MAC Cosmetics Matte - Omega

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.6

i know this is a popular eyebrow shadow for blondes or light brunettes but i use this daily and i have dark brown, almost black hair.I use it in the front of the brows and finish the tail with abh brow wiz in medium ash brown. I like the color of omega, its a taupe without any red or orange. It looks very natural and not too harsh. Ive had coquette and charcoal brown and those were a tad darker for how i like my brows. I dont like strong brows so omega is perfect

edit- i see a lot of people say this goes well on the eyes so ive been using this in the crease and i feel it might be too grey. It does look a bit unhealthy and dusty/dirty when its on my lids. It makes me look like i have undereye circles and just not right. I much prefer using my bronzer for a transition and crease color like Mac matte bronze bronzer. Id jus stick to using this on the brows for now. I am pale yellow in the body but my face is less yellow. But not very red either. Im neutral i guess and this just didnt work as eyeshadow. It reminds me of patina but matte. I have a hard time wearing patina just on its own. Patina is great mixed with a darker brown but id never wear patina and omega togther because it just brings out the grey of eachother. Very dusty.

Pros -
Works for dark brown hair as brow
Great all over natural eyeshadow color
Easy to blend and stay true to color

Cons-
Not so great as a crease color pairing this with cooler lid shades as it turns very grey in certain lighting and looks ashy and dirty

Five years ago, the MAC sales associate recommended Omega on the lid and Saddle in the outer corner for my wedding. After wearing Omega daily for two years, I wanted to try something new. This time they recommended sable, which I love and wore for 2 more years. I still had Omega in my drawer and every time I looked at it I thought "That color looks so dirty and gross. How did I ever wear that?" Well....today after reading reviews and seeing so many comments for Omega, I decided to try it again. It is amazing! How did I ever put it away? I have cool-toned, fair skin and blue/gray eyes, and this color is perfect for my eyes. It is very natural looking. It's not gray, it's not brown, it's not taupe...I don't know what it is, but it's pretty much perfect. I will be wearing this regularly again.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know what I'd do without Omega! It is my absolute holy grail brow powder (paired with MAC Cork for a very slight ombre effect). It is one of the only shadows I'm pretty close to hitting pan on. I use this every day and have received several compliments on my brows. I also fall back on this for a cooler-toned neutral transition/crease color. I apply to brows with an angled brush, to lids with a fluffy pointed brush.

Pros:
* amazing brow color for darker blonde brows
* smooth application
* blendable on brows
* easy to fix mistakes
* very long-lasting
* generous amount of product
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* a bit drier than other MAC shadows
* can sometimes seem a bit chalky in the crease if not well blended

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is a cool toned, light brown, matte shade. I use it as a transition color in my crease and sometimes on my eyebrows (I'm a dark blonde/brunette). It's not an essential for me, I could live without this color since I usually opt for warmer colored eyeshadow looks.

First of all I don't use this as eyeshadow, I use it as a brow filler. :) I have dark blonde hair and, teamed with Illamasqua's fabulous sealing gel, absolutely perfect to fill in my brows. Matches pretty much perfectly and stays on all day with no issues. Lovely buttery texture. Highly recommended for blondes!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

When i'm too lazy to paint wonders on my eyelids, this is the eyeshadow i reach for. It's an awkward shade; matt taupe-ish gray-ish light brown (if that makes any sense LOL). Looks very dull and boooring on the pan but looks AMAZING on my eyes, even when used alone.

I apply it on my entire lids and blend towards my brows. It looks like i'm not wearing any makeup on my eyes as if they are naturally awake and doe-like. It's also very pigmented, conceals the veins on my lids perfectly. I love how matte it is, you can apply it as much as you want without looking like a clown :)

I don't know if it creases on its own or not, i always use my NARS primer beforehand and it lasts all day.

Package is small, cute and very sturdy. I like how mac shadows don't come with those tiny pitiful applicators.

Overall, i'd buy again and again. Hope they don't discontinue.

This is one of those products I reach for everyday but don't even think about, I noticed today I have nearly run out and thought good ol' Omega deserved a review :)

It does look pretty boring at first glance, very light brown, looks sort of a dark beige applied very lightly and can also look slightly grey depending on what it's blended with or how much you put on.

I reach for this nearly every day, I use it on my eyebrows mixed with Charcoal Brown, I use it all over my lid for a quick easy neutral look, I use it with Blanc Type all over the lid and then Omega in the crease.
Omega with Blanc Type makes a really light lovely, I want to say a light smokey eye but it's not exactly smokey, just a really quick look that is easy and very flattering with a bit of brown eyeliner and/or mascara.

So I will definitely buy this again after realising how much I use it, very easy to use and a great staple for your bag out and about to do a quick bit of eyebrow filling or eye makeup etc :)

UPDATE: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

So glad I bought this eyeshadow. It looks so boring but is a true workhorse for me. I use it several times each week for my crease and eyebrows.

I use this on the lid, with charcoal brown in the outer third, brun on the lash line/outer V and blend out with wedge fading into brûlée. Perfect, polished but natural look.

Great color if you want a quick way to really make your eyes look wide and awake. I wear Omega all over my lid and in my crease, with a light stroke of it under my eyes. And then lots of black mascara (Maybelline Stiletto). I didn't have to fuss with it and add more color, blend, add more, remove, etc. Just a quick swipe did the trick and transformed my eyes. I have tried this as a brow color as well but I prefer pencil because I like a more defined brow. I find that Omega works well over other colors as well to make them look softer and to open up the eyes. Basically this is an eye opening color, and I love finding those, because I'm a mom with two little ones, never get enough sleep, and I can use all the help I can get to look more alert than I really am :)