Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl

Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl
Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent PearlMineral Glow Pearls - Translucent PearlMineral Glow Pearls - Translucent PearlMineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love PF their stuff is like high end at the drugstore a lot of the time. It’s expensive but theres a demand for high quality powders that aren’t $40 or have to go to Sephora. I got this in LE packaging called plain “Pearl.” It’s pink not beige I prefer my highlighters to be Ivory or yellow not pink this is a nice change for me & I like it. It is a high quality product. #winning

on 9/21/2017 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When it comes to make up I am very very picky even though I don't wear a lot of make up. I don't get paid for my reviews so my reviews will be as honest as possible. I'm am doing this because I have watched so many YouTube beauty channels with reviews about products that people rave but really, it does not work for me. It could be personal preference too. So this product was considered a holy grail by many... My personal opinion is that although affordable, still too powdery and not milled finely enough.. Sorry, but it does not make the cut.

I bought two pans of this a couple of years ago and loved it!! I also used the Bronze Pearls and used that in the spring and summer to give a subtle bronze glow. They were so good!! So of course when I was back to highlighting, I went to buy this again aaaannnnnnnddddd I think they changed the formulation. It does not give off the sheen it used to and it seems harder to pick up color. I'm so sad!! I loved this and now I'm not impressed anymore. I haven't yet bought the Bronze one again to see if I still like that one but sigh. Need to find a new highlighter or just use an eye shadow. I haven't decided yet.

This is a gorgeous, subtle highlighter and I have no regrets buying it. I already have the Mineral Glow Pearls in Beige, so I knew to take a tissue and dust off the glittery overspray. It says on the package "For All Skin Tones" and this is definitely true - it's not silver or white like some highlighters, just a subtle sheen, a dewy glow. I put on all my makeup and then as a last step, lightly go over my entire face with this using a kabuki brush, then I use a very dense powder foundation brush to go over the tops of my cheeks. I take my finger and dab some product on my inner eye corners, Cupid's bow, and brow bone. Makes you look all healthy and glowy like you just have naturally moist dewy skin. I love it! Now I'm curious about the Ambient Lighting Powders as highlighters since the Glow Pearls works so well, but the Ambient is like $46. I can't imagine spending that much on highlighter.

It's a little bit pricey, but I think it is well worth it. It lasts for quite a while and it gives off a natural glow. I have the pinkish shade for all skin tones. The bronzier shade would've been too dark on my fair skin. The product is very buildable. If you want a more dramatic highlight, you can layer without it getting cakey. Glad I bought this!

on 3/7/2017 9:55:00 PM

This was absolutely beautiful. For about 3 uses. After I wore off the top layer it barely made a difference. And when I look at my face closely , this leaves little specks of glitter. I was really excited about this highlighter. It's also pretty expensive for drugstore. There's plenty of other less expensive drug store highlighters that work better than this one

on 10/11/2016 3:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Oh, how I love this powder!
First of all, I should clarify that I do indeed use this highlighter as my setting powder, rather than an actual highlighter. I'm quite pale, so it works as my powder. I set my foundation or tinted moisturizer, and concealer with this powder.

As other reviewers have relayed, once you get past the initial "over spray" of glitter (which I thought was actually pretty for highlighting!), you reach the heart of the powder. There is a mixture of porcelain and ivory tones, all of which seem quite neutral, and just a bit of luminous glow. This shimmer is very subtle, at least on my ghostly 43-year-old complexion, and is very flattering in all lighting situations I have encountered.

I made sure to examine my results particularly in bright sunlight, because I don't want the glittery-Cullen-vampiric sparkle-effect.

This powder imparts a healthy luminosity, which simply looks like a hydrated vitality, both youthful and refreshing. (Even my husband complimented my look, which he doesn't often remark on my makeup. My adult stepdaughters both told me that I look so much younger than their mother - I told them we will keep that as our little secret, so as not to hurt their mother's feelings.) After application, I set with the Nyx Dewy Finish setting spray, and my faux vibrancy looks radiant until I wash my makeup off at bedtime.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a pretty but subtle highlighter. I was annoyed once I realized the shimmery part was only over spray and not how the entire powder looked but I came to appreciate it anyway. Weird bulky packaging and useless brush. I wish they would charge a bit less and just go for a simple compact with no brush or mirror. To me this is kind of too pricey for a drug store item, I'd rather just pay a few bucks more and get something high end but I purchased this at Walmart which always has the lowest price on drug store makeup aside from when they have promotional coupons or sales. So I'd say get it at Walmart or wait until you have a coupon or a sale comes up at your drug store.

on 6/11/2016 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just bought second compact today, and I really do think this is a nice illuminator. Once you get past the overspray layer (which I love, even though it's definitely too much) this is a very nice illuminating face powder that doubles as a highlighter if you can commit to really layering it on. Performance really depends on the foundation underneath; It's a little much over my BareMinerals Complexion Rescue foundation, but really livens up my neutrogena healthy skin anti-aging perfector, which has a very matte and slightly dull finish. In general I LOVE physicians formula products and would purchase so much more of their products if the packaging wasn't so bulky and awful. I understand and reject the thought process of their marketing team. Yes, i know your tiny, strange line with vey little marketing needs to stand out in the makeup aisle. No, you don't need a hidden mirror and shitty brush in an oversized plastic dome topped package. This is NOT an on-the-go design and the cover-girl market is not yours. Slim out the package and release a nice full brush set, travel brush set, and refillable branded compact with a mirror in the top. Ditch the plastic and commit to the organic/green/healthy angle. Package in biodegradable, colorful cardboard compacts, that the customer can pop out the pan and put in their branded refillable powder compacts. God. :/

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not a super-shiny highlighter, it's much more subtle. It maybe be because I'm super pale, but it hardly shows up on my cheekbones. I like that outrageous, "instagram" highlight, so I don't care for this on the face. However, it is one of my favorite eyeshadows in my collection. It's perfect for the inner corners or as a lid color. And considering it's a huge pan (in eyeshadow terms), I don't see myself running out anytime soon.
If you like a softening, subtle sheen, you will probably like this. I personally wouldn't repurchase, but since I use it so much as an eyeshadow, I did say I would.
Highlighter: C+