Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.5

on 5/13/2014 8:54:00 PM

I am trying this today and oh dear....it's another one for the want shelf! It is a beautiful mix of spice and wood, slightly masculine but I don't mind that. I am wearing the original sensuous on my other wrist and that is a pale whisper compared to the noir, even though the noir is heavier I actually find it more feminine and 100x sexier! I do get the comparisons to dior midnight poison but i find this softer and prettier, less patchouli perhaps? I think this may oust shalimar from my favourites shelf! Definitely a cold weather fragrance.

on 9/6/2013 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Sensuous Noir is a cross between Midnight Poison and Belle d`Opium with a smidge of Feminite du Bois and the original Sensuous infused with pine needles. I can picture a woman with an Yves Saint Laurent tuxedo suit wearing this. And yes, I find it a little androgynous.

Opens with an almost medicinal spicy blast of pine and pepper as strongly as the original Lolita Lempicka opens with ivy and anise. I like this part because it's quite unusual and cooling/ burning - almost like peppery mint. It remains spicy until the very end and there is definitely some clean patchouli in the middle. I can also detect benzoin which makes it a little more incensey but does not add any sweetness. The drydown after several hours is deliciously soft with whispering amber but I don't get any floral elements.

Where the original is creamy this one is smokey.

Therefore although Sensuous Noir is a perfectly enjoyable woody peppery perfume it lacks an interesting twist beyond the opening. I'd prefer it to be a little more edgy but I still like it.

on 3/7/2013 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Sensuous Noir by Estée Lauder is not a ground breaking fragrance by any stretch of the imagination; however, when compared to other designer fragrances, SN is a breath of fresh air. Basically, it is a sweet, woody oriental with a crowd pleasing pine/patchouli/vanilla-dessert note combo. Do yourself a favor during your next visit to your local department store: walk past Coco Noir and continue straight to SN—you will not be disappointed. Actually, stay at the EL counter and continue sniffing your way through the entire line. Be sure to stop at Cinnabar and Private Collection. If you find the two aforementioned fragrances too “vintage” for your taste, check out Bronze Goddess and Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia; there should be something for everyone.

Longevity and Projection: Good
Overall 3.5/5

on 9/29/2012 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A big no for me as it smells like a man' s cologne to my nose
Actually my GP uses a cologne that smells just like it
I prefer feminine scents, Estee Lauder missed the target on that one, a scent can be dark, it doesnt t have to be so dry and masculine!

on 2/2/2012 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Tried this today and I think the word Noir is a give away that this smells like a mens fragrance. I don't love this but its not all that bad, just really strong in a mens fragrance sort of way, I actually think this would smell good on my husband, I would really love to smell this on him.

on 12/3/2011 1:24:00 PM

I like this, but my husband LOVES this! He is a patchouli lover and I wear it for him because he thinks it is sexy. Lasts forever on me. I will repurchase. Would have given this and Sensuous both 5s but couldn't because of the boring bottles!!

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Oh my! This is the sexy sister of the Sensuous trio of scents, as far as my nose is concerned.

Sensuous Noir is a modern oriental. After using up the sample spray, I promptly ordered it in a full size when Macys had an Estee Lauder gift-with-purchase special.

Sensuous Noir, in it's royal purple colored bottle, smells predominantly of spices, woods, amber and vanilla with a hint of patchouli.

You'll probably like this if you enjoy classic old orientals like L'Heure Bleu and Shalimar; as well as Estee Lauder orientals like Youth Dew, Cinnabar and Spellbound (though all three of those are much sweeter and stronger than Sensuous Noir). This is definitely an autumn/winter scent too.

Make sure you take heed of the name- NOIR. This perfume is great, but really only suited to a big night out at a sexy night club. Wearing this Sensuous Noir without smokey eye shadow and stiletto heels would seem inappropriate and OTT.

A great perfume for the above occasion though, and great lasting power too. Can still smell it on clothes I wore 2 weeks ago!

on 7/7/2011 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Sexiest fragrance I have smelled in years - better than the original (lasts longer on me and more of the honey and amber notes which are less popular in the modern fragrances which are being released these days). on first spray there is a slightly masculine tinge mixed with something that reminds me of Chloe Narcisse, but then settles into a beautiful musky clean fragrance which I adore.

on 4/6/2011 10:52:00 PM

I'm a fragrance junkie, and Sensuous Noir is definitely one of my top 5 favorites. If you like strong, moody, evening scents, try this. I love the original version too, but to me, the peppery, musky, more masculine notes in this one make me feel even sexier.

Popular Fragrances