Collection 2000 Big Fake Mascara

3.0

on 6/19/2017 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Ok this is collection Big Fake Curves mascara, meant to give a false lash effect.

I haven't even worn it and I'm going ahead and writing a review, but with good reason!

I swatched it on the back of my hand and the formula was so off- putting that I couldn't even bring myself to put it on my eyelashes. It was grainy, dry and reminded me of pva glue and paint mixed together. It was also nearly impossible to get it off my hand, I had to rub it really hard with makeup remover. There's waterproof mascara and then there's tar, and this definitely seemed akin to the he latter.

Try at your own risk. I have very sensitive eyes so definitely didn't feel worth it for me. Also if it's grainy in the skin it's probably going to be bobbly and grainy on the lashes too, which is never a good look.

Watch me grapple with it here-

Just search for Ayish Zone on YouTube x

on 1/16/2011 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I had heard a lot about this mascara but didn't take much interest at first. Collection 2000 is known for being a cheap makeup brand (in the UK) and it carried a stigma with it. When i was growing up, the brand was cheap- looked cheap and was useless. I don't know what happened but the brand reinvented itself and got good!!
The mascara is really nice. It makes my lashes long and the colour is very black- it doesn't do much for volume in my opinion though. The brush is really big so if you have a problem using big brushes, this mascara isn't for you. I have smallish almond shaped eyes but i find the brush ok to use.
The best thing about it is the price- 5! I have paid 4x/5x as much for HE mascaras that have been crap (yes ysl im talking to you!).
For how affordable it is, give it a try, i thought i wouldn't like it but i was so surprised!