Collection 2000 Big Fake Mascara

Collection 2000 Big Fake Mascara

2.9

on 1/25/2012 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Like this a lot, I find the 2 most important things about a mascara are lots of volume and a very intense black, this delivers both bigtime , and all for a fiver , a lot better than some HE mascara's I have boughT.
My sister really noticed the difference the first time I used it. I have bought 2 more as I would not like to be without it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My go to mascara, i prefer volume over length and i love the ammount of volume it gives! Personally don't think it clumps BUT i have found it is starting to dry out which i have heard happens a lot with this :/ but for 5 i cannot complain! love it!

on 1/5/2011 6:11:00 AM

Yet another person who bought this mascara as per Pixiwoo's recommendation! I wasn't sold when I first heard about it. I figured, cheap mascara equals not great payoff - wrong!
It's a huge brush and I think the formula is perfect for building up volume and length. I really like the look of my lashes, and the best thing? My lashes don't look spiky!
For 4.99 it's definitely worth a try if you're interested in drugstore brands.
Two thumps way, way up!

on 10/25/2010 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Sam and Nic have recently been using Collection 2000's BIG FAKE mascara for their Pixiwoo tutorials, so naturally I needed to try it for myself and it didn't disappoint. It gives me the same results of beautifully separated, evenly coated, non-clumpy lashes, with a rich colour [mine is ultra black. It also comes in black and brown/black]. I was really impressed by it's thickening ability, each time I've used it. The one thing that it doesn't do is lengthen my lashes. However the makers don't claim that it will, so no harm there.

Honestly; The results are the same on me as Benefit's Bad Gal Lash and Christian Dior's Diorshow mascara, only this is a third of the price [BIG FAKE is 5].

Yes - the brush is big, but no bigger then Diorshow, Bad Gal Lash or similar, so if you're used to then you shouldn't have any problems with BIG FAKE. The size of the brush is great as it separates, fans and slightly curls lashes, right from the roots to the tips, so my eyes really pop.

I do have one issue; This is a pain to remove. This hasn't put me off - this is my favourite mascara at the minute - but, yeah, I'll have to point that out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara!! I was a little put off when I first looked at the size of the brush, but soon realised how amazing it was after using it. The mascara itself is just right, not too thin and not too thick. I still use the brush now when using other mascaras to take off any excess and fan my lashes out more evenly. Would recommend this to anyone who likes big lashes but doesn't want to look too "fake".

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The brush is big, not as big as the CoverGirl Lash Blast or Maybelline Colossal. More like the Rimmel Max Volume Flash. The consistency is quite dry and thick which in my opinion holds a curl much more better than a wetter formula. I was quite impressed with both the volume and length it gave me. My lashes are quite short so this made them stand out rather well with two coats. Layering isn't a big problem, however it does clump a little. I wore it for the day and didn't notice any flakes or smudging, however my lashes did feel alot harder than they usually do with mascara.

on 6/19/2011 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For the price this is a good mascara. It has a big brush which I love. It makes my eyelashes look really full, and that is great because I have really short eylashes to begin with. The only problem I have with this mascara is that it dries out really fast, usually after a few weeks. You can keep mascara for about couple months, but mine didnt last even that. Which is sad because it is a good mascara!

on 1/16/2011 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I had heard a lot about this mascara but didn't take much interest at first. Collection 2000 is known for being a cheap makeup brand (in the UK) and it carried a stigma with it. When i was growing up, the brand was cheap- looked cheap and was useless. I don't know what happened but the brand reinvented itself and got good!!
The mascara is really nice. It makes my lashes long and the colour is very black- it doesn't do much for volume in my opinion though. The brush is really big so if you have a problem using big brushes, this mascara isn't for you. I have smallish almond shaped eyes but i find the brush ok to use.
The best thing about it is the price- 5! I have paid 4x/5x as much for HE mascaras that have been crap (yes ysl im talking to you!).
For how affordable it is, give it a try, i thought i wouldn't like it but i was so surprised!

on 12/21/2010 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Like another reviewer I bought this after watching the Sam and Nic Pixiwoo videos on Youtube. I was pleasantly surprised. I had been tempted to buy the Benefit Bad Gal mascara but this is less than half the price.

What has it got going for it? Firstly, I love the quirkey name - Big Fake - and the packaging is fun as well. It has a big brush which coats all the lashes very well. (Sometimes I manage to get it on my eyelids, though that happend with most mascaras.) The finish is excellent. I didn't think it was that great until I saw me in a photo wearing the ultra black shade.

I was slightly concerned when I realised that this mascara is waterproof. I usually avoid waterproff mascaras like the plague but this comes off fairly easity with an ordinary eyemakeup remeover. It doesn't smudge and it doesn't flake. I have it in two colours - brown black and whatever the blackest shade is called.

on 11/30/2010 9:44:00 AM

I am really amazingly impressed by this mascara and it really does give me voluminous lashes! I really really struggle to find a cheap mascara that I actually like, and have been using YSL False Lash Effect mascara for as long as I can remember and although this isn't an exact dupe in terms of the final effect, it comes pretty darn close and I LOVE that is is 4.99 which is such a bargain to the 21.50 I shell out constantly for the YSL mascara. I will definitely repurchase and think for a high street/ drugstore mascara it is really fab!