Estée Lauder Sensuous Noir

Estée Lauder Sensuous Noir
Estee Lauder Sensuous Noir

4.4

on 8/4/2016 7:08:00 PM

Skip the poetics, I `ll get straight to the point. I get more compliments on this then any other fragrance I own, including better quality niche scents. It just works for me. Some reviewers have noted a similarity in style or feel to SL FdB, and I would agree, though SN is sweeter. I also find it similar in a softer, less edgier way to YSL Nu, another favorite of mine. Both exude a cool/warm sensation that , at least for me, is purely addictive.

on 9/6/2013 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Sensuous Noir is a cross between Midnight Poison and Belle d`Opium with a smidge of Feminite du Bois and the original Sensuous infused with pine needles. I can picture a woman with an Yves Saint Laurent tuxedo suit wearing this. And yes, I find it a little androgynous.

Opens with an almost medicinal spicy blast of pine and pepper as strongly as the original Lolita Lempicka opens with ivy and anise. I like this part because it's quite unusual and cooling/ burning - almost like peppery mint. It remains spicy until the very end and there is definitely some clean patchouli in the middle. I can also detect benzoin which makes it a little more incensey but does not add any sweetness. The drydown after several hours is deliciously soft with whispering amber but I don't get any floral elements.

Where the original is creamy this one is smokey.

Therefore although Sensuous Noir is a perfectly enjoyable woody peppery perfume it lacks an interesting twist beyond the opening. I'd prefer it to be a little more edgy but I still like it.

I had been wanting Sensuous for a while -it smelled great sprayed on clothes. But once tested on my skin, I ended up with Sensuous Noir instead. So glad I did.

I sprayed one wrist with Sensuous and the other with Sensuous Noir.Sensuous started off with that nice woodsy/oriental note that I like about it.Then it turned a soft floral, before ending up slightly powdery. And the end product was so so soft it was barely noticable.Sensuous Noir,on the other hand (wrist actually) started off with the same woodsy/oriental note as Sensuous,but stronger. Then it changed to a slight vanilla, ending in a soft musk (with a trace of the vanilla remaining) that was noticable but not cloying.

Sensuous Noir reminds me of Tom Ford Black Orchid and Black Orchid Voile de Fleur-it begins very strong then shifts to something softer. It's almost as if Tom Ford Black Orchid + Dior Addict joined together. Odd but quite the perfume for those that want something that is not plain.

on 12/1/2011 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been addicted to this scent! I went to the Lauder counter to spray (for the fifth time or so!) and melted. Some of it must have sprayed on my coat, because even up to a week later I was enjoying the scent every time I put on my coat! This is a nice warm scent that has a bitter sweetness to it. If you like spicier, warmer scents - this is for you. There are some florals in here, mostly night flowers, patchouli, vanilla, honey, amber, and more.

on 7/7/2011 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Sexiest fragrance I have smelled in years - better than the original (lasts longer on me and more of the honey and amber notes which are less popular in the modern fragrances which are being released these days). on first spray there is a slightly masculine tinge mixed with something that reminds me of Chloe Narcisse, but then settles into a beautiful musky clean fragrance which I adore.

on 4/6/2011 10:52:00 PM

I'm a fragrance junkie, and Sensuous Noir is definitely one of my top 5 favorites. If you like strong, moody, evening scents, try this. I love the original version too, but to me, the peppery, musky, more masculine notes in this one make me feel even sexier.

Since I like warm, spicy, musky scents, I thought I may like this one. It did smell delicious spritzed on the paper card. Once I sprayed it on, however, it didn't smell so nice. It started smelling too much like incense, and then just dried down to smell like an incensey men's cologne. My mom and sister smelled it and both said it only smelled like men's cologne. nothing sexy about that in my opinion :-(. The original Sensuous, while I don't care for it that much either, is much better.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A deep heart of Molten Woods, Creme Noir and Patchouli, surrounded by rich florals including Spiced Lily, Purple Rose and other night-blooming florals.
I don't smell anything like sweet candy.... but compared to let's say, Youth Dew, then this is more wearable and sweeter. To me this is like a mix of Tom Ford Black Orchid, Opium, and something else....that's complex. The intensity is not the same as those. This is a perfume you have to smell and test on your own, and please don't be influenced by the opinion of others. While I have collected and tested quite a lot of scents from designer to niche, I know that some perfumes can take the place of 5-10 others. This is one of those. I was looking for something this year, and thought it would be a never ending search until I found this today. I had it on a list to test for a few weeks, and I am a fan of Allure Sensuelle as well. It doesn't smell anything like it.
I had the original Sensuous perfume and had to return it. It just wasn't working for my chemistry and the lasting power wasn't good on me.
I haven't talked to many women who haven't chosen this as their Winter perfume, or become completely obsessed with it. While some people will dismiss it as something similar to something else, or they can find something better... that's your chemistry. I've always said that most women want a plain linear perfume, and I don't understand why they want to all smell the same. If we all followed each other then we would still be in caves and hunting for food. Someone had to help evolve humanity by being different. Head over to Fragrantica's site for better reviews on this fragrance. Update: I've noticed this is really popular in England and Europe. America tends to either wear fruity florals, clean, or sweet scents.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

its a gorgeous smell in a lovely bottle... certainly an autumn scent and it gets better with time. i highly recommend the scent for someone wanting non floral smell.i bought this instead of the original as i felt this is richer in smell and lasts a lot longer.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When Estee Lauder came out with Sensuous in 2008, I was thrilled. Finally an EL scent that was NOT a floral. Most of their fragrances are cloyingly floral and a put off for me. I like Sensuous because it is rich and warm, spicy, and completely different from anything they've done. Now there is Sensuous Noir, an even darker and warmer scent than Sensuous. The notes that stick out to me are patchouli, lily, vanilla, honey, amber, and black pepper. This one's a winner!