MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Omega

Filtered by skin type : Dry

4.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is such a workhorse! It matches my eyebrows. It's my go to contour. It fills in my hairline when I don't have bangs. It can look too ashy as an eyeshadow by itself, but it's my go to color when I need my hoods to recede more. This and Copperplate are the first eyeshadows I've ever hit pan on, and I'll buy it again in a heartbeat.

If only I could find this color as a mascara...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Omega. Where have you been all my life?

I am a blonde with blonde eyebrows and have been using Anastasia Brow Duo powder in Taupe for the past 3 years. I love it. However, I thought it might be fun to try Omega (love the Back to Mac program) since 99% of all blonde youtubers use it in their brows. It is a little darker than the Anastasia (light side color) and a hair warmer, but with my highlighted blonde hair --- it is magical! It looks so natural and fills in gaps and gives my face life! I will continue to use this and only this. Okay -- maybe a little brow wiz here and there -- but this is HG for me. It's also nice for a crease shade and even for an all over the lid shade for my blue eyes. Omega is life-changing for me!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'd heard Mac Omega is the best eyebrow color--a matte taupe. It works on my dark brows that are not as thick any more that I've gotten older. Some brow pencils are too dark, and I hate waxy pencils. I simply take a short bristled brush and brush this shadow into my brows. I have to admit, I've never used it as a taupe shadow and I assume it would be great, but this is sort of reserved "brows only." And I keep hitting pan--so would I rebuy? Yes.

I am SO confused by these reviews. I have blonde hair and light ashy eyebrows, and omega on my brows just isn't dark enough. It doesn't show up at all on me. I would much prefer to use Maybelline define-a-brow in dark blonde. And as an eyeshadow, it looks like my mascara tranferred to my eyelids, it's nasty. Would not recommend or repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a perfect crease base for me and my NC20-25 skin. It's really foolproof. Will always have this in my kit.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Good color overall - a nice minky shade for some natural-ish crease work, or for smoking/fading out darker eyeshadows. Being an extremely cool, almost ashy medium brown, you never run the risk of looking tired or sick, as you would with warm and orange-toned colors. However some caution is needed as this could easily look muddy or scruffy if not applied properly (aka, not recommended as an all over lid color for fair skin). Works like a dream as a brow filler for blond/light brunette people since, as I mentioned above, it's cool and not at all intense. It can come off a bit chalky at times but over a base there's no such issue and it just goes on flat and opaque and works great as a more "serious" contour color, as well as a more subtle bottom lashline option. This is one I would always like to have around, so I would repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Omega is one of my favourite shadows. It's a light to medium beigey taupe. It's very similar to wedge, which I've also tried, but wedge has more red/pink undertone. Great to wear as a soft wash or in the crease for a natural definition to the eyes. Also great for contouring for fair skin!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This may not look like much in the pan but it's a great colour for creating a very subtle crease contour on days when you are going for a natural look but want a bit of definition. It's also a very good colour for blending out darker crease colours when you want to have them fade subtly up toward the brow. And you can wear it lid to crease, again, for a very quick but finished look on days when you don't want to spend a lot of time putting on shadow, so it's great for an everyday work look if, like me, you would rather sleep for an extra half hour rather than spend that time on your eye makeup. Similar to Wedge but a bit cooler and, therefore, it works better for my skin tone.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Love this eyeshadow! I use it to fill in my brows. I have very thin, sparse, blond eyebrows, and this is one of the few powder shades that doesn't look too dark or too red toned. The formula also looks a lot more natural and soft than a pencil. I used to use the Mac eyebrow pencil in Fling, but I went through one pencil every 2-3 months. I have had this eyeshadow for 9+ months, and use it everyday. Haven't even hit pan yet! Great great purchase, I will definitely get it again.

Ashy cool-toned light brown. I use this shade to fill in my eyebrows and they look pretty natural. I purchased this eye shadow specifically for my eyebrows and have not used it on my lids and I doubt that I will because I like warmer browns around my eyes - such as Wedge.