MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Omega

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

4.6

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know what I'd do without Omega! It is my absolute holy grail brow powder (paired with MAC Cork for a very slight ombre effect). It is one of the only shadows I'm pretty close to hitting pan on. I use this every day and have received several compliments on my brows. I also fall back on this for a cooler-toned neutral transition/crease color. I apply to brows with an angled brush, to lids with a fluffy pointed brush.

Pros:
* amazing brow color for darker blonde brows
* smooth application
* blendable on brows
* easy to fix mistakes
* very long-lasting
* generous amount of product
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* a bit drier than other MAC shadows
* can sometimes seem a bit chalky in the crease if not well blended

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a good cool toned taupe-ish light brown option for PPP. Light enough to be used all over the lid or a crease. It's also very flattering for hazel eyes and seems to bring out the green!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Color Reference - Platinum Blonde, NC 35

I went into MAC looking for the perfect eyebrow powder. Being platinum blonde it is almost impossible to find a color that isn't too harsh or fake looking. I went into MAC and asked the SA for a good color for my brows, and she said "Cork" looked perfect for me. I went home and tried it out, it was WAY too dark and harsh for me. Although I am super blonde, my brows are naturally much darker but they aren't that dark. I went in and exchanged "Cork" for "Omega" after doing some research - and I have got to say, I LOVE it! It is sooo perfect for my brows. It seriously fills in and defines my brows without making me look like a drag queen. It's almost impossible to find the perfect brow shade for us platinum blondes - but Omega is definitely the shade! I apply this to my brows with a MAC 208 which I think is perfect. It is super dense and blends it out evenly. Not only is this the perfect brow color, but I'm sure this is gonna be gorgeous with multiple eyeshadow looks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Omega is my least favorite MAC shadow. I bought it because I wanted a cool neutral to use as a crease contour. I'm NC 25, hazel eyes, and this doesn't work at all, I can pack it on but it won't show. It works as a base matte for the lid but it looks blah on me, and it's really difficult to blend with other colors. I think it's the matte 1 formula (matte 2 are easier to blend). I occassionally use it as a cheek contour when I want something cool (I usually contour with Benefit Hoola which is warm). Omega isn't a bad color but it doesn't work for me. I wouldn't repurchase.
**EDIT** I'm really starting to like Omega. If I put Grain on the lid (a neutral beige-silver satin) and Omega built up in the crease and outer v, it gives the perfect "no make-up make up look". I may even repurchase.

Omega is a light soft neutral brown, that MAC desribes as a soft muted beige-brown.
Its a matte formula, so no shimmer here in this colour.
Omega is one of the colours, which look very boring in the pan, but are incredibly versatile.
My first idea to use this shadow was in the crease. Perfect for that, because its not too dark and gives the perfect daytime/office look.
Second I used it as an eyeliner and it worked good for those days, when you dont want harsh lines and dark colours in your eye make-up , but a soft and pretty look.
Recently, I discovered it as an eyebrow colour. Im a MAC NC 20/BB sand with amber eyes, dark eyebrows and dark lashes. Quite dark eyebrows, like dark brown, that looks almost black. My eyebrows are much darker than my natural hair colour (light to middle brown), but this colours rocks for my eyebrows. I have thick eyebrows, but I have to fill in some gaps, because my natural brows dont grow that perfect.
I totally hate this look, when your eyebrows look like some too dark caterpillars on your face and the first thing you see in the face are these way too dark artificial eyebrows. It looks this way when I use a darker brown colour like MACs brun for my brows. Way too dark!
I go for a rather natural brow, like my brows but better, so I use a Sigma E65 small angle brush and lightly fill my brows with small strokes. To finish, I use a brow gloss from the drugstore or some eight hour cream to give it a glossy and healthy look. My brows look more defined and groomed like they are naturally that good looking when I wake up (LOL) without harsh lines or a too dark colour
Truly, I love this shadow for my eyebrows and besides that, it just works for all the other things too.
If I go on vacation again, I will take a MAC pro pan with 4 eyeshadows with me and guess what: Omega would be the first I choose to take with me.
So it is a multipurpose eyeshadow and very recommended.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is my favorite MAC eyeshadow. It is a matte light taupe and it strikes a nice balance between light brown and gray. I like to use this as a base for other colors or for just wash of color on days when I don't want to fuss with a complicated eye design. I also use it as a brow color, which works great on my dark brown brows. My only wish is that the formula was a Matte 2. Don't get me wrong; the formula isn't bad on this. But I just love the buttery texture and blending ease of the Matte2s.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one color every girl should have if you have fair or medium skin. It is great for the marilyn monroe eye.....greatest with hazel and green eyes. i use it over Mac paint pot "painterly" and it lasts until i take it off

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Omega is my go-to brow product! My brows are the lightest blonde you could imagine, and this does the trick. I apply with a MAC 266 brush. It looks so natural yet polished. I hate using pencils and/or brow gel, I just do not like the feeling or look of either. Also works great as a crease color. Love it!

Perfect medium, taupey-grey matte for a daytime look! Very natural looking.

I love using Omega as a crease/blending color when I wear olive toned greens. Normally I would use wedge as my 'everyday' crease color, but when worn with olivey greens it looks a bit muddy. My new favorite green smokey eye is LORAC olive on lid, Omega to blend out crease & Coquette to deepen crease & outer V. Looks amazing! Try it!