E.L.F. Zit Zapper

E.L.F. Zit Zapper

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Salicylic Acid 1% OTHER INGREDIENTS: Water, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) Distillate, Alcohol, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) Bark Oil

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If you take into account the ingredients, it might have been a good and affordable product. But it smells really bad and the packaging is unhygienic as you have to roll it again and again over zits - gross. I tried to ignore that strong smell just to see if it works. Nothing impressive so it's not worth it. It definitely doesn't make zits shrink overnight.

I have very sensitive skin so I was hesitant to try this product. I tested a bit on my wrist to make sure it didn't cause any reaction, when I knew it would be okay I tried it on a huge, red, painful pimple. (The smell is kind of strong though, strangely reminiscent of lime salt. )Overnight the redness was gone. By the third day, there was no sign of it. I've been using this product for a few weeks now and my skin has never looked so clear! I do recommend using it 3 times a day as directed, after washing your face. Mind you, I use neutregena grapefruit in the morning to wash my face and then just gentle rinses with water for the next cleaning.I think using the grapefruit scrub in combination with this acne treatment is like a double kill.

To Read all 159 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

It's not a total miracle product, but it definitely comes close. When I have a breakout starting up, using this definitely lessens the severity and duration. I embarrassingly will admit that most makeout sessions can cause me to break out in a dozen little zits on my nose. As soon as I get home, I wash my face and use this product. I also will actually sleep with it under my pillow and apply it a few times throughout the night. If I do this, I never develop a breakout. The few times I didn't use it, I woke up with a zit-covered nose. Other products I've used to fight acne leave my skin dry, flakey, and irritated... but not this.

The smell didn't bother me, but it might bug others. Feels nice and menthol-y cool going on.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I buy this again and again. Fights acne and I can feel it working. I only use it on insane breakouts and on my back. Works very well and you cant beat the price

The product isn't very effective but didn't cause any further breakouts. It says to apply one to three times daily, which wasn't what I look for in products like these. I expect fast and almost instant results. For me it didn't work but for $2.00 it's worth giving a shot.

on 4/29/2015 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I had my doubts but I've used it twice now after washing my face before bed on pimples I can see or feel coming and the next morning the pimple doesn't even look like it existed. It's crazy awesome. I HATE the roller ball. I thought it was pretty gross but no problems yet so I will buy again.

on 4/9/2015 7:42:00 PM

Its amazing, and cheap! I notice difference secounds after i have applied it. I have such a problem with big pores, witch is a struggle when i'm using foundation! But by using this product under my primer i can see so much difference. - for the roller because of hygenic reasons though!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Thought I would give this product a shot after experiencing a bad breakout. Unfortunately for me, it didn't live up to its rave reviews.

I suffered from severe acne before taking Accutane two years ago. My skin is super sensitive, so I am extremely careful about what I apply to my face. I don't usually get pimples anymore, but out of nowhere I got about 7 - total nightmare.

ELF's Zit Zapper contains witch hazel, tea tree oil, and other good stuff, so I figured it couldn't do any harm. Unfortunately, it didn't do any good either. I think I would have been better off doing nothing.

Additionally, I wasn't a fan of the packaging; the roller ball applicator is unhygienic. You roll the product over one pimple and then the same applicator is used again and again without being cleaned or anything. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i am a sucker for roller balls and i love this it works i use with my origins zip zaper and workes well

This product is amazing! I bought it at Target for only $1. It has salicylic acid, tea tree oil, and witch hazel, which are all great ingredients to treating pimples. I apply it during the morning and night, and noticed really good improvement. You have to apply generously for it to work well, and the packaging is convenient and durable. It comes in a roller-ball form so you can just roll it on. I say for its price, this product it definitely worth it. :)