MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Omega

Filtered by age: 25-29

4.3

i know this is a popular eyebrow shadow for blondes or light brunettes but i use this daily and i have dark brown, almost black hair. I like the color of omega, its a taupe without any red or orange. It looks very natural and not too harsh. omega is perfect for the inner part of the brows! Though id go a couple shades darker for the tail, maybe brun. I wouldnt repurchase because i like using pen style brow fillers. I do not like this as an eyeshadow for the eyes.

edit- i see a lot of people say this goes well on the eyes so ive been using this in the crease and i feel it might be too grey. It does look a bit unhealthy and dusty/dirty when its on my lids. It makes me look like i have undereye circles and just not right. I much prefer using my bronzer for a transition and crease color like Mac Matte Bronze bronzer or Soft Brown. Id jus stick to using this on the brows for now. I am C1 and this just didnt work as eyeshadow. It reminds me of patina but matte. I have a hard time wearing patina just on its own. Patina is great mixed with a darker brown but id never wear patina and omega togther because it just brings out the grey of eachother. Very dusty.

Pros -
Works for dark brown hair as brow shader
Easy to blend and stay true to color

Cons-
Not so great as a crease color pairing this with cooler lid shades as it turns very grey in certain lighting and looks ashy and dirty

Five years ago, the MAC sales associate recommended Omega on the lid and Saddle in the outer corner for my wedding. After wearing Omega daily for two years, I wanted to try something new. This time they recommended sable, which I love and wore for 2 more years. I still had Omega in my drawer and every time I looked at it I thought "That color looks so dirty and gross. How did I ever wear that?" Well....today after reading reviews and seeing so many comments for Omega, I decided to try it again. It is amazing! How did I ever put it away? I have cool-toned, fair skin and blue/gray eyes, and this color is perfect for my eyes. It is very natural looking. It's not gray, it's not brown, it's not taupe...I don't know what it is, but it's pretty much perfect. I will be wearing this regularly again.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know what I'd do without Omega! It is my absolute holy grail brow powder (paired with MAC Cork for a very slight ombre effect). It is one of the only shadows I'm pretty close to hitting pan on. I use this every day and have received several compliments on my brows. I also fall back on this for a cooler-toned neutral transition/crease color. I apply to brows with an angled brush, to lids with a fluffy pointed brush.

Pros:
* amazing brow color for darker blonde brows
* smooth application
* blendable on brows
* easy to fix mistakes
* very long-lasting
* generous amount of product
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* a bit drier than other MAC shadows
* can sometimes seem a bit chalky in the crease if not well blended

save your money!!!! I heard so much about this product being great for blondes eyebrows!! NOT TRUE. It does not suit a blonde at all! was really, really dark, and the texture was just awful.

This is one of those products I reach for everyday but don't even think about, I noticed today I have nearly run out and thought good ol' Omega deserved a review :)

It does look pretty boring at first glance, very light brown, looks sort of a dark beige applied very lightly and can also look slightly grey depending on what it's blended with or how much you put on.

I reach for this nearly every day, I use it on my eyebrows mixed with Charcoal Brown, I use it all over my lid for a quick easy neutral look, I use it with Blanc Type all over the lid and then Omega in the crease.
Omega with Blanc Type makes a really light lovely, I want to say a light smokey eye but it's not exactly smokey, just a really quick look that is easy and very flattering with a bit of brown eyeliner and/or mascara.

So I will definitely buy this again after realising how much I use it, very easy to use and a great staple for your bag out and about to do a quick bit of eyebrow filling or eye makeup etc :)

UPDATE: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with reviewers below that say that this is a light "greige" color, because it really is! It's somewhere between a brown, beige and grey. I'm NC25 and this barely shows up on me, but that's the beauty of it - it's great as a soft wash on the lids, or as a super natural crease color. The formula is typically Mac - not powdery, not dry, not buttery, but somewhere in between.

It is SORT OF a dupe of Velvet Revolver from the Too Face Natural Eye palette, although I believe VR is slightly more grey and slightly more noticeable on the eyes. Velvet Revolver is probably the reason why I won't buy Omega again - I like that VR shows up a bit better on me and looks faintly "smokey", whereas Omega is great for a natural eye and not much else. I don't find myself reaching for it all that often, although it' a lovely color if you don't have anything similar.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

OMG just the color I was looking for! I love to use this with a shimmery white and with this color on the crease. I looks so natural and beautiful. It is a matte taupey color with a hint of grey, on me it gives off a more taupe color. I would definetly repurchase this

It's been said a million times that Omega is great for brows, but what I like to use it for is my transition... well not on its own, but mixed with Kid or Wedge. When I am doing a look that calls for a cooler transition I reach for Omega. Used on it's own it can look a little flat, so I like to add just a little warmth from one of the others. I did a "Guide to MAC Transition Colors" on my blog, so feel free to check it out if you'd like!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a very unassuming color in the pan. It's a boring looking basic that is soooo useful if you are pale and cool toned. I use it for my eyebrows (I have red hair so it works for not just blonds). I like it in the crease for blending when UD naked and MAC wedge or kid are too dark and too warm (Malt is also great for this). I feel like MAC matte finishes are hit or miss and this one is a hit (Malt is a bit of a miss). It's not quite as buttery as a matte2 but close. I can also use it to contour my face. It's a perfect contour color on me. It's not an exciting color to buy, but is soooo useful and has such a nice texture.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i would describe this as a cool-toned light/medium taupe. but there are so many pics of it here online that you dont really need me to tell you that ;) i will say, the pic above, where Omega is in the lower left of the quad, is acurate 100%.
this is actually my first, and so far ONLY, MAC eyeshadow. i just cant be bothered to regularly buy shadows that are, what, $14 a pop? but for this color, i really couldnt find a dupe. all the other taupe/ light brown colors i looked at and tried were too warm for my purposes. i wanted this as an all-over contour color, as well as a brow filler color, AND a shadow color. my skin is around NC15, even lighter on parts that dont get any sun and dont have past sun damage. my hair is lightest ash brown at the roots, with strawberry blonde natural highlights here and there. i henna my hair regularly to add a more red color to it. my brows are naturally quite dark on the inner part, but blone (so you cant even really see them) on the outer parts. so i bleach the darker parts to match, and then fill in all of my brows. i wish i liked this more as a brow filler, but it really is for the VERY fair browed ladies for brow filler. i can use this as brow filler right after i bleach my brows, but if they've at all grown in darker again then this is too light.

but that's ok, b/c its the PERFECT contour color! its there enough to actually SHOW a contour, but doesnt look too ovious at all. i use it below cheekbones, as well as on temples, sides of nose bridge, and very top of forehead. it blends well, and is decently pigmented. with what i use it for, i wouldnt want it to be any more pigmented.

as far as using at as a eyeshadow, it's nice for days when i dont want much on my eyes, and also as a transition color.

when i run out i will repurchase, unless i've magically found some cheaper dupe.

i should note, i tried the supposed NYX dupe, and it was slightly shimmery (this is matte), and it was really hard to get any on the brush :(

UPDATE: 7/30/12
still loving this! i'm still using it as a contour color (under my cheekbones, and on the bridge of my nose/inner eye socket area, as well as a tad bit under my lower lip to create the illusion if fuller lips). also, i've found that if i dont use quite so much in the outer part of my brows, it works just great as a brow filler! if i wet my brush and use a while lot then it looks too obvious, but a wet brush with just a little looks really natural. so if this wasnt working for you at 1st as a brow filler, you might want to give it another go! as of today, i would still 100% re-buy :)