MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Omega

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I like it to even out my eyelids. My eyelids are the colour of MAC saddle overall, but pink and brown in other areas, I mean overall they are quite dark but uneven, compared to the rest of my skin.

Even if I conceal (not too much) they have an uneven tinge which you wouldn’t think mattered much except that when I apply this as a base shadow lightly it totally evens it out and looks natural. This as a smooth wash (not a crease colour as my skin is darker than this) totally makes my eyes look better (bigger too somehow) without looking made-up.

If I use Blanc Type, Retrospeck, Ricepaper, etc as a sole wash prior to other colours or on their own, they don’t work for a real natural effect. Look either ashy or muddied.

This is colour correcting and the slight green-grey in it brings out my eye colour and makes my eyes look healthy, strangely enough. My green colour corrector doesn’t work for this purpose as well as this, because they blended it so perfectly.

It goes well with Charcoal brown, twinks, brun or embark as a natural looking contour/soften eyeliner for days I want to use subtle makeup.
Has never irritated my v. Sensitive eyes/skin

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Such an elegant and versatile eyeshadow! I use it almost every day on its own (after some building you get some beautiful, natural depth), or under Coquette, Espresso, or even Print in the evenings. It is also perfect for my practically black eyebrows - it gives them some definition without making them look harsh at all. Perfect! I will surely repurchase!

i know this is a popular eyebrow shadow for blondes or light brunettes but i use this daily and i have dark brown, almost black hair. I like the color of omega, its a taupe without any red or orange. It looks very natural and not too harsh. omega is perfect for the inner part of the brows! Though id go a couple shades darker for the tail, maybe brun. I wouldnt repurchase because i like using pen style brow fillers. I do not like this as an eyeshadow for the eyes.

edit- i see a lot of people say this goes well on the eyes so ive been using this in the crease and i feel it might be too grey. It does look a bit unhealthy and dusty/dirty when its on my lids. Id jus stick to using this on the brows for now. I am C1 and this reminds me of patina but matte. I have a hard time wearing patina just on its own. Patina is great mixed with a darker brown but id never wear patina and omega togther because it just brings out the grey of eachother. Very dusty.

Pros -
Works for dark brown hair as brow shader
Easy to blend and stay true to color

Cons-
Not so great as a crease color pairing this with cooler lid shades as it turns very grey in certain lighting and looks ashy and dirty

April 2019 edit-
I just repurchased this because i LOVE it paired with Nars eyeshadow duo in Kalahari. This goes so well in the crease with the left side of Kalahari. It surprisingly doesnt make me look bruised or ashy when i pair them together. I guess you have to play with colors to figure out how to really use them to its max potential :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a dark blond with highlights and I found this to be a bit red and grey on me and darker than what I like in a brow color. It's slightly darker and more red/grey than Anastasia's brow powder in Blond, which makes it better for a more ashy look, but it was too dark for me. It also has a bit of shimmer in it, barely any, but for a matte, I find this very disappointing since I'm allergic. I can see where this would be the perfect color for most blonds. If you want something that's more gold, I would go with Anastasia, but I personally use the Estee Lauder Soft Blond Refillable, which is lighter than the Anastasia. Also, I find this a tad more warm than Fling.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This shadow was a very pleasant surprise. I was looking for a transition and blending color, and also a shadow that would give a subtle sculpted look when used in the crease. I initially bought Wedge, but Wedge was warmer than I was looking for. I wanted something that was slightly cooler (a very cool brown leaning toward grey). Omega was perfect for that. But in addition to providing that perfect sculpted eye, it is PERFECT to blend out other colors and harsh edges. It's also insanely gorgeous as a lid color in an understated, sophisticated way. When I want subtle definition under my eyes, I use it as a liner on my lower lid.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

When i'm too lazy to paint wonders on my eyelids, this is the eyeshadow i reach for. It's an awkward shade; matt taupe-ish gray-ish light brown (if that makes any sense LOL). Looks very dull and boooring on the pan but looks AMAZING on my eyes, even when used alone.

I apply it on my entire lids and blend towards my brows. It looks like i'm not wearing any makeup on my eyes as if they are naturally awake and doe-like. It's also very pigmented, conceals the veins on my lids perfectly. I love how matte it is, you can apply it as much as you want without looking like a clown :)

I don't know if it creases on its own or not, i always use my NARS primer beforehand and it lasts all day.

Package is small, cute and very sturdy. I like how mac shadows don't come with those tiny pitiful applicators.

Overall, i'd buy again and again. Hope they don't discontinue.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Matte browns are essential, but SO boring in my opinion! Omega looks like your average light matte brown in the pan, but in actual fact, it's this neutralshade that has elements of brown, beige and grey. The pigmentation and application are both fantastic, I like using it in the crease or as my transition shade. I'm NC25 so it does show up on me quite well. I used to own the Too Faced 'Natural Eye' palette, and there was a shade called 'Velvet Revolver' in there that reminded me of Omega. However that eyeshadow was a very noticeable grey-brown on the eyes, rather than subtle like Omega. Furthermore, Omega is excellent for dark eyebrows! I just don't understand HOW it works so well but it really does, sometimes when I've gone a bit heavy-handed with my beloved MUFE 'Aqua Brow' I'll put Omega over the top to tone the colour down and it works. Even though Omega IS neutral, I find it looks fabulous with cooler-toned shades such as MAC 'Sable', 'Satin Taupe' and Urban Decay 'Toasted'. If you look at the comparison photo of my other matte crease and transition shades, Omega is very unique, definitely one to try.

This is one of those products I reach for everyday but don't even think about, I noticed today I have nearly run out and thought good ol' Omega deserved a review :)

It does look pretty boring at first glance, very light brown, looks sort of a dark beige applied very lightly and can also look slightly grey depending on what it's blended with or how much you put on.

I reach for this nearly every day, I use it on my eyebrows mixed with Charcoal Brown, I use it all over my lid for a quick easy neutral look, I use it with Blanc Type all over the lid and then Omega in the crease.
Omega with Blanc Type makes a really light lovely, I want to say a light smokey eye but it's not exactly smokey, just a really quick look that is easy and very flattering with a bit of brown eyeliner and/or mascara.

So I will definitely buy this again after realising how much I use it, very easy to use and a great staple for your bag out and about to do a quick bit of eyebrow filling or eye makeup etc :)

UPDATE: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

I use this on the lid, with charcoal brown in the outer third, brun on the lash line/outer V and blend out with wedge fading into brûlée. Perfect, polished but natural look.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I love this eyeshadow! I use it everyday it is so beautiful.
Can be used as a all over lid color. Definitely the best matte neutral brown shadow that I ever used.