MAC Cosmetics Matte - Omega

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

4.4

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is a cool toned, light brown, matte shade. I use it as a transition color in my crease and sometimes on my eyebrows (I'm a dark blonde/brunette). It's not an essential for me, I could live without this color since I usually opt for warmer colored eyeshadow looks.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

When i'm too lazy to paint wonders on my eyelids, this is the eyeshadow i reach for. It's an awkward shade; matt taupe-ish gray-ish light brown (if that makes any sense LOL). Looks very dull and boooring on the pan but looks AMAZING on my eyes, even when used alone.

I apply it on my entire lids and blend towards my brows. It looks like i'm not wearing any makeup on my eyes as if they are naturally awake and doe-like. It's also very pigmented, conceals the veins on my lids perfectly. I love how matte it is, you can apply it as much as you want without looking like a clown :)

I don't know if it creases on its own or not, i always use my NARS primer beforehand and it lasts all day.

Package is small, cute and very sturdy. I like how mac shadows don't come with those tiny pitiful applicators.

Overall, i'd buy again and again. Hope they don't discontinue.

So glad I bought this eyeshadow. It looks so boring but is a true workhorse for me. I use it several times each week for my crease and eyebrows.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with reviewers below that say that this is a light "greige" color, because it really is! It's somewhere between a brown, beige and grey. I'm NC25 and this barely shows up on me, but that's the beauty of it - it's great as a soft wash on the lids, or as a super natural crease color. The formula is typically Mac - not powdery, not dry, not buttery, but somewhere in between.

It is SORT OF a dupe of Velvet Revolver from the Too Face Natural Eye palette, although I believe VR is slightly more grey and slightly more noticeable on the eyes. Velvet Revolver is probably the reason why I won't buy Omega again - I like that VR shows up a bit better on me and looks faintly "smokey", whereas Omega is great for a natural eye and not much else. I don't find myself reaching for it all that often, although it' a lovely color if you don't have anything similar.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After finding out that Too Faced's Velvet Revolver eyeshadow in the Natural palette is the perfect color to fill in my eyebrows with, I set out to find the most similar dupe I could, as I would rather not repurchase the whole Natural Eye Palette again just for that one shadow. Multiple sources said that Omega was pretty close. I've colored my hair to a light brunette for years, but I'm a natural dark blonde. So my brows are that awful, cool-toned mousy light brown color. All color I've found designed for brows are either WAY to dark, or have warm undertones, so nothing looks natural. And my brows are just dark enough that blonde colors look too yellow. So I experimented with this eyeshadow. Looking at it in the pan, it almost looks a bit grey, as does Velvet Revolver. So I'm not even sure what gave me hope and possessed me to try it in the first place, but I'm glad I did. It goes on a lot more brown than it would look, and blends in almost perfectly. Omega is just the tiniest bit lighter than Velvet Revolver, but it does the trick.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I love this eyeshadow! I use it everyday it is so beautiful.
Can be used as a all over lid color. Definitely the best matte neutral brown shadow that I ever used.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Omega is my least favorite MAC shadow. I bought it because I wanted a cool neutral to use as a crease contour. I'm NC 25, hazel eyes, and this doesn't work at all, I can pack it on but it won't show. It works as a base matte for the lid but it looks blah on me, and it's really difficult to blend with other colors. I think it's the matte 1 formula (matte 2 are easier to blend). I occassionally use it as a cheek contour when I want something cool (I usually contour with Benefit Hoola which is warm). Omega isn't a bad color but it doesn't work for me. I wouldn't repurchase.
**EDIT** I'm really starting to like Omega. If I put Grain on the lid (a neutral beige-silver satin) and Omega built up in the crease and outer v, it gives the perfect "no make-up make up look". I may even repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'd heard Mac Omega is the best eyebrow color--a matte taupe. It works on my dark brows that are not as thick any more that I've gotten older. Some brow pencils are too dark, and I hate waxy pencils. I simply take a short bristled brush and brush this shadow into my brows. I have to admit, I've never used it as a taupe shadow and I assume it would be great, but this is sort of reserved "brows only." And I keep hitting pan--so would I rebuy? Yes.

Omega is THE shade for blonde/light brunette brows! I had always used pencils and it looked fine but I wanted my brows to look more natural and not so drawn on. So I saw someone apply Omega to her brows with an angled brush online and it looked amazing! I went out, got some for myself and it's perfect! I have neutral/golden light brunette hair at the moment, and Omega looks just as good as when I was very blonde a few months ago. It comes out a lot darker than it looks in the pan, and you can build it if you need darker brows. It's a cool-neutral shade that will work for many different skin and hair shades. I highly recommend it and will be buying again. I don't use it as a shadow since it's on my brows 24/7. MAC shadows are great quality and stay on well, especially if you use a primer underneath.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Omega is a very versatile eye shadow. It is extremely natural and for the most part has neutral tones to it with a few slight cool tones as well. I like to wear it in the crease with shroom on the lid. It really gives a nice subtle shadow to your eyes. It isn't an exciting color but it can work not only as an eye shadow but for the brows as well. I have light brown hair so I sometimes use it on my eye brows if I mix it with a darker brown and it looks natural. I guess if you have blond hair it would look really good by itself for brows. This eye shadow blends really well and I have even used it as a slight contour on the sides of my nose without it looking strange. Omega is just a great shade to have on hand...it isn't a wow color but it is still special and I'm glad I bought it.