Collection 2000 Big Fake Mascara

2.9

on 5/14/2012 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pretty good mascara for those looking for lots of volume and not too much length. On me, it gave a similar effect as Diorshow for a fraction of the price, and went on smoothly and clump-free. A pleasant surprise, except it was a bit smudgy by the end of the day so if I buy again I'll pick up the waterproof version. Unlike other reviewers, I've had no problems with it drying out quickly or becoming clumpy - been using the tube I've got since January and I've still got enough use in it to feel bad about chucking it after the designated three months was up.

on 5/14/2012 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This mascara is so awful! I've purchased 2 tubes as I thought the first one was faulty...turns out it wasn't, it's just a crap mascara. The formula is extremely dry, gives NO length and NO volume, clumps, flakes...there are no good points about this mascara to me. My lashes look better with no mascara on than this. The wand is very big and is a little difficult to use without getting mascara around my eyes. I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara!! I was a little put off when I first looked at the size of the brush, but soon realised how amazing it was after using it. The mascara itself is just right, not too thin and not too thick. I still use the brush now when using other mascaras to take off any excess and fan my lashes out more evenly. Would recommend this to anyone who likes big lashes but doesn't want to look too "fake".

on 12/4/2011 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

What a complete disappointment.

I had my eye on this mascara for a long time and finally bought it last week thinking that I would finally give it a shot and my goodness, did I waste my money.

On the tube, this claims to lengthen and volumize, giving your lashes a waterproof false lash effect. I found none of this to be the case.
The wand, not unlike Urban Decay's Big Fatty is too big to actually work with and the product combined with that factor makes my eyelashes look clumpy, cheap and even the cheap highstreet price tag of 4.99 seems cheap for this ghastly product.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The brush is big, not as big as the CoverGirl Lash Blast or Maybelline Colossal. More like the Rimmel Max Volume Flash. The consistency is quite dry and thick which in my opinion holds a curl much more better than a wetter formula. I was quite impressed with both the volume and length it gave me. My lashes are quite short so this made them stand out rather well with two coats. Layering isn't a big problem, however it does clump a little. I wore it for the day and didn't notice any flakes or smudging, however my lashes did feel alot harder than they usually do with mascara.

on 6/19/2011 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For the price this is a good mascara. It has a big brush which I love. It makes my eyelashes look really full, and that is great because I have really short eylashes to begin with. The only problem I have with this mascara is that it dries out really fast, usually after a few weeks. You can keep mascara for about couple months, but mine didnt last even that. Which is sad because it is a good mascara!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I was highly disappointed with this mascara. The brush is ridiculously big...I do not have small eyes, but the brush was just too big for me. It'd catch the skin around my eyes no matter how careful I was. The mascara itself was medicore - minimal length and no volume. I did like the rich black colour though.

EDIT: I now like this for an *everyday* *natural* mascara. It doesn't look like I'm wearing mascara but defines them and adds colour. It also works well for layering ontop of another mascara.

on 1/5/2011 6:11:00 AM

Yet another person who bought this mascara as per Pixiwoo's recommendation! I wasn't sold when I first heard about it. I figured, cheap mascara equals not great payoff - wrong!
It's a huge brush and I think the formula is perfect for building up volume and length. I really like the look of my lashes, and the best thing? My lashes don't look spiky!
For 4.99 it's definitely worth a try if you're interested in drugstore brands.
Two thumps way, way up!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I think lots of companies give us huge brushes to make us think that we will get big lashes. Benefit have this habit and this mascara is the same, the massive brush is just useless. I can't get any mascara onto my lashes and it takes 5 coats and a LOT of mess on my eyelids (due to the massive brush) to actually get any results. Not buying again, already looking for a replacement.