MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Omega

Filtered by hair type : Straight

4.6

i know this is a popular eyebrow shadow for blondes or light brunettes but i use this daily and i have dark brown, almost black hair. I like the color of omega, its a taupe without any red or orange. It looks very natural and not too harsh. omega is perfect for the inner part of the brows! Though id go a couple shades darker for the tail, maybe brun. I wouldnt repurchase because i like using pen style brow fillers. I do not like this as an eyeshadow for the eyes.

edit- I am C1 and this reminds me of Patina but matte. I have a hard time wearing Patina and id never pair it with Omega because they brings out the grey of eachother. Very ashy. I feel Omega isnt the easiest to wear for me personally. It will def look great to add shadow and contour on the eye if paired with the right color. I just havent found the right combos yet.

April 2019 edit-
I just repurchased this because i LOVE it paired with Nars eyeshadow duo in Kalahari. This goes so well in the crease with the left side of Kalahari. It surprisingly doesnt make me look bruised or ashy when i pair them together. I guess you have to play with colors to figure out how to really use them to its max potential :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have no idea how I survived without this eyeshadow before I picked this gem up. It is my go to for everything! I am pale nw13, blonde hair and green eyes. I use this for brows, transition and light contour. If you are struggling to find a contour or brow product that doesn't pull warm or red, you seriously need this in your life. I was using anastasia brow wiz in taupe, but now that I've gone lighter with my hair, it did not match anymore. So I bought this 2 months ago and I've used it every single day since then, no exaggeration.
When I first bought this, it seemed dry, I would shudder feeling my brush drag on the pan- but I think that was the protective layer. Now that I'm thru that, it does not feel dry at all.
My go to look for the past month has been this in the crease, mac painterly paint pot (ssometimes I put a light matte pink shade over) and mascara. It just looks so fresh and natural. If I want a little more depth, I'll add a wedge over omega. Love love love.

Bottom line I absolutely love this shade and it is a must for pale folks struggling to find the perfect contour or transition shade. If you are blonde and cannot find a decent brow color without red undertones, you need this! I will definitely be re purchasing

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Omega. Where have you been all my life?

I am a blonde with blonde eyebrows and have been using Anastasia Brow Duo powder in Taupe for the past 3 years. I love it. However, I thought it might be fun to try Omega (love the Back to Mac program) since 99% of all blonde youtubers use it in their brows. It is a little darker than the Anastasia (light side color) and a hair warmer, but with my highlighted blonde hair --- it is magical! It looks so natural and fills in gaps and gives my face life! I will continue to use this and only this. Okay -- maybe a little brow wiz here and there -- but this is HG for me. It's also nice for a crease shade and even for an all over the lid shade for my blue eyes. Omega is life-changing for me!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know what I'd do without Omega! It is my absolute holy grail brow powder (paired with MAC Cork for a very slight ombre effect). It is one of the only shadows I'm pretty close to hitting pan on. I use this every day and have received several compliments on my brows. I also fall back on this for a cooler-toned neutral transition/crease color. I apply to brows with an angled brush, to lids with a fluffy pointed brush.

Pros:
* amazing brow color for darker blonde brows
* smooth application
* blendable on brows
* easy to fix mistakes
* very long-lasting
* generous amount of product
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* a bit drier than other MAC shadows
* can sometimes seem a bit chalky in the crease if not well blended

First of all I don't use this as eyeshadow, I use it as a brow filler. :) I have dark blonde hair and, teamed with Illamasqua's fabulous sealing gel, absolutely perfect to fill in my brows. Matches pretty much perfectly and stays on all day with no issues. Lovely buttery texture. Highly recommended for blondes!

This is one of those products I reach for everyday but don't even think about, I noticed today I have nearly run out and thought good ol' Omega deserved a review :)

It does look pretty boring at first glance, very light brown, looks sort of a dark beige applied very lightly and can also look slightly grey depending on what it's blended with or how much you put on.

I reach for this nearly every day, I use it on my eyebrows mixed with Charcoal Brown, I use it all over my lid for a quick easy neutral look, I use it with Blanc Type all over the lid and then Omega in the crease.
Omega with Blanc Type makes a really light lovely, I want to say a light smokey eye but it's not exactly smokey, just a really quick look that is easy and very flattering with a bit of brown eyeliner and/or mascara.

So I will definitely buy this again after realising how much I use it, very easy to use and a great staple for your bag out and about to do a quick bit of eyebrow filling or eye makeup etc :)

UPDATE: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

So glad I bought this eyeshadow. It looks so boring but is a true workhorse for me. I use it several times each week for my crease and eyebrows.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with reviewers below that say that this is a light "greige" color, because it really is! It's somewhere between a brown, beige and grey. I'm NC25 and this barely shows up on me, but that's the beauty of it - it's great as a soft wash on the lids, or as a super natural crease color. The formula is typically Mac - not powdery, not dry, not buttery, but somewhere in between.

It is SORT OF a dupe of Velvet Revolver from the Too Face Natural Eye palette, although I believe VR is slightly more grey and slightly more noticeable on the eyes. Velvet Revolver is probably the reason why I won't buy Omega again - I like that VR shows up a bit better on me and looks faintly "smokey", whereas Omega is great for a natural eye and not much else. I don't find myself reaching for it all that often, although it' a lovely color if you don't have anything similar.

I use this on the lid, with charcoal brown in the outer third, brun on the lash line/outer V and blend out with wedge fading into brûlée. Perfect, polished but natural look.

A cooler matte brown, however most products turn more warm on my skin rather than "taupe", so I can't register this as that.
It is lovely in the brows for a lighter look, and also fantastic for days where I like to spackle on false freckles. Strange, I know! However, it is fantastic for that in photography.

Also lovely for contouring in the socket bone, under the cheekbones if nothing else is around, and around the face. I'm NC17.