Collection 2000 Big Fake Mascara

Collection 2000 Big Fake Mascara

2.9

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The wand is good but the mascara itself just goes all clumpy on my lashes even with one coat. Did make my lashes a little longer though

on 1/16/2011 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I had heard a lot about this mascara but didn't take much interest at first. Collection 2000 is known for being a cheap makeup brand (in the UK) and it carried a stigma with it. When i was growing up, the brand was cheap- looked cheap and was useless. I don't know what happened but the brand reinvented itself and got good!!
The mascara is really nice. It makes my lashes long and the colour is very black- it doesn't do much for volume in my opinion though. The brush is really big so if you have a problem using big brushes, this mascara isn't for you. I have smallish almond shaped eyes but i find the brush ok to use.
The best thing about it is the price- 5! I have paid 4x/5x as much for HE mascaras that have been crap (yes ysl im talking to you!).
For how affordable it is, give it a try, i thought i wouldn't like it but i was so surprised!

on 1/5/2011 6:11:00 AM

Yet another person who bought this mascara as per Pixiwoo's recommendation! I wasn't sold when I first heard about it. I figured, cheap mascara equals not great payoff - wrong!
It's a huge brush and I think the formula is perfect for building up volume and length. I really like the look of my lashes, and the best thing? My lashes don't look spiky!
For 4.99 it's definitely worth a try if you're interested in drugstore brands.
Two thumps way, way up!

on 11/30/2010 9:44:00 AM

I am really amazingly impressed by this mascara and it really does give me voluminous lashes! I really really struggle to find a cheap mascara that I actually like, and have been using YSL False Lash Effect mascara for as long as I can remember and although this isn't an exact dupe in terms of the final effect, it comes pretty darn close and I LOVE that is is 4.99 which is such a bargain to the 21.50 I shell out constantly for the YSL mascara. I will definitely repurchase and think for a high street/ drugstore mascara it is really fab!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I think lots of companies give us huge brushes to make us think that we will get big lashes. Benefit have this habit and this mascara is the same, the massive brush is just useless. I can't get any mascara onto my lashes and it takes 5 coats and a LOT of mess on my eyelids (due to the massive brush) to actually get any results. Not buying again, already looking for a replacement.

on 6/19/2017 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Ok this is collection Big Fake Curves mascara, meant to give a false lash effect.

I haven't even worn it and I'm going ahead and writing a review, but with good reason!

I swatched it on the back of my hand and the formula was so off- putting that I couldn't even bring myself to put it on my eyelashes. It was grainy, dry and reminded me of pva glue and paint mixed together. It was also nearly impossible to get it off my hand, I had to rub it really hard with makeup remover. There's waterproof mascara and then there's tar, and this definitely seemed akin to the he latter.

Try at your own risk. I have very sensitive eyes so definitely didn't feel worth it for me. Also if it's grainy in the skin it's probably going to be bobbly and grainy on the lashes too, which is never a good look.

Watch me grapple with it here-

Just search for Ayish Zone on YouTube x

on 1/27/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Totally rubbish.....clumped up and is really stiff and gloopy. NOT GOOD

on 12/28/2012 3:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Absolutely worthless mascara! This is in no way volumising or lengthening. What this mascara did do was make my lashes even straighter than before I applied it. I have a slight curl to my lashes but they are very thin so I was attracted to the big brush and promises of volume. This formula made my lashes look awful and without any curl, lift or volume. I used it for a week and then threw it in the bin.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever brought! The brush is sooooo big, it's unusable - you accidentally get blobs of mascara all over your carefully applied eye-shadow. Additionally, it does not do what it says 'on the tin' & doesn't make your lashed thick. Finally, and this is the worst part, I applied it & checked my make up an hr later at work, only to discover major panda eyes (nobody had told me!!)!!!!! I've tried to use the brush in other mascaras as I thought it may just be the formulation & the brush is workable on the top lashes but it's so big, I can't get it in another of my other mascara tubes!!!

Don't waste your money, girls, this is USELESS!!!!!

Update on this mascara - I left it a while & it must have dried a little as the effect is now completely different! I actually like it & am using it in a daily basis. I use1coat, or maybe 2 if it's night-time, and get fabulous volume & length. I then just top it off with another waterproof mascara with a good separating brush to 'seal' it & it lasts really well. I also seem to have got the hang of using the big brush & rarely get blobs all over my face. It's strange how mascara's change over time - with this one, it's a blessing!

on 8/31/2012 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this mascara is so flaky and it smudges on me (plus i don't even have oily eyelids) the wand/brush is too big for my eyes, the product itself is very dry and won't last very long before it completely dries out. AND it's so hard to remove (and yet it still smudges on me) What a waste of money