Collection 2000 Big Fake Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/28/2012 3:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Absolutely worthless mascara! This is in no way volumising or lengthening. What this mascara did do was make my lashes even straighter than before I applied it. I have a slight curl to my lashes but they are very thin so I was attracted to the big brush and promises of volume. This formula made my lashes look awful and without any curl, lift or volume. I used it for a week and then threw it in the bin.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever brought! The brush is sooooo big, it's unusable - you accidentally get blobs of mascara all over your carefully applied eye-shadow. Additionally, it does not do what it says 'on the tin' & doesn't make your lashed thick. Finally, and this is the worst part, I applied it & checked my make up an hr later at work, only to discover major panda eyes (nobody had told me!!)!!!!! I've tried to use the brush in other mascaras as I thought it may just be the formulation & the brush is workable on the top lashes but it's so big, I can't get it in another of my other mascara tubes!!!

Don't waste your money, girls, this is USELESS!!!!!

Update on this mascara - I left it a while & it must have dried a little as the effect is now completely different! I actually like it & am using it in a daily basis. I use1coat, or maybe 2 if it's night-time, and get fabulous volume & length. I then just top it off with another waterproof mascara with a good separating brush to 'seal' it & it lasts really well. I also seem to have got the hang of using the big brush & rarely get blobs all over my face. It's strange how mascara's change over time - with this one, it's a blessing!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The mascara is 'ok' value for its price, it does the job. However, it does not at all give you a 'false lashes' look, which was a huge dissapointment. I have used non branded, cheaper products that give a 'false lash' look than this product. Definitely wont be buying this product.
- I have also tested the Collection 2000 'Pump Up The Volume' mascara which is actually very good and I would recomend that to anybody. I think I am going to be buying that prouduct instead of this one next time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had heard a lot of great things about this mascara so I picked it up, but it doesn't work for me as well as I'd hope. I find the brush is waaay to large for me. I have quite small eyes and very short lashes. So what I do is I use the Big Fake lash on the roots of my lashes to give them a bit of volume and then go over it with my Sexy Curves to get some length. I wouldn't repurchase this since I do have to use 2 products to make the mascara work for me.

Well I saw this on offer for 3.99 and who could resist? Not me!

The brush is fab, really big with loads of bristles.. I love Benefit Bad Gal and MeMeMe Fat Cat so this was right down my street!

After wearing it for an hour or so I had big smudges across my lower eye and the 'false lash' effect had definitely worn off.. My lashes were horrible looking tbh, droopy and the mascara looked too heavy? (not in a good way)

Also another bad point is that it's (so called) waterproof which i didn't realise when purchasing.. it only mentioned this in the small print on the back.. and I wouldn't have bought if I have had noticed before.
It's hard to fully remove at night and I end up with big panda eyes in the morning.. But somehow its smudges quite alot during the day?

I definitely wouldn't recommend this for a wedding! lol

on 12/21/2010 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Like another reviewer I bought this after watching the Sam and Nic Pixiwoo videos on Youtube. I was pleasantly surprised. I had been tempted to buy the Benefit Bad Gal mascara but this is less than half the price.

What has it got going for it? Firstly, I love the quirkey name - Big Fake - and the packaging is fun as well. It has a big brush which coats all the lashes very well. (Sometimes I manage to get it on my eyelids, though that happend with most mascaras.) The finish is excellent. I didn't think it was that great until I saw me in a photo wearing the ultra black shade.

I was slightly concerned when I realised that this mascara is waterproof. I usually avoid waterproff mascaras like the plague but this comes off fairly easity with an ordinary eyemakeup remeover. It doesn't smudge and it doesn't flake. I have it in two colours - brown black and whatever the blackest shade is called.

on 10/25/2010 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Sam and Nic have recently been using Collection 2000's BIG FAKE mascara for their Pixiwoo tutorials, so naturally I needed to try it for myself and it didn't disappoint. It gives me the same results of beautifully separated, evenly coated, non-clumpy lashes, with a rich colour [mine is ultra black. It also comes in black and brown/black]. I was really impressed by it's thickening ability, each time I've used it. The one thing that it doesn't do is lengthen my lashes. However the makers don't claim that it will, so no harm there.

Honestly; The results are the same on me as Benefit's Bad Gal Lash and Christian Dior's Diorshow mascara, only this is a third of the price [BIG FAKE is 5].

Yes - the brush is big, but no bigger then Diorshow, Bad Gal Lash or similar, so if you're used to then you shouldn't have any problems with BIG FAKE. The size of the brush is great as it separates, fans and slightly curls lashes, right from the roots to the tips, so my eyes really pop.

I do have one issue; This is a pain to remove. This hasn't put me off - this is my favourite mascara at the minute - but, yeah, I'll have to point that out.