Dior DiorSnow White Reveal UV Shield Liquid Foundation SPF30 PA+++

4.8

This is my holy grail foundation as of 2016. I have this in the shade 021 Linen which is an exact match for my light oriental skin tone. I have so much trouble finding a foundation that match my skintone, i have spent hundreds in the past month going hopelessly from counter to counter in the department stores.

This is a medium buildable to full coverage foundation. It's not liquid thin like the Shiseido Synchro Skin or thick like MAC Studio Sculpt. It's in between, very easy to apply and blend. Kinda reminds me of Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in terms of texture. Finish is demi matte with a hint of glow. I would say that it works both for oily and dry skin, my skin is dry but i find it doesn't catch onto my dry spots as much. I use 4 pumps, now before you pounce on me, it actually pumps out a very tiny amount due to it's nozzle pump, so technically i'm really only using 2 pumps. My skin is in awful shape- i have acne, pigmentation, redness, dry and aging skin so i need a generous amount to even out my skintone. I use Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Coverage in Creamy Vanilla to conceal. It will last the whole day if you set it with a powder. I'm currently using MAC Careblend powder in light and Chanel loose powder in 020 to set it but i haven't found my holy grail powder yet.

My skin tone is very tricky, i am a NC 18 in the MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation. There is a HUGE gap between NC 15 and NC 20. NC 15 is too light and NC 20 is too dark. I don't know why MAC isn't aware of this issue and do something about it. I happen to fall in this gap and i can tell that you that not many, if any makeup companies make a light warm toned foundation. I also happen to live in Australia, which is even worse because the brands don't stock all the foundation shades from the line. For example, Estee Lauder sells 1W1 in the Double Wear line but 1W1 is too light and they don't sell 1W2 or 2W1 at all. Instead it jumps from 1W1 to 2N1 which is way too dark and neutral. This applies to almost every brand i looked at including Loreal, Lancome, Revlon, Dior, Chanel. You name it, i've hopped from counter to counter.

Now i have tried the new 2016 Diorskin Forever Perfect Foundation. I tried the 021 shade but that was way too dark which is more suitable for NC 25. Like as always, we don't have the shade 011 available here in Australia. So another day at the counter and i come across this Diorsnow White Reveal Fresh transparency Liquid Foundation. It is geared more towards Asian skin but that's not to stop anyone from using it. I swatched 021 and suprisingly, it came off as much lighter than 021 in the Diorskin Forever. I am so glad that i found this foundation, it matches my skin tone to a T. Apparently this is a new release from Dior and will be part of the Permanent Collection. I just pray they never discontinue this line. It comes in 6 shades- 010, 011, 012, 020, 021 and 030. I learnt the hard way with Dior as i'm not familiar with their foundations. Anything ending with 0 is a neutral undertone, 1 is yellow undertone, 2 is pink undertone and 3 is a peach/apricot undertone.

I paid $86 for it at Myer which is nose bleed. But before that i was already paying $100 to buy 2 bottles of MAC Studio Fix to get my shade right so i guess that's the only plus side. I haven't seen much reviews of this foundation online, it could be an Asia exclusive only and maybe they've decided to make it a permanent line but i'm glad that Dior have introduced a more Asian friendly foundation in Australia for us. If you have skintone like mine and struggle to find the right shade, give this one a try.

on 5/26/2012 6:50:00 AM

i like the finish of this foundation. it looks so natural, not mask like at all. coverage is medium, so red or dark acne marks may need to be further covered up by concealer. but it gives my skin a nice even natural finish... it has just enough yellow undertone for my asian skin. it stays on my face pretty consistently for about 8-10 hours but if i rub my nose, it tends to rub off. i tend to break out from sunblock so i dont wear any but since i started using this foundation, my skin has gone lighter. maybe because its spf 30? lastly, the packaging is very hygienic. its a pump bottle with a very small hole that i can actually controll the amount of product that comes out. not wasteful indeed. all in all, a good foundation in a great packaging that does the job well and doesnt break me out.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/26/2011 6:12:00 AM

Let me start by saying that I have never, ever found a foundation that is pale enough for my skin. EVER! I have tried so many foundations, expensive and inexpensive but this one comes really close. I have pretty bad acne scars, current acne, redness and oily skin and this foundation does a really good job of providing a nice even coverage without caking and looking like a mask.
I apply mine with a brush and I find it provides a great blended finish. It is a thick foundation but it settles quite nicely in to my skin.
It does last all day but it doesn't really control my oiliness, which is fine, I just usually re-apply some powder or use some blotting papers.
It is rather expensive I pay $59 AUD for mine from strawberrynet.com, but I would highly recommend this foundation if you are looking for a good quality product. It's definitely worth the price tag!
Also the packaging is lovely, the bottle is a really heavy porcelain and it's a pump bottle, which I love (I think it's more sanitary).
I definitely would recommend! This is my favourite foundation I have found so far and although I am happy with it, I am still looking for my perfect foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought this for $CAD60 (just realized the magnitude of the pricetag...) on Cosme-De. I have been longing for a high-quality foundation for the longest time and have only heard good things about Dior foundations. This product is Asia-exclusive and is meant to give you a bright complexion while protecting from the sun and freckles. I was satisfied when first opening the box because you really get what you paid for. For some reason I was expecting a white plastic bottle but it's a nice and pristine white porcelain like bottle weighty and shiny. The pump pumps out just enough product. I got this in 010 Ivory and while I would like for it to be lighter (NC15 skin) it blends out and works. This has a floral face cream sort of smell that many Asians will be familiar with as a lot of facial products have the scent. The foundation applies well with fingers but harder with other medians as it dries very quickly. No matter what though it gives a even, semi-matte and translucent finish. I would say it was light-medium coverage. Staying power is ok, better than my drugstore foundations and BB creams but not as good as powder foundation. If you're deciding whether or not to splurg: get it if you'll appreciate the packaging, want luminous looking skin and protection from sun damage, and care about keeping your skin 'white' and fair.
Edit:
I've been using this foundation for 2 weeks now and my love for it just grows and grows. I went to the beach today with this applied with Sephora Air Brush 55 and set with loose powder and even with the sweltering humid temperature, sweat, and my sunglasses slipping around my nose this foundation did not budge! I'm always used to having the foundation on my nose fade first because of the excessive oiliness there but it stayed on even near day end where I blotted with paper and still it stayed on. I'm really glad I decided to splurge on a product that does what it should do.