Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl

Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl
Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent PearlMineral Glow Pearls - Translucent PearlMineral Glow Pearls - Translucent PearlMineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not a super-shiny highlighter, it's much more subtle. It maybe be because I'm super pale, but it hardly shows up on my cheekbones. I like that outrageous, "instagram" highlight, so I don't care for this on the face. However, it is one of my favorite eyeshadows in my collection. It's perfect for the inner corners or as a lid color. And considering it's a huge pan (in eyeshadow terms), I don't see myself running out anytime soon.
If you like a softening, subtle sheen, you will probably like this. I personally wouldn't repurchase, but since I use it so much as an eyeshadow, I did say I would.
Highlighter: C+
Eyeshadow: A

on 10/11/2016 3:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Oh, how I love this powder!
First of all, I should clarify that I do indeed use this highlighter as my setting powder, rather than an actual highlighter. I'm quite pale, so it works as my powder. I set my foundation or tinted moisturizer, and concealer with this powder.

As other reviewers have relayed, once you get past the initial "over spray" of glitter (which I thought was actually pretty for highlighting!), you reach the heart of the powder. There is a mixture of porcelain and ivory tones, all of which seem quite neutral, and just a bit of luminous glow. This shimmer is very subtle, at least on my ghostly 43-year-old complexion, and is very flattering in all lighting situations I have encountered.

I made sure to examine my results particularly in bright sunlight, because I don't want the glittery-Cullen-vampiric sparkle-effect.

This powder imparts a healthy luminosity, which simply looks like a hydrated vitality, both youthful and refreshing. (Even my husband complimented my look, which he doesn't often remark on my makeup. My adult stepdaughters both told me that I look so much younger than their mother - I told them we will keep that as our little secret, so as not to hurt their mother's feelings.) After application, I set with the Nyx Dewy Finish setting spray, and my faux vibrancy looks radiant until I wash my makeup off at bedtime.

To Read all 79 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/11/2016 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Most drugstore highlighters are terrible, but this one is a hidden gem. This is a creamy, bendable, build-able powder that can go from a subtle daytime healthy glow, to Friday night disco ball impersonation with a heavy application. I also like that physicians formula products in general are a bit more high end than other drugstore products, and use better ingredients and formulas. I used their regular powder for many years when I was a breakout prone teenager and it helped manage my skin issues. Wear this on a night out the first time you use this. A layer of extra shimmery powder is sprayed over the top layer of the pan to make it look more appealing in the store. Make use of it at a bar or club. The layer below is more well behaved.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

This highlighter is fantastic. After swatching NARS' Albatross and the Hourglass Ambient Powders, I wouldn't exchange this for either of them. The Mineral Glow Pearls is everything I want in a highlighter: finely milled, no obvious chunks of glitter, something I can build up but doesn't migrate everywhere.

I can apply it gently with a fan brush to go for a daytime glow, and intensify for a strobing look by patting it on with my fingers. For a nighttime look, I also like to pat it on top of Mac Strobe.

I love mid- and high-end brands just like most other girls, but when you go out what matters is how the products sit on your face. This could cost three times as much and I'd still buy it!

on 2/19/2016 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this as I was looking for something non sparkly to highlight the tops of my cheekbones where I'm fading melasma (which can look a bit dull) and brighten my face as I am chronically fatigued more often than not. I took heed of the other reviews noting that the top layer of this powder was coated with sparkles galore. I swept them off with a giant kabuki until they were mostly gone and then applied with a clean brush. While there is zero colour payoff (which is what I wanted), I did get a subtle slightly shimmery (but not glittery) glow. It looks very natural over concealer/pressed powder or foundation, and does not seem to sink into my baby wrinkles or pores. It has not irritated my skin thankfully and no breakouts thus far either.

I have hit or miss with Physicians Formula powders as many of them contain Boron Nitride, which causes a lot of itchy irritation on my skin. This one hasn't got Boron Nitride. I mostly use this as a highlighter, though I have used it on bare skin all over, and it does create a subtle glow that way too. It also works as an eye brightner on those days I only wear a bit of liner and mascara.

The packaging is typical Physicians Formula - bulky, awkward, and contains the typical scratchy brush that never goes near my face, but works great for dusting cat hair out of my computer's fan. I paid about 20 bucks Cdn, but I know it's a lot of product for the price. I don't really see myself hitting pan any time soon. It's the first highlighting product I've tried, and I chose this one based on it's lack of irritating (to me) ingredients. If you want a very subtle natural effect, I would recommend this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'd been on the hunt for a new drugstore highlighter since the one I was using before turned out to be a complete dud. I like a more subtle highlight and I'm kind of clumsy with liquid highlighters, so I wanted something in a powder or stick form. This was what I decided to try.

The packaging is pretty at first, when the pearls are all pristine, but then it just ends up looking like a bronzer or a blush after a while. The case itself comes with the pearls, a mirror and a little compartment that holds the brush. The brush isn't great; for application, I'd recommend using some kind of legit powder brush.

As for the highlighter itself, I really love it! It gives a soft, glowy shimmer that isn't too sparkly but gives just enough definition to my cheekbones to make a difference. The shade blends seamlessly into my pale skin. The staying power is good, even in the humid climate where I live.

My only qualm about this product would be the price, as it is on the more expensive end of drugstore products, but the highlighter is long-lasting and I don't feel like I'm going to run out of it anytime soon, so I think it's worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I threw it out. Does not show up and I'm a tan girl. Theres a new loreal powder one thats way better. This had no pigment payoff

I returned my Becca highlighter because I felt like it was not worth the money and I could find something better at the drugstore. So I tried this one instead. This did not replace it. It's bad. I bought it because of the packaging, which is my first sin here. It does not show up on my face at all, and I'm somewhat fair. Stay away, y'all.

Since my last birthday, I've had to change a great deal of my makeup routine. Aging skin will force you out of your comfort zone, I have found. So, as I've been revamping things the last few months, I looked into utilizing a new pressed powder that wouldn't accentuate lines and wrinkles around my eyes. My eyes are one of my best features, and though I like to draw attention to them, I want it to be positive attention!

Enter this product, which I spotted at my local Walgreen's. I knew I didn't want to get back into a "flesh-tone" product, but needed something lightweight, sheer and still able to set my makeup nicely. I purchased this on a whim because it was translucent (no color) and it looked as though it would 'soften' the few lines I do have. It was a blind buy-and one of the best I've ever made.

I've used PF products in the past (I am a die-hard user of their concealers, as they are one of the few brands that don't break me out in my already sensitive red areas) but never a powder. The quality of the product is excellent-a finely milled pressed powder that is fragrance-free and has little fallout when applied with a good quality powder brush. (The reason this product didn't get 5 lippies from me is because of the ridiculous brush included in the packet-poor quality and nowhere near what I needed for the type of application I was going for). The shimmer on the top layer of the powder is VERY frosty, but as you go deeper into the compact you will find it becomes more subtle and less shiny on your face.

I don't use this solely as a highlighter, but also as a setting powder atop my foundation. When I don't use it, I always get asked, "Are you feeling tired today?" That should tell you the effect this product imparts to the face: it brightens, scatters the light in a very flattering way over the bone structure of the face and also helps to tone down uneven areas. When using as a highlighter I target it in and use a smaller, more precise brush. However, I don't really highlight much, because the over-all effect of this is a wonderful enhancement to my makeup. It's my face, just better.

I would recommend this to older women who might have a few oily spots on their face which give them problems, but this probably wouldn't work well for a person with very oily skin-it wouldn't mattify the way you'd want it to, as it does have a sheen and glimmer to it.

All in all, I'm so happy with this I added it to my Subscribe and Save on Amazon where I can get this for just over $8 plus taxes (which is less than my local Rx can sell it for). I am going on four months with this compact and am going to have to order one next month. I use it daily, so to me that's a darn good deal.

on 12/15/2015 3:32:00 PM

This is very subtle IMO. To be honest the first time I used it I didn't notice it at all on my face (I was sure to wipe of the shimmery top layer first). However, when I got to work that day a friend/co-worker asked me right away what I did differently with my make-up...she swore I looked younger, fresher and more polished. I told her to shut up and stop staring at me. Ha. So...although I don't find highlighters an absolute necessity in the first place-as a pale girl-this may be worth the extra effort. It is not chalky as I usually find PF powders to be...not drying...not obvious-on me at least....and not tacky/sparkly. A keeper?