MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Omega

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I like it to even out my eyelids. My eyelids are the colour of MAC saddle overall, but pink and brown in other areas, I mean overall they are quite dark but uneven, compared to the rest of my skin.

Even if I conceal (not too much) they have an uneven tinge which you wouldn’t think mattered much except that when I apply this as a base shadow lightly it totally evens it out and looks natural. This as a smooth wash (not a crease colour as my skin is darker than this) totally makes my eyes look better (bigger too somehow) without looking made-up.

If I use Blanc Type, Retrospeck, Ricepaper, etc as a sole wash prior to other colours or on their own, they don’t work for a real natural effect. Look either ashy or muddied.

This is colour correcting and the slight green-grey in it brings out my eye colour and makes my eyes look healthy, strangely enough. My green colour corrector doesn’t work for this purpose as well as this, because they blended it so perfectly.

It goes well with Charcoal brown, twinks, brun or embark as a natural looking contour/soften eyeliner for days I want to use subtle makeup.
Has never irritated my v. Sensitive eyes/skin

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Such an elegant and versatile eyeshadow! I use it almost every day on its own (after some building you get some beautiful, natural depth), or under Coquette, Espresso, or even Print in the evenings. It is also perfect for my practically black eyebrows - it gives them some definition without making them look harsh at all. Perfect! I will surely repurchase!

i know this is a popular eyebrow shadow for blondes or light brunettes but i use this daily and i have dark brown, almost black hair. I like the color of omega, its a taupe without any red or orange. It looks very natural and not too harsh. omega is perfect for the inner part of the brows! Though id go a couple shades darker for the tail, maybe brun. I wouldnt repurchase because i like using pen style brow fillers. I do not like this as an eyeshadow for the eyes.

edit- I am C1 and this reminds me of Patina but matte. I have a hard time wearing Patina and id never pair it with Omega because they brings out the grey of eachother. Very ashy. I feel Omega isnt the easiest to wear for me personally. It will def look great to add shadow and contour on the eye if paired with the right color. I just havent found the right combos yet.

April 2019 edit-
I just repurchased this because i LOVE it paired with Nars eyeshadow duo in Kalahari. This goes so well in the crease with the left side of Kalahari. It surprisingly doesnt make me look bruised or ashy when i pair them together. I guess you have to play with colors to figure out how to really use them to its max potential :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have no idea how I survived without this eyeshadow before I picked this gem up. It is my go to for everything! I am pale nw13, blonde hair and green eyes. I use this for brows, transition and light contour. If you are struggling to find a contour or brow product that doesn't pull warm or red, you seriously need this in your life. I was using anastasia brow wiz in taupe, but now that I've gone lighter with my hair, it did not match anymore. So I bought this 2 months ago and I've used it every single day since then, no exaggeration.
When I first bought this, it seemed dry, I would shudder feeling my brush drag on the pan- but I think that was the protective layer. Now that I'm thru that, it does not feel dry at all.
My go to look for the past month has been this in the crease, mac painterly paint pot (ssometimes I put a light matte pink shade over) and mascara. It just looks so fresh and natural. If I want a little more depth, I'll add a wedge over omega. Love love love.

Bottom line I absolutely love this shade and it is a must for pale folks struggling to find the perfect contour or transition shade. If you are blonde and cannot find a decent brow color without red undertones, you need this! I will definitely be re purchasing

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is such a workhorse! It matches my eyebrows. It's my go to contour. It fills in my hairline when I don't have bangs. It can look too ashy as an eyeshadow by itself, but it's my go to color when I need my hoods to recede more. This and Copperplate are the first eyeshadows I've ever hit pan on, and I'll buy it again in a heartbeat.

If only I could find this color as a mascara...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a dark blond with highlights and I found this to be a bit red and grey on me and darker than what I like in a brow color. It's slightly darker and more red/grey than Anastasia's brow powder in Blond, which makes it better for a more ashy look, but it was too dark for me. It also has a bit of shimmer in it, barely any, but for a matte, I find this very disappointing since I'm allergic. I can see where this would be the perfect color for most blonds. If you want something that's more gold, I would go with Anastasia, but I personally use the Estee Lauder Soft Blond Refillable, which is lighter than the Anastasia. Also, I find this a tad more warm than Fling.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Omega. Where have you been all my life?

I am a blonde with blonde eyebrows and have been using Anastasia Brow Duo powder in Taupe for the past 3 years. I love it. However, I thought it might be fun to try Omega (love the Back to Mac program) since 99% of all blonde youtubers use it in their brows. It is a little darker than the Anastasia (light side color) and a hair warmer, but with my highlighted blonde hair --- it is magical! It looks so natural and fills in gaps and gives my face life! I will continue to use this and only this. Okay -- maybe a little brow wiz here and there -- but this is HG for me. It's also nice for a crease shade and even for an all over the lid shade for my blue eyes. Omega is life-changing for me!

Five years ago, the MAC sales associate recommended Omega on the lid and Saddle in the outer corner for my wedding. After wearing Omega daily for two years, I wanted to try something new. This time they recommended sable, which I love and wore for 2 more years. I still had Omega in my drawer and every time I looked at it I thought "That color looks so dirty and gross. How did I ever wear that?" Well....today after reading reviews and seeing so many comments for Omega, I decided to try it again. It is amazing! How did I ever put it away? I have cool-toned, fair skin and blue/gray eyes, and this color is perfect for my eyes. It is very natural looking. It's not gray, it's not brown, it's not taupe...I don't know what it is, but it's pretty much perfect. I will be wearing this regularly again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This shadow was a very pleasant surprise. I was looking for a transition and blending color, and also a shadow that would give a subtle sculpted look when used in the crease. I initially bought Wedge, but Wedge was warmer than I was looking for. I wanted something that was slightly cooler (a very cool brown leaning toward grey). Omega was perfect for that. But in addition to providing that perfect sculpted eye, it is PERFECT to blend out other colors and harsh edges. It's also insanely gorgeous as a lid color in an understated, sophisticated way. When I want subtle definition under my eyes, I use it as a liner on my lower lid.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know what I'd do without Omega! It is my absolute holy grail brow powder (paired with MAC Cork for a very slight ombre effect). It is one of the only shadows I'm pretty close to hitting pan on. I use this every day and have received several compliments on my brows. I also fall back on this for a cooler-toned neutral transition/crease color. I apply to brows with an angled brush, to lids with a fluffy pointed brush.

Pros:
* amazing brow color for darker blonde brows
* smooth application
* blendable on brows
* easy to fix mistakes
* very long-lasting
* generous amount of product
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* a bit drier than other MAC shadows
* can sometimes seem a bit chalky in the crease if not well blended