Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl

Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl
Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent PearlMineral Glow Pearls - Translucent PearlMineral Glow Pearls - Translucent PearlMineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl

3.8

This highlighter is pretty, but it doesn’t give a blinding highlight by any means. It’s nice for a subtle glow without glitter. It blends easily onto the skin without being patchy. If you want a WOW highlight, though, I would try something else.

on 3/9/2018 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This has become my favourite powder highlighter. It's subtle in that there's no obvious glitter and doesn't look metallic on the skin. It leaves a dewy glow that doesn't look juvenile even under the magnifying mirror. I love the colour, it's not too ashy nor weirdly golden, it does brighten slightly. It doesn't draw attention to pores. I can use it on my cheekbones, cupid's bow, nose bridge, and eyes and not get a single comment about having a run-in with a crafts table.

That being said, I do recommend taking off the overspray right away. It's a glittery horrorshow. At least it's a good use for the terrible stiff brush it comes with. Do remember to wipe away any stray glitter with a kleenex after scraping it off with the brush. At the price point it doesn't feel like a waste taking all that off. You really don't lose much product scraping the overspray. After over 8 months of regular use there's still no sign of wear on the pearl imprints.

I also dislike how PF uses so much plastic in their product line. It's absurd how big this thing is for one pan of highlighter. They really need to ditch the brush and gaudy packaging. No matter how decent their products are, I just hate how much space their compacts take up in my makeup bag. It's for that reason that I'm still looking for another subtle highlighter that I can throw on without worrying about shimmering like a Twilight vampire.

on 1/2/2018 1:33:00 AM

Before anything, go in with a kleenex or a brush and wipe off that overspray ( unless you're into it of course).
This isn't a high impact highlighter but its gorgeous for day to day to give a healthy glow on the high points of the face. I'll take a small fluffy face brush and swipe it on my cheekbones, bridge of my nose and cupids bow. It gives just enough to appear slightly dewey and it helps me look less dry and tired.
If you can find it when its on sale, even better. It feels no different than some $40 highlighters that give the same effect.

I love PF their stuff is like high end at the drugstore a lot of the time. It’s expensive but theres a demand for high quality powders that aren’t $40 or have to go to Sephora. I got this in LE packaging called plain “Pearl.” It’s pink not beige I prefer my highlighters to be Ivory or yellow not pink this is a nice change for me & I like it. It is a high quality product. #winning

on 9/21/2017 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When it comes to make up I am very very picky even though I don't wear a lot of make up. I don't get paid for my reviews so my reviews will be as honest as possible. I'm am doing this because I have watched so many YouTube beauty channels with reviews about products that people rave but really, it does not work for me. It could be personal preference too. So this product was considered a holy grail by many... My personal opinion is that although affordable, still too powdery and not milled finely enough.. Sorry, but it does not make the cut.

on 3/7/2017 9:55:00 PM

This was absolutely beautiful. For about 3 uses. After I wore off the top layer it barely made a difference. And when I look at my face closely , this leaves little specks of glitter. I was really excited about this highlighter. It's also pretty expensive for drugstore. There's plenty of other less expensive drug store highlighters that work better than this one

I bought two pans of this a couple of years ago and loved it!! I also used the Bronze Pearls and used that in the spring and summer to give a subtle bronze glow. They were so good!! So of course when I was back to highlighting, I went to buy this again aaaannnnnnnddddd I think they changed the formulation. It does not give off the sheen it used to and it seems harder to pick up color. I'm so sad!! I loved this and now I'm not impressed anymore. I haven't yet bought the Bronze one again to see if I still like that one but sigh. Need to find a new highlighter or just use an eye shadow. I haven't decided yet.

It's a little bit pricey, but I think it is well worth it. It lasts for quite a while and it gives off a natural glow. I have the pinkish shade for all skin tones. The bronzier shade would've been too dark on my fair skin. The product is very buildable. If you want a more dramatic highlight, you can layer without it getting cakey. Glad I bought this!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a pretty but subtle highlighter. I was annoyed once I realized the shimmery part was only over spray and not how the entire powder looked but I came to appreciate it anyway. Weird bulky packaging and useless brush. I wish they would charge a bit less and just go for a simple compact with no brush or mirror. To me this is kind of too pricey for a drug store item, I'd rather just pay a few bucks more and get something high end but I purchased this at Walmart which always has the lowest price on drug store makeup aside from when they have promotional coupons or sales. So I'd say get it at Walmart or wait until you have a coupon or a sale comes up at your drug store.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not a super-shiny highlighter, it's much more subtle. It maybe be because I'm super pale, but it hardly shows up on my cheekbones. I like that outrageous, "instagram" highlight, so I don't care for this on the face. However, it is one of my favorite eyeshadows in my collection. It's perfect for the inner corners or as a lid color. And considering it's a huge pan (in eyeshadow terms), I don't see myself running out anytime soon.
If you like a softening, subtle sheen, you will probably like this. I personally wouldn't repurchase, but since I use it so much as an eyeshadow, I did say I would.
Highlighter: C+