Estée Lauder Sensuous Noir

Estée Lauder Sensuous Noir
Estee Lauder Sensuous Noir

3.5

on 2/15/2016 7:09:00 PM

This is for brave women...only. i just adore it.

on 9/28/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have other scents that cover this area already. I also find it relatively safe and generic.

Est�e Lauder rendition of a niche type scent, specifically serge lutens. Sensuous Noire is a cross between serge lutens filles et aiguilles (think cheery Christmas pine) and shiseido feminite de bois/lutens feminitie de bois (honeyed dried fruit and warm wood) (Lutens was the creative director of the Lutens and Shiseido scents). The original Feminitie du bois, I think, was released in 1992.

I consider both filles et aiguilles and feminitie de bois to be relatively easy mainstream niche in terms of wearability, provided one likes pine, wood and honeyed fruit accords. If you want a great pine from the EL collection, I also adore the original private collection which can be had for a song on eBay.

Since I own FBs of the latter two, there is no need for me to buy a FB of sensuous noir.

I have great respect for Est�e Lauder fragrances, especially vintage azuree, aliage, youth dew, Clinique aromatics elixir, private collection etc. it never occurred to me to wear EL when I was younger, so these are new discoveries. I don't think sensuous noire is in that league because somehow it's distinctly mainstream, but SN is certainly much easier to wear than the more challenging vintage ELs.

on 5/13/2014 8:54:00 PM

I am trying this today and oh dear....it's another one for the want shelf! It is a beautiful mix of spice and wood, slightly masculine but I don't mind that. I am wearing the original sensuous on my other wrist and that is a pale whisper compared to the noir, even though the noir is heavier I actually find it more feminine and 100x sexier! I do get the comparisons to dior midnight poison but i find this softer and prettier, less patchouli perhaps? I think this may oust shalimar from my favourites shelf! Definitely a cold weather fragrance.

on 10/3/2013 4:12:00 PM

Being a guy, I never wear women's fragrances. Not because I feel like I have to stick to gendered fragrances, they just don't smell great on me. This is not one of them. I love this scent SO much, like you wouldn't believe. I sprayed it at work and instantly fell in love. It smells strikingly similar to another favourite, Yves Saint Laurent Belle D'Opium, of which I cannot wear because it turns on me. But this is more woody, with lightness given by the rose and jasmine top notes that skilfully disappear as the day goes on. The base of vanilla really makes a difference in lasting power, as this lasts a good 6-8 hours. This is particularly good for me considering fragrance wicks away from me and I have to re-apply multiple times in a day. A stunning fragrance, for men and women.

I had been wanting Sensuous for a while -it smelled great sprayed on clothes. But once tested on my skin, I ended up with Sensuous Noir instead. So glad I did.

I sprayed one wrist with Sensuous and the other with Sensuous Noir.Sensuous started off with that nice woodsy/oriental note that I like about it.Then it turned a soft floral, before ending up slightly powdery. And the end product was so so soft it was barely noticable.Sensuous Noir,on the other hand (wrist actually) started off with the same woodsy/oriental note as Sensuous,but stronger. Then it changed to a slight vanilla, ending in a soft musk (with a trace of the vanilla remaining) that was noticable but not cloying.

Sensuous Noir reminds me of Tom Ford Black Orchid and Black Orchid Voile de Fleur-it begins very strong then shifts to something softer. It's almost as if Tom Ford Black Orchid + Dior Addict joined together. Odd but quite the perfume for those that want something that is not plain.

on 1/2/2012 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Being that I love the Sensuous Nude, I thought I'd test spritz this one as well today at the mall. Ughhh... not feminine at all... reminded me of pipe tobacco ....quite possibly headache inducing if applied with a heavy hand.

on 12/3/2011 1:24:00 PM

I like this, but my husband LOVES this! He is a patchouli lover and I wear it for him because he thinks it is sexy. Lasts forever on me. I will repurchase. Would have given this and Sensuous both 5s but couldn't because of the boring bottles!!

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Oh my! This is the sexy sister of the Sensuous trio of scents, as far as my nose is concerned.

Sensuous Noir is a modern oriental. After using up the sample spray, I promptly ordered it in a full size when Macys had an Estee Lauder gift-with-purchase special.

Sensuous Noir, in it's royal purple colored bottle, smells predominantly of spices, woods, amber and vanilla with a hint of patchouli.

You'll probably like this if you enjoy classic old orientals like L'Heure Bleu and Shalimar; as well as Estee Lauder orientals like Youth Dew, Cinnabar and Spellbound (though all three of those are much sweeter and stronger than Sensuous Noir). This is definitely an autumn/winter scent too.

On me this is very dull, just light slightly sweet patchouli that packs no punch. After about 4 hours it develops a slight powderiness and smells of amber but that's about it. Very disappointing. I find it also has not much staying power on my skin.

Make sure you take heed of the name- NOIR. This perfume is great, but really only suited to a big night out at a sexy night club. Wearing this Sensuous Noir without smokey eye shadow and stiletto heels would seem inappropriate and OTT.

A great perfume for the above occasion though, and great lasting power too. Can still smell it on clothes I wore 2 weeks ago!

Popular Fragrances