LUSH 9 to 5

LUSH 9 to 5
9 to 5

3.9

Water (Aqua), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Stearic Acid, Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Everlasting Flower Absolute (Helichrysum italicum), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 3/7/2017 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm almost out of my second (small) bottle and will buy it again. I have combo, very acne prone skin, and find that my skin calms when I don't wash with water. I rub this all over my face, then wipe with cotton pads. Leaves my skin clean and soft with no feeling of residue. Not much need for moisturizer afterwards unless skin is very dry or you want something that makes your makeup go on better.

I only use this in the morning, or when I haven't used makeup during the day, as I like something that lathers to remove my makeup. I haven't even tried it to remove makeup so I can't comment on that.

I love that it only has a few, mostly natural, ingredients. Scent is mild and pleasant. And a small bottle lasts longer than you may think, so I don't think the price is unreasonable. Then again I don't use it every day, so that might be why :P

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

i love this product!! a lot of ppl have been complimenting my skin & how it's cleared up and i can definitely say it's bc i've been using this twice a day.

i don't wear much makeup though, so i get that you'd probably need a stronger cleanser if you want to remove your makeup.

but i've been using this as a substitute for cleanser and it's really worked so far, will definitely be repurchasing :-)

on 2/7/2017 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Clogged pores, clogged pores everywhere. Was an ok makeup remover for non waterproof makeup, but definitely could not use it as a face wash. Even double cleansing afterwards didn't negate the clogging.
Wasn't a huge fan of the smell either unfortunately, in a strange way it reminded me of baby powder and ponds cold cream. I wanted to move away from foaming cleansers so cream cleansers, but it wasn't going to be with this one.

on 9/3/2016 6:06:00 AM

I began using this a week or two ago. I'm in my second trimester of pregnancy and trying to opt for some natural skincare whilst still being able to indulge and pamper! So far this has broken me out horribly- it's the only skincare change Ive made recently and I'm shattered cause it has covered my face which was clear as a button last week! Trying to persist and hope I see a change..

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this cleanser to remove eye make up and it works great, it's very gentle on the skin and doesn't cause irritation to my eyes or the area around them. It's lightweight with a runny consistency. I use this before my main cleanser and I have nothing bad to say about it. I love the packaging and the price is decent. The smell is nice and it leaves your skin feeling smooth afterwards. Would definitely recommend you try it!

I used this a few years ago, in the dead of winter. My usually oily t zone got super dry and I had flaky patches everywhere, not cute. So I went and got this, thinking it will be gentler and moisturizing. I love the name (huge Dolly fan here!) I love that it came in a bottle instead of pot, I loved the smell, sooooo good. It did get my make up off and it felt smooth and not dry *but* it broke me out pretty bad. Was super bummed out it didn't work for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

There aren't as many lotion cleansers out there like this that I've found, as most are gels, foams or creams, so Lush's 9 to 5 is pretty unique. I do not use it as a make up remover, only as a morning 'get a cleaned face quick' option after waking up and always followed by a toner to remove the excess because this can easily build up on your face and leaves a residue on your skin if you leave it as-is. 9 to 5 feels pleasant on my skin, doesn't break me out or cause any adverse reactions.

I've been really shocked with how well this delivers as a makeup remover. This is not something I would have normally bought because I would be skeptical of a lotion like this being able to really clean the face. However, it was in a gift set I received and now I can actually see myself re-buying it.

I advise to skip the cotton pad in applying this. Just rub it on your face with your fingers then take a damp cloth or paper towel to remove. The cotton pad they suggest is a waste; you don't need it and it would take a lot of time and elbow grease to remove makeup with 9 to 5 and a cotton pad. The wet cloth at the end is the crucial step. It will remove every trace of makeup cleanly. I have followed 9 to 5 with toner on a cotton pad and found the pad will come away clean- there is nothing left to remove except maybe the residue of the cleanser itself.

Yes, it does leave an oily residue. It's not greasy, but it's there. And it has a strong fragrance, which while lovely, is not very good for the face and I do try to avoid it. While I do not seem to have had any breakouts or adverse reactions to this product, I would not use it everyday. It is great to use when you are really tired and want to shorten your skincare routine before bed. But I always make sure to wash my face the following morning with a traditional cleanser so the residue doesn't sit around and clog up.

Overall it's a good product to have in your arsenal and I'm personally glad I tried it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is AMAZING! My favorite purchase of 2016 and I NEVER want to be without it! I was able to sample it inside the Lush store when the sales girl used it to remove my makeuo before doing a facial. She put it straight on my face and then used a cotton pad to take it off. Now before this, I had been using an oil cleanser that was greasy and made me break out so this was an ENTIRELY new feeling on my skin that I instantly fell in love with!! It removes everything even mascara. I have very very sensitive eyes and skin and this doesn't bother either, in fact I prefer using this on my eyes over vaseline. It smells soooooooo good which is a bonus too and the packaging is great I like that it comes out of a bottle and not a pot. This doesn't leave a film on my face either, it doesn't strip my skin or make it feel dry. Basically it does everything I've ever wanted a cleanser do. I'm beyond happy with this product!!!!

on 11/28/2015 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is advertised as a cleansing lotion, and it is exactly that. It gets off makeup pretty well and leaves skin moisturized. I'm a full-time student with 3 part time jobs, so some days I get home late and don't want to go through my whole cleansing routine. I just rub this into my face and lightly on my eyes, then wipe off with a damp paper towel until I don't see any more makeup coming off. This leaves my skin clean enough and moisturized enough that I'm okay with it being my only skincare before going to bed. However, I make sure to use a stronger cleanser in the morning because this leaves a film and doesn't have any exfoliating properties (it doesn't claim to have them, I just have really flaky skin).

If you don't have breakout-prone skin and need a simple cleanser to remove makeup without stripping the skin, give this a try. My only complaint is that it is somewhat messy to use- I switched from using washcloths to paper towels to get this off because it left my washcloths covered in the makeup-colored used lotion. Otherwise, the packaging is effective and I can use almost all of the product so I don't feel wasteful. I always have this on hand for late nights.