tangly squeaky clean mess. Kind of like how it feels when you use a Lush shampoo bar. Now I should say, I don't necessarily hate this feeling, but I did not expect it from a sulfate-free shampoo that also contains silicones. It doesn't contain a lot of silicones, but still, they are in there, so you would at least expect some mild form of slip. I remember thinking two things in the shower. 1: Wow, with this effect, there is no way I can use my conditioner two times. 2: Must remember to rate this a 1. A two if it were more reasonably priced, but for this price, definitely a 1. After the second use, I decided that it was still worth two stars, because the end result of the duo was nice. It's not horrible. I just wouldn't recommend it. The conditioner: This surprised me in a good way. After the shampoo, I was sure that I was going to need the full 7ml sachet to undo the birdsnest that was my shoulderlength hair. However, I decided to try it with half, and found that it was enough to comb through all of my hair. My hair is not long, but it is damaged, so I am used to using about 10/15 ml conditioner per wash. When I rinsed it out, my hair felt soft and moisturized. I couldn't find the ingredients for the conditioner, but I think this does contain a lot of silicones. All in all, I wouldn't buy this set, because I do not think it is worth the price. The endresults were very soft and shiny indeed but nothing that greatly surpasses other high end brands. I still want to try the gold lust and beautiful color duo, to see if they are better.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

I have curly thick hair so I need a product with a lot of slip to it to finger detangle. This conditioner does not offer that so it was quite an event to detangle with fingers and was forced to use my wide-toothed comb. Once rinsed out I did notice my curls were well defined and elongated. My hair didn't feel rough which made it easy to put in a french braid and then in a topknot. Will I repurchase. ..probably not but I'm happy for the experience of trying something new.

About reviewer (320 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

6 years ago

Surprised at the bad reviews here; perhaps I have very different needs than the reviewers below because I'm loving the this shampoo and conditioner! I have fine, straight, very high-lift blonde (or grey, violet, steel blue) hair and struggle with breakage as well as finding formulas with enough moisture that don't weigh me down. Over the last year I went from Davines, which I liked but not enough to order online, to using a blonde-toning shampoo by Unite (drying but helps my toners last) and the hydrating conditioner by MoroccanOil. It worked, but wasn't the best solution to prevent damage and my hair was getting truly dull and lackluster. I switched to Oribe two weeks ago and have already seen a huge change. The cuticle feels much smoother, resulting in way more shine. My "fry babies" (pesky fly away broken ends) are more relaxed and feel more hydrated. Although moisturizing, this duo allows me to reach the second day mark without oily roots and that build-up feeling that MoroccanOil gave me. This conditioner is highly concentrated, even for a professional line. After shampooing I work out as much water as I can with my hands or lightly towel dry with a washcloth and apply a dime-sized amount on my ends and especially damaged areas. Let sit 1-3 minutes while I soap up and then rinse with lukewarm water. It rinses very clean, but that the texture of my wet hair is immediately smoother. I've found that I've cut back on my styling products because my hair health is improving. I'm amazed! Can't comment on color retention in extreme cases like fashion colors or reds, but will say this doesn't yellow or dull my white blonde hair. I highly recommend this line for normal-dry hair and fine damaged hair. For coarse/thick or wavy/curly, you probably need something heavier. Price is steep, but when it works it works. People rave about the scent: I could take it or leave it.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

6 years ago

If I threw $40 in a blender then put it on my hair it would probably condition better than this product. It smells nice.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

7 years ago

One of the worst conditioners I've ever tried. It had absolutely no slip, it didn't moisturize nor detangle. Worse quality than cheap drugstore conditioners.

About reviewer (197 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

2.0

7 years ago

A very average conditioner. My hair felt a little smoother but the same effects can be found in a drugstore conditioner. Not worth the money. I will see how my hair feels tomorrow, but today I am not impressed with this conditioner that I was so excited to try. update- second day hair looks really weighed down, although it does not feel that way. Might be good if you flat iron a lot

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

EyesHazel

8 years ago

It just does not work... my hair feels like straws afterwards–and it smells very cheap.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3.0

8 years ago

Received a generous sized sample during the Barney's Beauty event. The conditioner was the same as the shampoo... just "fine". Nothing spectacular and certainly not very moisturizing. For the price, I expect more than "just fine" so I won't be purchasing.

About reviewer (93 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

10 years ago

The Brilliance and Shine conditioner is probably my least favorite of the Oribe line, however, it still is a great item ..... the only issue I have is that my hair is long, and very thick and the conditioner is very light on my hair ....... I find that I need more conditioning and therefore after shampooing and condtioning, I then add a bit of the Signature Moisture Masque and that does the trick ...... I then add a bit of the Supershine Moisturizing Cream as a leave-in on my ends and my hair is left moisturized and shines like no other ......... I think if you have fine to medium or oily hair, you may like the Brilliance and Shine conditioner as is, however, those of us with thicker hair, may need more conditioning like me (I will still continue to purchase this conditioner, however, I will also use a quarter size of the masque afterwards, and it works perfectly.) Oribe is very expensive, however, I am surprised at the little amount that is needed ........ you will get a lot of bang for your buck as I can see my Oribe items lasting a long time.

About reviewer (453 reviews)

Age