Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl

Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl
Mineral Glow Pearls - Translucent PearlMineral Glow Pearls - Translucent PearlMineral Glow Pearls - Translucent PearlMineral Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl

3.8

on 3/7/2017 9:55:00 PM

This was absolutely beautiful. For about 3 uses. After I wore off the top layer it barely made a difference. And when I look at my face closely , this leaves little specks of glitter. I was really excited about this highlighter. It's also pretty expensive for drugstore. There's plenty of other less expensive drug store highlighters that work better than this one

I bought two pans of this a couple of years ago and loved it!! I also used the Bronze Pearls and used that in the spring and summer to give a subtle bronze glow. They were so good!! So of course when I was back to highlighting, I went to buy this again aaaannnnnnnddddd I think they changed the formulation. It does not give off the sheen it used to and it seems harder to pick up color. I'm so sad!! I loved this and now I'm not impressed anymore. I haven't yet bought the Bronze one again to see if I still like that one but sigh. Need to find a new highlighter or just use an eye shadow. I haven't decided yet.

It's a little bit pricey, but I think it is well worth it. It lasts for quite a while and it gives off a natural glow. I have the pinkish shade for all skin tones. The bronzier shade would've been too dark on my fair skin. The product is very buildable. If you want a more dramatic highlight, you can layer without it getting cakey. Glad I bought this!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a pretty but subtle highlighter. I was annoyed once I realized the shimmery part was only over spray and not how the entire powder looked but I came to appreciate it anyway. Weird bulky packaging and useless brush. I wish they would charge a bit less and just go for a simple compact with no brush or mirror. To me this is kind of too pricey for a drug store item, I'd rather just pay a few bucks more and get something high end but I purchased this at Walmart which always has the lowest price on drug store makeup aside from when they have promotional coupons or sales. So I'd say get it at Walmart or wait until you have a coupon or a sale comes up at your drug store.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not a super-shiny highlighter, it's much more subtle. It maybe be because I'm super pale, but it hardly shows up on my cheekbones. I like that outrageous, "instagram" highlight, so I don't care for this on the face. However, it is one of my favorite eyeshadows in my collection. It's perfect for the inner corners or as a lid color. And considering it's a huge pan (in eyeshadow terms), I don't see myself running out anytime soon.
If you like a softening, subtle sheen, you will probably like this. I personally wouldn't repurchase, but since I use it so much as an eyeshadow, I did say I would.
Highlighter: C+
Eyeshadow: A

on 10/11/2016 3:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Oh, how I love this powder!
First of all, I should clarify that I do indeed use this highlighter as my setting powder, rather than an actual highlighter. I'm quite pale, so it works as my powder. I set my foundation or tinted moisturizer, and concealer with this powder.

As other reviewers have relayed, once you get past the initial "over spray" of glitter (which I thought was actually pretty for highlighting!), you reach the heart of the powder. There is a mixture of porcelain and ivory tones, all of which seem quite neutral, and just a bit of luminous glow. This shimmer is very subtle, at least on my ghostly 43-year-old complexion, and is very flattering in all lighting situations I have encountered.

I made sure to examine my results particularly in bright sunlight, because I don't want the glittery-Cullen-vampiric sparkle-effect.

This powder imparts a healthy luminosity, which simply looks like a hydrated vitality, both youthful and refreshing. (Even my husband complimented my look, which he doesn't often remark on my makeup. My adult stepdaughters both told me that I look so much younger than their mother - I told them we will keep that as our little secret, so as not to hurt their mother's feelings.) After application, I set with the Nyx Dewy Finish setting spray, and my faux vibrancy looks radiant until I wash my makeup off at bedtime.

on 6/11/2016 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just bought second compact today, and I really do think this is a nice illuminator. Once you get past the overspray layer (which I love, even though it's definitely too much) this is a very nice illuminating face powder that doubles as a highlighter if you can commit to really layering it on. Performance really depends on the foundation underneath; It's a little much over my BareMinerals Complexion Rescue foundation, but really livens up my neutrogena healthy skin anti-aging perfector, which has a very matte and slightly dull finish. In general I LOVE physicians formula products and would purchase so much more of their products if the packaging wasn't so bulky and awful. I understand and reject the thought process of their marketing team. Yes, i know your tiny, strange line with vey little marketing needs to stand out in the makeup aisle. No, you don't need a hidden mirror and shitty brush in an oversized plastic dome topped package. This is NOT an on-the-go design and the cover-girl market is not yours. Slim out the package and release a nice full brush set, travel brush set, and refillable branded compact with a mirror in the top. Ditch the plastic and commit to the organic/green/healthy angle. Package in biodegradable, colorful cardboard compacts, that the customer can pop out the pan and put in their branded refillable powder compacts. God. :/

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

This highlighter is fantastic. After swatching NARS' Albatross and the Hourglass Ambient Powders, I wouldn't exchange this for either of them. The Mineral Glow Pearls is everything I want in a highlighter: finely milled, no obvious chunks of glitter, something I can build up but doesn't migrate everywhere.

I can apply it gently with a fan brush to go for a daytime glow, and intensify for a strobing look by patting it on with my fingers. For a nighttime look, I also like to pat it on top of Mac Strobe.

I love mid- and high-end brands just like most other girls, but when you go out what matters is how the products sit on your face. This could cost three times as much and I'd still buy it!

on 2/19/2016 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this as I was looking for something non sparkly to highlight the tops of my cheekbones where I'm fading melasma (which can look a bit dull) and brighten my face as I am chronically fatigued more often than not. I took heed of the other reviews noting that the top layer of this powder was coated with sparkles galore. I swept them off with a giant kabuki until they were mostly gone and then applied with a clean brush. While there is zero colour payoff (which is what I wanted), I did get a subtle slightly shimmery (but not glittery) glow. It looks very natural over concealer/pressed powder or foundation, and does not seem to sink into my baby wrinkles or pores. It has not irritated my skin thankfully and no breakouts thus far either.

I have hit or miss with Physicians Formula powders as many of them contain Boron Nitride, which causes a lot of itchy irritation on my skin. This one hasn't got Boron Nitride. I mostly use this as a highlighter, though I have used it on bare skin all over, and it does create a subtle glow that way too. It also works as an eye brightner on those days I only wear a bit of liner and mascara.

The packaging is typical Physicians Formula - bulky, awkward, and contains the typical scratchy brush that never goes near my face, but works great for dusting cat hair out of my computer's fan. I paid about 20 bucks Cdn, but I know it's a lot of product for the price. I don't really see myself hitting pan any time soon. It's the first highlighting product I've tried, and I chose this one based on it's lack of irritating (to me) ingredients. If you want a very subtle natural effect, I would recommend this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'd been on the hunt for a new drugstore highlighter since the one I was using before turned out to be a complete dud. I like a more subtle highlight and I'm kind of clumsy with liquid highlighters, so I wanted something in a powder or stick form. This was what I decided to try.

The packaging is pretty at first, when the pearls are all pristine, but then it just ends up looking like a bronzer or a blush after a while. The case itself comes with the pearls, a mirror and a little compartment that holds the brush. The brush isn't great; for application, I'd recommend using some kind of legit powder brush.

As for the highlighter itself, I really love it! It gives a soft, glowy shimmer that isn't too sparkly but gives just enough definition to my cheekbones to make a difference. The shade blends seamlessly into my pale skin. The staying power is good, even in the humid climate where I live.

My only qualm about this product would be the price, as it is on the more expensive end of drugstore products, but the highlighter is long-lasting and I don't feel like I'm going to run out of it anytime soon, so I think it's worth it.