MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Omega

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.6

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is such a workhorse! It matches my eyebrows. It's my go to contour. It fills in my hairline when I don't have bangs. It can look too ashy as an eyeshadow by itself, but it's my go to color when I need my hoods to recede more. This and Copperplate are the first eyeshadows I've ever hit pan on, and I'll buy it again in a heartbeat.

If only I could find this color as a mascara...

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a good cool toned taupe-ish light brown option for PPP. Light enough to be used all over the lid or a crease. It's also very flattering for hazel eyes and seems to bring out the green!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

First off, I should point out that I've never used this product as an eye shadow. It is in no way to my tastes for that purpose. I use it as a contour powder and I adore it. I am extremely pale and have always had huge amounts of trouble finding contouring products that didn't make me look like there was dirt smeared on my face. I had basically given up on ever finding one when I saw a review by a beauty blogger (who was almost as pale as I am) saying that this was her HG contour product. I decided to give it a try and I am SO happy that I did! I apply this on top of my fountain using a MAC 168 brush and then swirl some translucent powder over the top. Hello cheekbones! It has really helped me add polish to my look while taking very little time. I would recommend trying it to anyone who has pale, cool-toned skin as a contouring powder.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

When i'm too lazy to paint wonders on my eyelids, this is the eyeshadow i reach for. It's an awkward shade; matt taupe-ish gray-ish light brown (if that makes any sense LOL). Looks very dull and boooring on the pan but looks AMAZING on my eyes, even when used alone.

I apply it on my entire lids and blend towards my brows. It looks like i'm not wearing any makeup on my eyes as if they are naturally awake and doe-like. It's also very pigmented, conceals the veins on my lids perfectly. I love how matte it is, you can apply it as much as you want without looking like a clown :)

I don't know if it creases on its own or not, i always use my NARS primer beforehand and it lasts all day.

Package is small, cute and very sturdy. I like how mac shadows don't come with those tiny pitiful applicators.

Overall, i'd buy again and again. Hope they don't discontinue.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After finding out that Too Faced's Velvet Revolver eyeshadow in the Natural palette is the perfect color to fill in my eyebrows with, I set out to find the most similar dupe I could, as I would rather not repurchase the whole Natural Eye Palette again just for that one shadow. Multiple sources said that Omega was pretty close. I've colored my hair to a light brunette for years, but I'm a natural dark blonde. So my brows are that awful, cool-toned mousy light brown color. All color I've found designed for brows are either WAY to dark, or have warm undertones, so nothing looks natural. And my brows are just dark enough that blonde colors look too yellow. So I experimented with this eyeshadow. Looking at it in the pan, it almost looks a bit grey, as does Velvet Revolver. So I'm not even sure what gave me hope and possessed me to try it in the first place, but I'm glad I did. It goes on a lot more brown than it would look, and blends in almost perfectly. Omega is just the tiniest bit lighter than Velvet Revolver, but it does the trick.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Color Reference - Platinum Blonde, NC 35

I went into MAC looking for the perfect eyebrow powder. Being platinum blonde it is almost impossible to find a color that isn't too harsh or fake looking. I went into MAC and asked the SA for a good color for my brows, and she said "Cork" looked perfect for me. I went home and tried it out, it was WAY too dark and harsh for me. Although I am super blonde, my brows are naturally much darker but they aren't that dark. I went in and exchanged "Cork" for "Omega" after doing some research - and I have got to say, I LOVE it! It is sooo perfect for my brows. It seriously fills in and defines my brows without making me look like a drag queen. It's almost impossible to find the perfect brow shade for us platinum blondes - but Omega is definitely the shade! I apply this to my brows with a MAC 208 which I think is perfect. It is super dense and blends it out evenly. Not only is this the perfect brow color, but I'm sure this is gonna be gorgeous with multiple eyeshadow looks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

One of my absolute favorite MAC shadows! Omega is a matte, medium brown-taupe that seems to stay true to its color. It applies perfectly all over the lid, or can be used in the crease as a transitional color. This eyeshadow is a perfect neutral for my skin tone, and looks sexy with Mac Patina or Mulch in the crease. Very pretty! I also love pairing this with Mac Satin Taupe in the crease for a flawless smoky brown eye! Mac Omega seems pretty simple in the pan, but glides on so buttery and pigmented onto eyelids. It's so soft and smooth, it looks more satin-y on the lid. With its quality and versatility, it is a must have!
I love how this shadow goes with my features. It is completely neutral, not too cool, not too warm, just the perfect amount of each. My blue eyes pop with this eyeshadow, and illuminates with my red auburn hair and light skin.
I think that Omega is a vital shadow to have in a make up collection. Completely beautiful!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

OMG just the color I was looking for! I love to use this with a shimmery white and with this color on the crease. I looks so natural and beautiful. It is a matte taupey color with a hint of grey, on me it gives off a more taupe color. I would definetly repurchase this

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Omega is my least favorite MAC shadow. I bought it because I wanted a cool neutral to use as a crease contour. I'm NC 25, hazel eyes, and this doesn't work at all, I can pack it on but it won't show. It works as a base matte for the lid but it looks blah on me, and it's really difficult to blend with other colors. I think it's the matte 1 formula (matte 2 are easier to blend). I occassionally use it as a cheek contour when I want something cool (I usually contour with Benefit Hoola which is warm). Omega isn't a bad color but it doesn't work for me. I wouldn't repurchase.
**EDIT** I'm really starting to like Omega. If I put Grain on the lid (a neutral beige-silver satin) and Omega built up in the crease and outer v, it gives the perfect "no make-up make up look". I may even repurchase.

It's been said a million times that Omega is great for brows, but what I like to use it for is my transition... well not on its own, but mixed with Kid or Wedge. When I am doing a look that calls for a cooler transition I reach for Omega. Used on it's own it can look a little flat, so I like to add just a little warmth from one of the others. I did a "Guide to MAC Transition Colors" on my blog, so feel free to check it out if you'd like!!