LUSH It Started with a Kiss Lip Tint

LUSH It Started with a Kiss Lip Tint
It Started with a Kiss Lip TintIt Started with a Kiss Lip TintLush It Started With A Kiss

3.6

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Fresh Red Apple Fusion, Japan Wax, Shea Butter, Icing Sugar, Carnauba Oil, Glycerin, Vanilla Absolute, Sweet Wild Orange oil, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Red Currants, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/31/2017 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have a "stick" lip tint, so it's easy to carry with me and apply whenever I need it. My lips are pigmented, so it doesn't take much to make them look dark. ISWAK gives my lips a sheer red gloss that enhances their natural appearance (similar to Medieval) and makes them feel soft. This gloss doesn't smell or taste very good, but it works nicely, and it stays on lips for quite a while (hours). The smell is sweet. If I use my imagination, I can conjure images of apple pie, but but it's more like an apple-cinnamon candle. The taste is more of a smell than a taste, if that makes sense. It's not unpleasant, it's just not very exciting compared to products like Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment, but only as far as scent and flavor go. This is just as good of a lip treatment for moisture and weather protection. If you're looking for sheer red lipstick, this probably won't do, but if you like Medieval, Clinique Sweet Pots, or Fresh Sugar Rose, this is a great option! I don't notice any "tingle" or warmth that Lush claims this provides. This feels creamier than most other lip balms. There's no shimmer, just sheer color. It's especially nice on lips after exfoliating with one of Lush's wonderful lip scrubs.

on 1/9/2017 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this back when it was in a tin, and that's pretty much the sole reason for not using it up. Not only do I dislike putting my fingers in my balm, but it also poses a problem when the balm is highly pigmented, and you end up with red fingers that you need to wipe off. It's just messy and annoying, on top of it being unhygienic. I'm glad to hear that it's in a different format now, though I'm not exactly running out the door to repurchase. I like the smell, the (mild) tingle it gives my lips, the intense pigment and the shade, but it's not moisturizing enough to me. I'd like it to be more balm-y, so I don't have to go through the hassle of mixing it with another balm.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegetarian (as listed on website, though I can't figure out what animal byproduct is in there to make it non vegan?)
+ Lovely shade - cool toned red
+ High pigment
+ I like the scent (apples and cinnamon), particularly during the winter

- A bit gritty in texture, and doesn't melt as easily as I'd like it to
- Despite an ingredient list that sounds like it'd make a moisturizing product, it doesn't give enough moisture for my liking
- Old packaging was shit, really hard to open and unhygienic. I can't tell you how good the new stick format is, but it sounds like a much better idea at the very least

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- pigment is excellent for a tint/balm product
- such good price!!!

CONS:
- the smell is overpowering. it really is.
- can be a bit grainy

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I am loving this product now that it comes in a tube instead of a messy tin (I really don't like sticking my fingers into my lip balm to apply, and I don't want to carry around a lip brush either).

It Started With A Kiss is harder than Strawberry Bombshell and Sunkissed, but I really love the scent and tint color, and I love how soft this makes my lips. It's a hard balm, so I have to swipe it over my lips several times to warm it up and get it going, but that makes it kind of exfoliating, in a weird way. And all of the lovely butters and oils in it are so soothing.

The color this leaves on my lips is similar to Fresh's original Sugar Rose lip treatment. A really subtle reddish hint to the lips that just makes me look healthy and not like I'm wearing lipstick. I love the way that this feels on my lips (not waxy or coating at all), and I really love the spiced apple pie scent as well. It's incredibly comforting to me, and it makes my lips feel so soft and happy.

I wish that LUSH would put all of their lip treatments into a tube format instead of the tins.

on 1/8/2016 1:15:00 PM

i went into lush and just quickly tried a sample of this really red lip tint on my hand and then i bought something else and left, but then it wouldn't come off! i could still see it on my hand all day even when i'd washed them. the bright but deep red was a really pretty colour and i was excited that it had such a high pigment and staying power while still being a lip balm, because i've tried some of lush's regular non tinted lip balms and they were amazingly moisturising (r.i.p. whipstick i have no idea what i'm going to do without you). so i went back a few weeks later and tried to find it. it turned out the one i'd tried was a seasonal/temporary product, which i think was called 'santa baby' or something like that, so i bought this instead in kind of a hurry, hoping it would be similar and i was so disappointed.

first: the pigment in this in minimal, which is more what i was expecting when i tried the first one to be honest as it's only really a tinted lip balm. but the main problem with it is that it absolutely stinks to like 'oh my god what is that smell' levels, i don't even know what combination of natural ingredients you could put together to produce that. it's indescribably bad to me, even if it was otherwise good i definitely could not wear this. (i guess maybe this is partly on me because i didn't think to sniff the tube of lip balm before i bought it but learn from my mistakes YOU NEED TO SNIFF THIS BEFORE YOU BUY IT.) the name is funny to me because i honestly think if i kissed someone wearing this i think the smell (ugh and the taste!!) would be enough to actually ruin the experience for me entirely.

second: the texture of this is so weird for a lip balm. it's dry? and kind of hard. and it doesn't spread on your lips well, i didn't wear it for very long because of the smell but i cannot imagine that it's very moisturising. (edit: the one i bought came in a tube, so lush may have recently switched up the packaging/recipe, and the tube totally said it was moisturising and it was billed as a lip balm with colour, rather than as just a tint.)

third: the colour is way more pink than it looks when it's in the tube, which if i had known i also would not have bought it because my lips are more red than pink, so yeah also be aware of that.

tldr: this smells awful and is dry and gross it's the worst lush product i've tried since that cheap bath bomb that gave me bacterial vaginosis.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My first Lush lip tint. I also bought Latte & Whipstix. I am so into Lush! This lip tint is awesome! I apply it with my sephora retractable lip brush because I don't want to stain my finger or get product under my fake nails but the scent of this is so awesome. It's like Xmas wassail punch orange/cinnamon w a hint of chocolate & it does burn my lips (in a weird addictive way that makes me want to apply more!). The color is beautiful it's a sheer red that can be built up into a lip color or done au naturel. Not sure if some guys will dig this coz of the color. This is a lip TINT not balm so it's dryer in texture & terms of moisturizing ur lips. I was under impression it was a balm when I bought it but that's okay it's not drying per se but it's just not super emollient but that gives the color its longevity & avoiding stickiness. I can eat/drink/smoke & the color is undisturbed which I love. The precise reason I dislike a lot of lipsticks is coz they migrate or get on my straw/filter. I do wish this was in a stick form but I understand Lush's eco friendly attitude. This set me back USD$7.25 which the pan is deceptively small & Lush doesn't use preservatives so u will wanna use it up. I've got a hoarding mentality I have to be careful w/ at Lush coz if i amass too many products they will go to waste.

This is a versatile solid lip and cheek stain which smells like Christmas - cinnamon stick and cocoa. It stains my lips and cheeks into a nice healthy flush - coral with warm red undertones so it's not orangey looking.

The tin is small and convenient but I find that the screw top is a little tricky to unscrew due to the short depth of the container.

Overall I really like this product! It's good for lazy days or when you're in a rush. Just dab the lips and cheeks, and you're ready to go!

on 5/5/2015 11:26:00 AM

This is a lovely tinted balm that gives a good level of coverage. The colour is a warm red and is gorgeous. However I was disappointed to find that it contained a paraben. I am usually vigilant about checking for synthetic ingredients but as it was a Lush product I presumed that it would be paraben free. I have since found out Lush use a low level of parabens in some products for safety reasons however they are otherwise all natural. I really like the colour but as I have other tinted balms made without parabens I probably won't repurchase this. It has a mild sweet taste which whilst inoffensive seemed to irritate my throat (however I have allergies so it may not do this to other less allergy prone people). I switched to using it on my cheeks and carry it around for touching up my blush throughout the day which works nicely. It also contains icing sugar which although minimal please be aware if you have to avoid sugar. I have plenty of other balms that use natural sweeteners so I prefer them as I do not eat sugar for medical reasons. I really wanted to like this and I do love the colour. It is nice but due to the ingredients I most likely won't buy it again.

I am onto my second tub of this product. It smells delicious, like white chocolate and cinnamon (the apple is not particularly prominent) and the colour is a sheer red, which can be built up to be an opaque red. The scent is very strong and has great lasting power, as does the colour. It applies easily and hydrates the lips as well as colouring them. However, this product's one downfall is that it needs to be applied with a finger as it comes in a pot rather than a tube and as such, it stains my finger red. That is the only reason I deducted a lippy as you'll need to wash your hands after reapplying this in public.

I tried to wear this a few times, as I do like the warm coral/pinkish-red hue and it's highly pigmented to boot, but the SMELL. Dear God, the SMELL. It is the most strongly scented lip product I've ever owned; one application, and people in the car with me start complaining. (Not to mention, I can't keep it on for more than 5 minutes because my head aches from the fragrance.)

It's supposed to smell like apples and cinnamon, which would be pleasant if it weren't so nuclear. In addition, the product has a very dry, hard, gritty texture that's difficult to work with.
Bottom line, there are many better options for tinted balms out there, from cheap to expensive.