4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

From the 2010 China Glaze "Vintage Vixen" collection, this is a soft, muted, warm, medium brown with gold shimmer. On the nail, it's somewhat darker than it appears in the bottle, and the gold shimmer is less visible. The shimmer (which is also a bit of a surface iridescence in the right light) serves to give this a really nice, warm colour lift, and stops this from being flat and dull like so many greyed browns can be. This colour feels luxurious and sophisticated, like cashmere or maybe silk. Formula is very good, doesn't drag or streak or pool. Two coats is absolutely opaque. This colour is okay with my cool, pale complexion (it may be just a bit warm, as it tends to very slightly bring out the redness, but only slightly), and while I do wear browns frequently, I don't normally like muted colours much. I do like this one, though, probably because of the gold shimmer/iridescence. I bought this based on a couple of reviews I stumbled on while looking for something else and was intrigued enough to take a chance and order it. I'm glad I did, because this is an extremely nice polish, and unlike anything else in my collection.

About reviewer (301 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairGrey, Wavy, Other

6 years ago

This polish is a creme with a gold shimmer & dries a little on the gray side. It's long lasting & doesn't chip fast. It doesn't require too many coats but the color goes a little muddy against my skin when it's tan.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3.0

7 years ago

This is a very pretty color when it dries, but I had to put three to four coats on each nail on to have an opaque finish! The consistency is creamy, but the brush makes it difficult to apply smoothly because the polish drips down the handle of the brush when it's been nestled in the bottle. Not a bad polish, but not worth the $8.

About reviewer (120 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

from

7 years ago

Applies smooth and dries satisfyingly. Looks nice on short nails too.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

1.0

8 years ago

Bummer. This just didn't work for me. Looks like mud on my nails. Not pretty. I was hoping for a kind of edgy but still flattering look but this just didn't cut it. I might try again on toes. Very sad.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

8 years ago

Just like many of us I have thing for taupe nail polishes :) and Ingrid is one my favorite out of all the taupe polishes I own. Other than the amazing color, with China Glaze polishes one coat does it, dries super fast, and I guess it has something to do with the brush, it applies very smoothly with minimum flaws. Will purchase other colors from this brand.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

I usually don’t wear brown because I think it doesn’t compliment my skin tone very well, but when I saw the swatch for this polish I thought that I should enlarge my polish collection with this particular brown. And it was a wise decision. This shade is too gorgeous. It is a kind of dusty medium brown / dark taupe packed with very fine golden shimmer. The weather is horrible for the moment so I didn’t get a chance to see it under direct sunlight, but I’m very happy to see that the golden shimmer is still noticeable indoors, so it never looks plain brown. Formula is perfect, shiny and as smooth as a plain creme. The brush is precise and the polish glides on the nail effortlessly, and it gets completely opaque in two coats. If you don’t own a similar colour, this is a must-have fall shade.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

from

9 years ago

Another winner from china glaze. Being a taupe polish junkie, I had to have this one and it certainly doesn't disappoint at all! <P> I have most of the standard taupes (i.e. OPI Over the taupe, YDKJ, Essie Mink Muff, $OPI Metro Chic) ... what I love about this though is the addition of the gold microglitter/shimmer infused throughout. It just takes it from being a run-of-the-mill taupe to having a little something extra to draw the eye and kick it up a notch. This is a great shade for that transitional period between summer to fall, fall to winter, since it's not too light, nor even close to "vamp". A perfect neutral that is timeless. Another great shade from China Glaze!

About reviewer (1078 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

I love this color looks very chic,dark,mysterious and sophisticated. I expected it to be a bit darker but its a medium dark color . You definitely need to apply 2 coats with this the first coat applies very sheer but with the second coat you can have full coverage. The texture is a bit thin and slightly watery but as I said with 2 coats the color becomes opaque . Its a medium dark brownish grey color looks very unusual and unique if you ask me and has a tiny amount of shimmer in it

About reviewer (462 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

I can't believe I ignored this color for so long.Ingrid came out with the fall Vixen collection by China Glaze.It's a brown/ dark taupe color with copper micro glitter. The formula was smooth and it dried in reasonable time. It's a great color when I'm in the mood for a brown/nude but with punch this is great.

About reviewer (138 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Dark, Cool