MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Omega

Filtered by age: 44-55

4.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a dark blond with highlights and I found this to be a bit red and grey on me and darker than what I like in a brow color. It's slightly darker and more red/grey than Anastasia's brow powder in Blond, which makes it better for a more ashy look, but it was too dark for me. It also has a bit of shimmer in it, barely any, but for a matte, I find this very disappointing since I'm allergic. I can see where this would be the perfect color for most blonds. If you want something that's more gold, I would go with Anastasia, but I personally use the Estee Lauder Soft Blond Refillable, which is lighter than the Anastasia. Also, I find this a tad more warm than Fling.

So glad I bought this eyeshadow. It looks so boring but is a true workhorse for me. I use it several times each week for my crease and eyebrows.

Great color if you want a quick way to really make your eyes look wide and awake. I wear Omega all over my lid and in my crease, with a light stroke of it under my eyes. And then lots of black mascara (Maybelline Stiletto). I didn't have to fuss with it and add more color, blend, add more, remove, etc. Just a quick swipe did the trick and transformed my eyes. I have tried this as a brow color as well but I prefer pencil because I like a more defined brow. I find that Omega works well over other colors as well to make them look softer and to open up the eyes. Basically this is an eye opening color, and I love finding those, because I'm a mom with two little ones, never get enough sleep, and I can use all the help I can get to look more alert than I really am :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is my favorite MAC eyeshadow. It is a matte light taupe and it strikes a nice balance between light brown and gray. I like to use this as a base for other colors or for just wash of color on days when I don't want to fuss with a complicated eye design. I also use it as a brow color, which works great on my dark brown brows. My only wish is that the formula was a Matte 2. Don't get me wrong; the formula isn't bad on this. But I just love the buttery texture and blending ease of the Matte2s.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this a couple of weeks ago, and it's turning out to be the color I use when I just want to slap something on and get out the door. It requires very little blending and gives my eyes a little oomph without a lot of work. I've been using it as a lid color, but after reading other reviews, I'm going to try it in the crease. With Omega on my lids and brown/taupe liner (WNW Taupe pencil), I'm good to go. I've hit the pan on very few products in my life, but I can see it happening with Omega.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The is a mighty fine light gray-brown eyeshadow. And silly me, I'd put off buying it for a long time since it looked sort of blah in real life and online. But I finally succumbed due to Mac's ever helpful free shipping offers-which frequently draw me in like a siren dooms sailors to the rocks- and it turns out to be a brilliant neutral crease color for my light, peachy redhead's skin. Oddly enough, it's a better mlbb crease color than my warmer light brown crease shades (soft brown, bamboo, kid) due to the cool tones contrasting against my skin better. And it's better for my nc20 skin than copperplate since omega is a much lighter, cool brown as opposed to copperplate's dark, almost true gray tone. And there's the extra bonus pleasure that Omega can be used as a brow shadow should I want slightly darker, more dramatic brows. Very nice, indeed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

What took me so long to find this?

Omega looks soo boring, at first glance, but it's the perfect perfect perfect matte light beige taupe. At least to my eyes, Omega is very sliightly on the cool side of absolute neutral, but that's fine for me. If you're familiar with Stila Kamet, consider Omega's color a slightly more brown version of that shade.
If you, like I, crave understated neutral shadows to play up your eye color, you NEED Omega. I did havea bit of trouble getting enough color at first, but I find that if I lightly "rough up" the surface of my Omega with tweezers, it somehow "unlocks" the pigment.

This is a DEFINITE repurchase! In fact, I'm tempted to hoard Omega, but I could probably find a similar shade in a line such as Bobbi Brown, if necessary.
I know we just met, Omega, but I love you, and I'm ready to commit! ;)

continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This may not look like much in the pan but it's a great colour for creating a very subtle crease contour on days when you are going for a natural look but want a bit of definition. It's also a very good colour for blending out darker crease colours when you want to have them fade subtly up toward the brow. And you can wear it lid to crease, again, for a very quick but finished look on days when you don't want to spend a lot of time putting on shadow, so it's great for an everyday work look if, like me, you would rather sleep for an extra half hour rather than spend that time on your eye makeup. Similar to Wedge but a bit cooler and, therefore, it works better for my skin tone.

I got this as an eyebrow color. It's perfect for blondes. I wish there was a little eyebrow brush in with it, since it's a eye shadow I guess that's asking too much. I use a stiff little brush to apply it and it works. I will always use this color for eyebrows. It's a great light brown, no darkness in it and better yet it doesn't turn a wierd red that some eyebrow colors can. **UPDATE** Ok, I am now using this as a contour and a slight bronzer, it works for my coloring. This is like a true triple play, eybrows, cheeks and eyes...it's a must have for me!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

this is probably Wedge's older and darker sister.. it is a true neutral beige/grey/taupe shade and it has worked for me since 1993!

oh yes, I have hit pan on this ES many many times and will probably continue to do so... Many times I use it as a contour with Blanc Type on lids, and it defines the shape of my eyes. This is all I need on some days.

This is a near perfect color -- if you love matte neutrals, this is a must have.