LUSH 9 to 5

LUSH 9 to 5
9 to 5

3.9

Water (Aqua), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Stearic Acid, Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Everlasting Flower Absolute (Helichrysum italicum), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 9/3/2016 6:06:00 AM

I began using this a week or two ago. I'm in my second trimester of pregnancy and trying to opt for some natural skincare whilst still being able to indulge and pamper! So far this has broken me out horribly- it's the only skincare change Ive made recently and I'm shattered cause it has covered my face which was clear as a button last week! Trying to persist and hope I see a change..

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this cleanser to remove eye make up and it works great, it's very gentle on the skin and doesn't cause irritation to my eyes or the area around them. It's lightweight with a runny consistency. I use this before my main cleanser and I have nothing bad to say about it. I love the packaging and the price is decent. The smell is nice and it leaves your skin feeling smooth afterwards. Would definitely recommend you try it!

To Read all 72 Reviews, Login or Join

I used this a few years ago, in the dead of winter. My usually oily t zone got super dry and I had flaky patches everywhere, not cute. So I went and got this, thinking it will be gentler and moisturizing. I love the name (huge Dolly fan here!) I love that it came in a bottle instead of pot, I loved the smell, sooooo good. It did get my make up off and it felt smooth and not dry *but* it broke me out pretty bad. Was super bummed out it didn't work for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

There aren't as many lotion cleansers out there like this that I've found, as most are gels, foams or creams, so Lush's 9 to 5 is pretty unique. I do not use it as a make up remover, only as a morning 'get a cleaned face quick' option after waking up and always followed by a toner to remove the excess because this can easily build up on your face and leaves a residue on your skin if you leave it as-is. 9 to 5 feels pleasant on my skin, doesn't break me out or cause any adverse reactions.

I've been really shocked with how well this delivers as a makeup remover. This is not something I would have normally bought because I would be skeptical of a lotion like this being able to really clean the face. However, it was in a gift set I received and now I can actually see myself re-buying it.

I advise to skip the cotton pad in applying this. Just rub it on your face with your fingers then take a damp cloth or paper towel to remove. The cotton pad they suggest is a waste; you don't need it and it would take a lot of time and elbow grease to remove makeup with 9 to 5 and a cotton pad. The wet cloth at the end is the crucial step. It will remove every trace of makeup cleanly. I have followed 9 to 5 with toner on a cotton pad and found the pad will come away clean- there is nothing left to remove except maybe the residue of the cleanser itself.

Yes, it does leave an oily residue. It's not greasy, but it's there. And it has a strong fragrance, which while lovely, is not very good for the face and I do try to avoid it. While I do not seem to have had any breakouts or adverse reactions to this product, I would not use it everyday. It is great to use when you are really tired and want to shorten your skincare routine before bed. But I always make sure to wash my face the following morning with a traditional cleanser so the residue doesn't sit around and clog up.

Overall it's a good product to have in your arsenal and I'm personally glad I tried it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is AMAZING! My favorite purchase of 2016 and I NEVER want to be without it! I was able to sample it inside the Lush store when the sales girl used it to remove my makeuo before doing a facial. She put it straight on my face and then used a cotton pad to take it off. Now before this, I had been using an oil cleanser that was greasy and made me break out so this was an ENTIRELY new feeling on my skin that I instantly fell in love with!! It removes everything even mascara. I have very very sensitive eyes and skin and this doesn't bother either, in fact I prefer using this on my eyes over vaseline. It smells soooooooo good which is a bonus too and the packaging is great I like that it comes out of a bottle and not a pot. This doesn't leave a film on my face either, it doesn't strip my skin or make it feel dry. Basically it does everything I've ever wanted a cleanser do. I'm beyond happy with this product!!!!

on 11/28/2015 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is advertised as a cleansing lotion, and it is exactly that. It gets off makeup pretty well and leaves skin moisturized. I'm a full-time student with 3 part time jobs, so some days I get home late and don't want to go through my whole cleansing routine. I just rub this into my face and lightly on my eyes, then wipe off with a damp paper towel until I don't see any more makeup coming off. This leaves my skin clean enough and moisturized enough that I'm okay with it being my only skincare before going to bed. However, I make sure to use a stronger cleanser in the morning because this leaves a film and doesn't have any exfoliating properties (it doesn't claim to have them, I just have really flaky skin).

If you don't have breakout-prone skin and need a simple cleanser to remove makeup without stripping the skin, give this a try. My only complaint is that it is somewhat messy to use- I switched from using washcloths to paper towels to get this off because it left my washcloths covered in the makeup-colored used lotion. Otherwise, the packaging is effective and I can use almost all of the product so I don't feel wasteful. I always have this on hand for late nights.

on 11/6/2015 3:25:00 AM

Someone gave this to me as a gift and I wasn't really sure how it was meant to be used, so I've been using it most nights before I go to bed. I usually take off my makeup, wash my face, and then put this on. I usually don't need to wipe any off unless i accidentally put on too much. It smells good, but the scent isn't strong at all, which I like. You only need to use a little bit so even though it's pricey it should last you a while. In the two to three months I've been using this every other night or so, I haven't noticed my skin get any better or worse. I'm still not sure what this product is supposed to do or how it's meant to be used, but I keep using it because it makes my skin feel good I guess? When it runs out I probbaly won't buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

To start with i didn't like this product, very much it felt lovely on my skin but it wasn't removing my makeup (why i brought this product) but it wasn't removing my makeup! until i started using a flannel to remove and it does absolute wonders! it takes every little bit of my makeup off and leaves my face feeling refreshed and moisturised.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I'm a little bit torn on this product. I like the smell a lot, and the way it feels when I put it on, and the way it removes makeup.

BUT it's a little bit drying. I find it I don't IMMEDIATELY wash my face afterwards with a moisturizing facewash/lotion it will make my skin feel tight and dry which is not something I look for in a cleanser or makeupremoval. I have extremely sensitive and eczema prone skin though, so for more people I assume this would be gentle enough.

I use it as a 'pre cleanser/makeup remover' as in this is the first step I take in my routine (makeup removal (this), facial cleanser, toner, lotion). I also feel like if you are ONLY using this cleanser it would only be appropriate if you don’t wear any makeup. Doesn't seem like it's much of a deep clean, but didn't cause breakouts either.

I am going to try to find another option for makeup removal (Ultrabland perhaps) and see how that goes. Love Lush and have had great success with their products, just need something a little more moisturizing.

Overall, I find this to be an average product.