MAC Cosmetics Matte - Omega

Filtered by eye Color : Green

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have no idea how I survived without this eyeshadow before I picked this gem up. It is my go to for everything! I am pale nw13, blonde hair and green eyes. I use this for brows, transition and light contour. If you are struggling to find a contour or brow product that doesn't pull warm or red, you seriously need this in your life. I was using anastasia brow wiz in taupe, but now that I've gone lighter with my hair, it did not match anymore. So I bought this 2 months ago and I've used it every single day since then, no exaggeration.
When I first bought this, it seemed dry, I would shudder feeling my brush drag on the pan- but I think that was the protective layer. Now that I'm thru that, it does not feel dry at all.
My go to look for the past month has been this in the crease, mac painterly paint pot (ssometimes I put a light matte pink shade over) and mascara. It just looks so fresh and natural. If I want a little more depth, I'll add a wedge over omega. Love love love.

Bottom line I absolutely love this shade and it is a must for pale folks struggling to find the perfect contour or transition shade. If you are blonde and cannot find a decent brow color without red undertones, you need this! I will definitely be re purchasing

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is a cool toned, light brown, matte shade. I use it as a transition color in my crease and sometimes on my eyebrows (I'm a dark blonde/brunette). It's not an essential for me, I could live without this color since I usually opt for warmer colored eyeshadow looks.

So glad I bought this eyeshadow. It looks so boring but is a true workhorse for me. I use it several times each week for my crease and eyebrows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After finding out that Too Faced's Velvet Revolver eyeshadow in the Natural palette is the perfect color to fill in my eyebrows with, I set out to find the most similar dupe I could, as I would rather not repurchase the whole Natural Eye Palette again just for that one shadow. Multiple sources said that Omega was pretty close. I've colored my hair to a light brunette for years, but I'm a natural dark blonde. So my brows are that awful, cool-toned mousy light brown color. All color I've found designed for brows are either WAY to dark, or have warm undertones, so nothing looks natural. And my brows are just dark enough that blonde colors look too yellow. So I experimented with this eyeshadow. Looking at it in the pan, it almost looks a bit grey, as does Velvet Revolver. So I'm not even sure what gave me hope and possessed me to try it in the first place, but I'm glad I did. It goes on a lot more brown than it would look, and blends in almost perfectly. Omega is just the tiniest bit lighter than Velvet Revolver, but it does the trick.

Great color if you want a quick way to really make your eyes look wide and awake. I wear Omega all over my lid and in my crease, with a light stroke of it under my eyes. And then lots of black mascara (Maybelline Stiletto). I didn't have to fuss with it and add more color, blend, add more, remove, etc. Just a quick swipe did the trick and transformed my eyes. I have tried this as a brow color as well but I prefer pencil because I like a more defined brow. I find that Omega works well over other colors as well to make them look softer and to open up the eyes. Basically this is an eye opening color, and I love finding those, because I'm a mom with two little ones, never get enough sleep, and I can use all the help I can get to look more alert than I really am :)

It's been said a million times that Omega is great for brows, but what I like to use it for is my transition... well not on its own, but mixed with Kid or Wedge. When I am doing a look that calls for a cooler transition I reach for Omega. Used on it's own it can look a little flat, so I like to add just a little warmth from one of the others. I did a "Guide to MAC Transition Colors" on my blog, so feel free to check it out if you'd like!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'd heard Mac Omega is the best eyebrow color--a matte taupe. It works on my dark brows that are not as thick any more that I've gotten older. Some brow pencils are too dark, and I hate waxy pencils. I simply take a short bristled brush and brush this shadow into my brows. I have to admit, I've never used it as a taupe shadow and I assume it would be great, but this is sort of reserved "brows only." And I keep hitting pan--so would I rebuy? Yes.

Omega is my favorite MAC shadow color--it is the most versitile. I can use it to contour my cheekbones, shadow my eyes, and shape my brows. Amazing color, not too warm, but not too ashy. Highly recommend for anyone with a beige-tan skin tone.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is my HG crease color on my pale NC15 skin. I absolutely love this shade. I have also used it as a eyebrow color. It is the perfect neutral taupe brown. I would purchase this over and over again. It is my go to color for days I just want to look polished and not have to think too much about what makeup I am wearing.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

For reference I'm neutral to warm, NC/25/NW25ish.

Omega is a taupish-grey matte color. In my opinion it's a versatile color. I use it to blend out crease colors that are too dark or on it's own as a crease color. It' more of a neutral tone and not overly cool or warm. I pair it with MAC Grain, Shroom and Vex.

Overall I like Omega and would purchase again.