Collection 2000 Big Fake Mascara

3.2

on 5/14/2012 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pretty good mascara for those looking for lots of volume and not too much length. On me, it gave a similar effect as Diorshow for a fraction of the price, and went on smoothly and clump-free. A pleasant surprise, except it was a bit smudgy by the end of the day so if I buy again I'll pick up the waterproof version. Unlike other reviewers, I've had no problems with it drying out quickly or becoming clumpy - been using the tube I've got since January and I've still got enough use in it to feel bad about chucking it after the designated three months was up.

on 2/5/2012 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The mascara itself is alright, but the formula is pretty horrible.
It is so dry I only used it maybe 3x before it became totally dried up and unusable.
Not sure if I just got a bad one but I'm definitely not going to try it again.
It will not give you fake lashes, the name is quite deceiving. It adds a bit of volume & length, I didn't have any problem with it clumping. No flakes or smudging. Fairly decent for the price, other than the super dry formula.
Check out my photo above, wearing 2 coats of big fake mascara.

on 6/19/2011 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For the price this is a good mascara. It has a big brush which I love. It makes my eyelashes look really full, and that is great because I have really short eylashes to begin with. The only problem I have with this mascara is that it dries out really fast, usually after a few weeks. You can keep mascara for about couple months, but mine didnt last even that. Which is sad because it is a good mascara!

on 11/30/2010 9:44:00 AM

I am really amazingly impressed by this mascara and it really does give me voluminous lashes! I really really struggle to find a cheap mascara that I actually like, and have been using YSL False Lash Effect mascara for as long as I can remember and although this isn't an exact dupe in terms of the final effect, it comes pretty darn close and I LOVE that is is 4.99 which is such a bargain to the 21.50 I shell out constantly for the YSL mascara. I will definitely repurchase and think for a high street/ drugstore mascara it is really fab!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had pretty high expectations for this mascara, mainly because of the massive brush... No such luck. It didn't do much for my lashes. Firstly it was too dry or something, like barely any product came out at all. I still like the brush but I guess because it was all dried up it just couldn't do anything based on the brush only.. Maybe I just got a bad one, anyway I'm sorry it didn't work for me because it seemed perfect!