eos Lavender Jasmine Ultra Moisturizing Shave Cream

eos Lavender Jasmine Ultra Moisturizing Shave Cream
Lavender Jasmine Ultra Moisturizing Shave Cream

3.2

Water (Eau), Mineral Oil (Huile Minerale), Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Glucono Delta Lactone, Sodium Benzoate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Carbomer, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium Edta, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool, Violet 2 (CI60725), Red 40 (CI16035)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't get the negative reviews. At all. I don't think people know how to use it and use way too much.

Tips for a great cream shave: shave after a warm shower, gently exfoliate, one pump is plenty for one leg, massage it in gently, use a good quality razor.

No nicks, no cuts, no irritation, pump works awesome, doesn't clog my razor, doesn't leave residue in the tub.

on 9/7/2016 1:08:00 PM

This product had some fatal flaws that made it not worth continuing to use. I learned that I prefer the easy reliability of a shaving foam.

Pros:
- smells good
- package is plastic so it won't rust in the shower

Cons:
- Packaging: the first pump comes out fine, but then due to the thickness of the product there is a long delay before it pops up and is ready to pump again; because the product is so thick, it takes a lot (multiple pumps) to spread around on a large area like a leg
- Texture: thick and goopy; hard to rinse off legs, razor, shower floor, etc

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this after a youtuber whose reviews I usually have luck with raved about the vanilla scented version of this. My local big box store was sold out of the vanilla one, so I figured I would try this one.

This was a disappointment. It is just heavy. I feel like this dulls my razor. It does not really moisturize so much as it leaves a waxy feeling on your legs, which may make them feel smooth or soft, but I feel actually dries the legs, not moisturizes. The packaging also feels cheap but one nice thing is with it being plastic, you can leave it in your shower and not worry about the dreaded silver-metal ring stain from typical shaving lotion bottles. I also think this did not give me a close shave like with other shaving lotions. The pump on the top of this bottle also feels cheap, like it would break off easily, as this does not distribute product easily (because the product is kind of heavy/thick), and it does not pump easily. I ended up giving this to a friend.

Incidentally I did not learn my lesson, I ended up buying and trying the vanilla one, thinking somehow it might be magically different...It also got donated to a friend.

Those who like this product, great. We are all entitled to our opinions. Glad this works for some!! :)

I'm glad I didn't pay for this, I got it as a gift. It's a thin cream which I don't like. I like shave gels that lather. The pump isn't good either. Once you pump it down, you have to wait forever for it to rise back up to get another full pump. I won't be buying this at all especially for the price.

on 6/13/2014 11:43:00 AM

This is definately a different experience than using a gel or foam shaving cream. I found it works wonderfuly doing a dry shave. Two to three pumps and I rub a thin layer on to my legs. Get a really close shave even with the thin layer and it causes less clogs in my razor. Totally recommend rinsing your razor with very hot water. The pump can be a bit of a pain since I usually have to pull it back up to do the second and third pumps. Love the light scent and how soft my legs are after. Might not be the best if you only intend to use it in the shower. I do my legs dry and underarms in the shower and will be buying again.

on 8/6/2013 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Don't notice much of a difference when using this on my legs vs my regular body wash, and it clogs my razor pretty badly. It doesn't moisturize my legs exceptionally, either, but I do have dry, scaly skin. That being said, I love this for my underarms. I have extremely dark, course hair, and I can never get a close shave, resulting in dark armpits. But using this, I get a really close shave and it's really moisturizing. Keeps my underarms from getting irritated. Smells really nice, and I love the packaging. Will repurchase for that purpose.

on 8/4/2013 9:46:00 PM

pros: moisturizing smells great love the pump/packaging Cons: clogged my razor dulled the blade says you can use it dry, but it doesn't work so well dry unless you use a boatload of it It was fun to try, but I don't think I'd repurchase. Razor blades are just too darn expensive to go through so fast!

on 4/19/2013 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the Vanilla scented one, and wow. I did not realize how much was missing from my shaving routine. Granted, I'm used to shaving with Barbasol, but I've used others as well, like Skintimate, and there is no comparison to me. Pretty much with any product I have used in the past I end up with nicks or razorburn and not that close of a shave. This provides me a deliciously (but not overpowering) scented amazingly close shave without giving me any razor burn. Some people on here are saying that it runs out too quickly, which is true but when something is this good it's a small price to pay. Plus, I have found that when I spread out two squirts per leg it works just as well and lasts longer.

on 7/2/2012 12:46:00 PM

Wow I was disappointed by this. I thought that it would be a thick cream, and it was really kind of thin. Also, this product gave me the worst shave ever. After I would shave my legs would still feel prickly. This also clogs your razor. I would not suggest it.

on 6/11/2012 8:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was really excited to try this product, since other EOS products have been great to me so far.
I love the packaging and the smell of this product, however, I HATE the consistency. In my opinion, it's not even thick enough to use a "shave cream". It's like a thin lotion, and I couldnt use it in the shower without it disappearing as soon as I applied.
I was dissapointed.