MAC Cosmetics Matte - Omega

Filtered by hair type : Other

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

I love this as a crease and outer V color, it blends well and isn't too reddish on my skin. never creases, lasts all day and applies beautifully. I'm nc40 for reference.

My HG eyebrow powder. I have dark eyebrows but very blonde hair. I use this to fill in my brows when I want to look more polished. This is the only brow product I have ever liked besides the Essence pencil. It doesn't make my brows too dark or orangey. I also use this as a blending color when I'm in a pinch. I would definitely repurchase this and it's worth the money since I use to little. It you're a blonde and have a hard time with your brows try this! I can see it working for brunettes as well.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a great light matte brown with no red undertones. It works well for filling in my brows and it also works awesome as a crease colour to subtly give my eyes more depth without being super obvious.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is my favorite MAC eyeshadow. It is a matte light taupe and it strikes a nice balance between light brown and gray. I like to use this as a base for other colors or for just wash of color on days when I don't want to fuss with a complicated eye design. I also use it as a brow color, which works great on my dark brown brows. My only wish is that the formula was a Matte 2. Don't get me wrong; the formula isn't bad on this. But I just love the buttery texture and blending ease of the Matte2s.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I wish I could put this review under the eyebrow section because that is what I am using it for. I saw a few people using this for eyebrows so I went to the Mac counter and asked them to apply it for me. I ended up buying it and when I got home I thought it was a little on the orangey side, but I kept building up the color and I have now found my most favorite eyebrow product ever! It is a very neutral color and doesn't leave those pesky gummed up spots on the sparse parts of my brows (sorry, but that's the only way I know how to describe it). I really recommend this one because it's a keeper.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

For reference I'm neutral to warm, NC/25/NW25ish.

Omega is a taupish-grey matte color. In my opinion it's a versatile color. I use it to blend out crease colors that are too dark or on it's own as a crease color. It' more of a neutral tone and not overly cool or warm. I pair it with MAC Grain, Shroom and Vex.

Overall I like Omega and would purchase again.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Perfect shadow for filling in my brows.........it looks so natural and beautiful. I also use it as a blender/crease shade for any brown look. I will never look for another brow filler again as long as Omega is still in existence!

MAC Omega is a matte, mushroom, greyish-beige (or "greige"). It is a perfect, neutral, mid-tone taupe without any obvious reddish/orangey undertones, but is not a blue-grey as it retains a hint of warmth. Note that it applies slightly darker than it appears in the pan.

Applied sheerly on fair to medium skin, this is the perfect medium taupe to shade the eyelids for a polished, daytime look (especially for work). However, like other MAC matte eyeshadows, it takes some work to blend into the skin and even swatch.

This is also the perfect colour (the perfect combination of grey and beige) to fill in my eyebrows. For reference, I am Asian, with fair-to-medium skin, and relatively sparse eyebrows. For comparison, Shu Uemura's Hard Formula in Seal Brown (a cult favourite for Asian eyebrows) is much darker. Depending on how it's applied, Seal Brown can appear to be too harsh and overly brown. I believe Shu Uemura's Hard Formula in Stone Gray is a better match for Asian eyebrows but since it was not available at my Shu counter, I'm unable to compare it.

Compared with Seal Brown, however, Omega is a much more flattering colour on me, and being a powder, it applies more softly. It is neither too dark nor too red/brown. Yet it has just enough warmth to avoid looking ashy. The result is natural-looking, believably full brows.

Under impressed...purchased as an eyebrow filler,Im returning this

This is probably the most versatile eyeshadow I own!
I initially bought it as a contour colour for my very fair skin, and now use it to fill in my eyebrows (works so perfectly!) and as a regular eyeshadow. It's so perfect, I'm no doubt going to hit pan on this multiple times.