MAC Cosmetics Matte - Omega

Filtered by skin type : Oily

4.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with reviewers below that say that this is a light "greige" color, because it really is! It's somewhere between a brown, beige and grey. I'm NC25 and this barely shows up on me, but that's the beauty of it - it's great as a soft wash on the lids, or as a super natural crease color. The formula is typically Mac - not powdery, not dry, not buttery, but somewhere in between.

It is SORT OF a dupe of Velvet Revolver from the Too Face Natural Eye palette, although I believe VR is slightly more grey and slightly more noticeable on the eyes. Velvet Revolver is probably the reason why I won't buy Omega again - I like that VR shows up a bit better on me and looks faintly "smokey", whereas Omega is great for a natural eye and not much else. I don't find myself reaching for it all that often, although it' a lovely color if you don't have anything similar.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Color Reference - Platinum Blonde, NC 35

I went into MAC looking for the perfect eyebrow powder. Being platinum blonde it is almost impossible to find a color that isn't too harsh or fake looking. I went into MAC and asked the SA for a good color for my brows, and she said "Cork" looked perfect for me. I went home and tried it out, it was WAY too dark and harsh for me. Although I am super blonde, my brows are naturally much darker but they aren't that dark. I went in and exchanged "Cork" for "Omega" after doing some research - and I have got to say, I LOVE it! It is sooo perfect for my brows. It seriously fills in and defines my brows without making me look like a drag queen. It's almost impossible to find the perfect brow shade for us platinum blondes - but Omega is definitely the shade! I apply this to my brows with a MAC 208 which I think is perfect. It is super dense and blends it out evenly. Not only is this the perfect brow color, but I'm sure this is gonna be gorgeous with multiple eyeshadow looks.

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I love this eyeshadow! I use it everyday it is so beautiful.
Can be used as a all over lid color. Definitely the best matte neutral brown shadow that I ever used.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Like many other reviewers, I also use this eyeshadow to fill in my brows. I apply it using the MAC 266 brush and finish off my brows by using some clear brow gel (Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara). This makes my brows look more defined, yet still very natural. The MAC SA warned me that using a shadow wouldn't last as long as a brow pencil, but this shadow always lasts all day on my brows. Omega looks great and lasts a very long time on my brows, so I definitely feel that it is worth more than many drugstore products!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great color, I'm NC 15-20 and I use this as a lid color or crease color depending on the look I'm doin. When browsing on the MAC website looking at shadows I'm always drawn to this color, then I realize I have it. I team this up with either painterly paint pot or the untitled paint as a base then use copperplate in the outer V and brule or bisque to blend and highlight. As I do with any eyeshadow though I reccommend googling swatches of the MAC eye shadows or checking them out it the store. Sometimes the website doensn't do the color justice.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love it! Think I found a replacement for Jane's Eye-Zing in Rock Star. Great basic light taupe color. Good saturation of color. Unlike Rock Star, I don't have to even use a primer to get good coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was one of my must haves when I built my neutral pro palette, and it really is to die for. The shade is a cool-toned mink, which blends beautifully with Coquette or Copperplate. It looks gorgeous on cool-toned skins, very 60's minx! This will be a constant repurchase for me. The consistency is easy to work with and the shade is perfect for either day or night. Love this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Omega looks like nothing special at all. It's dull and not vibrant but it's fantastic for the crease for blending. You should give it a try.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Great matte tan :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I can't use this for my brows like most who have reviewed it but I really like Omega to a slightest hint of color. On my NW20 skin it barely shows up but the color is true to what you see in the pan and it still manages to make my eyes look pretty. It's also good to help blend out colors.