Estée Lauder Sensuous Noir

3.5

on 3/7/2013 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Sensuous Noir by Este Lauder is not a ground breaking fragrance by any stretch of the imagination; however, when compared to other designer fragrances, SN is a breath of fresh air. Basically, it is a sweet, woody oriental with a crowd pleasing pine/patchouli/vanilla-dessert note combo. Do yourself a favor during your next visit to your local department store: walk past Coco Noir and continue straight to SNyou will not be disappointed. Actually, stay at the EL counter and continue sniffing your way through the entire line. Be sure to stop at Cinnabar and Private Collection. If you find the two aforementioned fragrances too vintage for your taste, check out Bronze Goddess and Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia; there should be something for everyone.

Longevity and Projection: Good
Overall 3.5/5

on 1/2/2012 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Being that I love the Sensuous Nude, I thought I'd test spritz this one as well today at the mall. Ughhh... not feminine at all... reminded me of pipe tobacco ....quite possibly headache inducing if applied with a heavy hand.

on 7/7/2011 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Sexiest fragrance I have smelled in years - better than the original (lasts longer on me and more of the honey and amber notes which are less popular in the modern fragrances which are being released these days). on first spray there is a slightly masculine tinge mixed with something that reminds me of Chloe Narcisse, but then settles into a beautiful musky clean fragrance which I adore.

on 12/25/2010 9:11:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I am not a big fan of the original Sensuous but this is definitely more up to my liking. They have used the same basis but made it more interesting by adding more spice and fruit. This is defilitely a warm scent, perfect for Christmas ( I am actually wearing it today and it is a perfect match)! Good sillage and staying power. I would consider buying a full bottle!
EDIT: After wearing consecutively for three days, I have realised that it is a little bit too sirupy for my taste and it gets overwhelming after a while. I wish I could give it 3.5 lippies.

on 9/26/2010 2:33:00 PM

Sensuous Noir is a very bewitching, beguiling scent. I can detect what i think are deep, dark plums and patchouli and both the notes swirl around like wind in a terrifying thunderstorm. I like to think Sensuous Noir is the evil twin sister to Sensuous. Sensuous Noir does not have that smooth honeyed note that Sensuous has. Instead, it is infused with patchouli which gives it it's dark vibe. Sensuous Noir could even have worked as a men's scent. Another comparison i like to make with Sensuous and Sensuous Noir is from the old television show Bewitched. Samantha, being the good, friendly witch, would wear Sensuous. The sweet honyed not would fit her sweet as pie personality and smile. Sensuous Noir, however, would fit Samantha's twin sister Serena. Serena with her demented sense of humor and naughtiness would feel right at home with Sensuous Noir.

on 8/3/2010 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This comes in a dark blue bottle the same shape and design of Sensuous. It is an edp.

I came across it accidently and the SA sprayed some on my wrist. Wow! It reminded me of Obession Sheer initially and as it dried down i thought of a sweeter and intense Midnight Poison (not like its elixir) crossed with Opium for Men.

If you like spicy mysterious scents that are not overly heady like YSL Nu then try this. Plus it lasts for ages! I have had it on (small spray) for four hours and still going strong.

Update (16/01/10): I tried this on again after i got a waft of this lady wearing it and i thought wowsers - if i was a man then.....!!!
It is like Sensuous with an oomph....with added vanilla, tonka and spices. If you want to stand out like Dior Addict, but without that overwhelming effect then try this. Gorgeous .

Popular Fragrances