E.L.F. Zit Zapper

Zit Zapper

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Salicylic Acid 1% OTHER INGREDIENTS: Water, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) Distillate, Alcohol, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) Bark Oil

I have 2 of these now they actually have two
an original and one enriched with Aloe

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this last year (not sure if the formula has changed since then). I have 1-2 pimples pop up about once a month (usually on my chin-thanks period!) but sometimes around my nose when I have allergies, due to all of the tissue-wiping. Anyway, this did nothing to help. It really was if I hadn't applied anything.
I have much better luck with the Neutrogena spot treatments or the Mario Badescu drying lotion.
I love most of elf products, just not this one.

*BTW: for the past few months, I've been washing my face with Cetaphil Gentle and then following up with witch hazel on a cotton pad to help remove the rest of my makeup and I've had much fewer breakouts. I haven't had to use a spot treatment in quite awhile. In case anyone would like to give that a go.

on 3/9/2017 11:16:00 AM

They changed the formula for this from when I last tried it years ago. The old formula did absolutely nothing for me. I decided to try again because it said it was 'improved' and needed another $2 product for free shipping. I'm so glad I did. It goes on so smoothly, lightly and clear, unlike most acne treatments that are so thick and can ball under makeup or leave white residue. It does have a strong smell, like Vicks Vaporub but it goes away upon drying. This will stop a pimple from happening if you catch it early enough, and a more mature one in about 2-3 days. I accidentally slept in my makeup and ended up with a huge zit, with the redness being about times bigger than the bump. I used this and it took away most of the redness in a few hours, now it's on its way to recovery. I find this works better than acne treatments that cost 6 times as much and claim to reduce pimples in four hours (they don't). You also seem to get more product for your money and I like that it's a roller ball (not sure how hygienic it is, but it should kill bacteria, right?) so you just roll on what you need instead of a tube that may accidentally squeeze too much product and more difficult to get out when you're running low. .

on 2/20/2017 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is now called Acne Fighting Spot gel with aloe - which explains why i couldnt find this review!

I bought this just to try as a cyst spot treatment- i would not recommend rolling this all over your face as a whole face treatment; i dont believe thats what this product is for. Its a spot treatment, not a salisylic acid lotion treatment. There are products/washes out there like that, this is not it. This is for spots only. Applying this to large areas might be a bit drying and harsh for your skin, as well as super unsanitary- the rollerball would only transfer your acne sebum around your face, you dont want that.

Using it as a spot treatment, for a few hours - i can say it works ok and has dried out the area well (which is what you want so scabbing can commence and allow it to dry up and heal). I will keep using and update, but im happy with it for the $$$.

I do not recommend using the rollerball. Like a different reviewer mentioned, I used a needle nose pliers to carefully but easily pop the top off (it just snaps on) and then just poked/pushed out the rollerball from inside the removed top. It popped out easily and then i snapped the lid sans-roller back on. I just apply it with a clean Q-tip instead, dipped in the top. The smell is strong but fades immediately. Most acne meds have a chemical smell. The smell isnt the witch hazel, liquid witch hazel doesnt have a strong smell (you can buy it in store as a skin astringent).

I want to like this product. Unfortunately, any breakouts I've tried it on just say "meh," then go about their business. :(

on 12/20/2016 12:33:00 PM

I'm 47, and rarely get pimples, but when I do, this little Elf Zit Zapper does the job! I don't use anything like washes, cleansers, creams etc that contain alcohol of any kind, but when I get a zit, using this just as a quick spot treatment works in one day, and isn't overpowering or overly drying. For $2 its a must have for me, I always have at least 3 on hand. They are available at any Walmart, Target or CVS.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If you take into account the ingredients, it might have been a good and affordable product. But it smells really bad and the packaging is unhygienic as you have to roll it again and again over zits - gross. I tried to ignore that strong smell just to see if it works. Nothing impressive so it's not worth it. It definitely doesn't make zits shrink overnight.

I have very sensitive skin so I was hesitant to try this product. I tested a bit on my wrist to make sure it didn't cause any reaction, when I knew it would be okay I tried it on a huge, red, painful pimple. (The smell is kind of strong though, strangely reminiscent of lime salt. )Overnight the redness was gone. By the third day, there was no sign of it. I've been using this product for a few weeks now and my skin has never looked so clear! I do recommend using it 3 times a day as directed, after washing your face. Mind you, I use neutregena grapefruit in the morning to wash my face and then just gentle rinses with water for the next cleaning.I think using the grapefruit scrub in combination with this acne treatment is like a double kill.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

It's not a total miracle product, but it definitely comes close. When I have a breakout starting up, using this definitely lessens the severity and duration. I embarrassingly will admit that most makeout sessions can cause me to break out in a dozen little zits on my nose. As soon as I get home, I wash my face and use this product. I also will actually sleep with it under my pillow and apply it a few times throughout the night. If I do this, I never develop a breakout. The few times I didn't use it, I woke up with a zit-covered nose. Other products I've used to fight acne leave my skin dry, flakey, and irritated... but not this.

The smell didn't bother me, but it might bug others. Feels nice and menthol-y cool going on.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I buy this again and again. Fights acne and I can feel it working. I only use it on insane breakouts and on my back. Works very well and you cant beat the price