NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Walkyrie

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Walkyrie

4.9

on 10/15/2017 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the color I have been looking forever and ever. Color of my dreams..this is what Wet&Wild Give Me Mocha used to look on me and then they went and changed it to a more pinker version. Walkyrie is perfect balance brown, pink and terracotta. You will never ever find a drugstore dupe of color, trust me I have searched and never found even remotely close. On a NC40 Indian girl with pigmented lips, finding a deeper nude that is not too pink or brown or terracotta is like winning the lottery. NARS I am begging you to never ever discontinue this product and please change it to a retractable pencil. This lip pencil is super long wearing. Without eating and just drinking it will last 4/5 hours. It is so light you don't even feel it on your lips. It is pricey but well worth it for me, since it is my "My Lips But Even Better" color. Sigh!!!! now I need to sharpen it in a way that I do not lose much product :((( Wish NARS made this color permanent in the lipstick form.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Got this at the impulse stand at Sephora and oh my goodness. I've received many compliments on the color. Plus it lasts all day. No need for reapplication. Doesn't dry out my lips which I appreciate greatly. Smooth texture. I've eaten with it on. And I love it. Will repurchase

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I adore this. ADORE it.

If you already own Dolce Vita, this is a darker version of it.

If you don't own Dolce Vita, then I would describe this little gem as a dusty brown rose matte colour which leans a tad bit more brown than pink.

I do not agree that it is perfect only for medium to dark skintones. I have light skintone with yellow undertones and this looks amazing on me.

It slides on smoothly like all Matte Velvet Lip pencils, and it lasts a long time.

The only two things i hate about it is the PRICE, and the fact that you need a sharpener. I wish it was retractable instead, to avoid losing so much product.

If you can afford it, id say go for it. You won't be disappointed.

If not, then save your money because it is an easily dupable shade.

on 1/6/2016 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

What not to love! It is matte,but goes on buttery. The colour is just GORGEOUS. Sephora describes it as “warm coral red”. It isn’t.

I would describe it as warm terracotta rose. It’s similar to Dolce Vita, but more brown. It’s very flattering and compliments any style of makeup I wear.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I will always own a Walkyrie. It is a colour which never fails me and the wear and feel of a NARS velvet matte lip pencil can't be beat. All my friends wear this colour and love it so it's very versatile! For the price it's awesome, it is heavily pigmented so you don't need heaps and the pencil will last a long time. Sharpening it breaks my heart, I almost wanna save the shavings and use them. My olive yellow skin loves this muted brown pink shade. It looks super 90s but modern and wearable.

on 10/8/2016 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my go-to matte lip product. I got this shade specifically because I found it to be unique. It is stunning - a brownish, reddish/brick colour, kind of 90s but still modern, not too dark, not too light. It looks beautiful on my casper white complexion.

Now onto the formula. The pencil is very creamy, very pigmented, glides on the lips nicely. Why I love this pencil so much is because the colour is buildable. Just a few dabs on the lips and you have a beautiful stain, one glide gives you a nice unfussy colour, two swipes top and bottom lip gives you fully opaque bold lip look. It is just multi-use and the justifies the price!!

The only things to have in mind is that the pencil could be a little drying, it transfers and it bleeds, especially when you drink or eat. But, hey, Nars never said this is a long-wear lip product!

on 7/27/2015 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love the color. It is perfect for my medium neutral skintone. I personally hate the packaging because I only have to use it once or twice, then have to sharpen it again. It is a bit waxy and not long wearing, but because of the color and the fact that I cannot find a proper dupe, I will repurchase.
To the reviewers below: if you take a pushpin and poke a hole in the top of the cap, it will not pop off unexpectedly any longer. I have three of these pencils and this method has worked beautifully.

on 3/3/2015 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is my second Walkyrie. I lost my first one and had to repurchase. I love the nars matte lipstick so much, I also have Train Bleu but can't wear it as often as this pencil. It's such a unique beautiful shade on my skin. I think it would compliment many skin tones. I have olive skin and it looks really nice.

The price is expensive but the quality it totally worth it. Unlike Mac matte lipsticks, I don't need to use another outer lipliner with this, it stays in place and doesn't bleed. So I kind use this logic to justify the cost of the purchase. I <3 it.

on 7/26/2015 11:20:00 AM

Holy grail work color! This is great on my NC 42 deep tan skin! It's similar to Mac Taupe but just a tad more coral. I will never be without this. Love love love

on 1/19/2015 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my third time purchasing from the Velvet Matte line, and I'm thoroughly pleased. My first was Cruella - a gorgeous, deep, cooler-toned red. My second (and only disappointing of the bunch) was Train Bleu, which is a gorgeous shade, but it fades in weird ways and looks super unflattering if your lips aren't plump and soft. Seeing as I was one for two with these lip crayons, I was hesitant to purchase Walyrie, but when I went on the hunt at Sephora for the perfect rusty brown shade, this rose to the occasion.
The color is stunning. It's exactly what I've been looking for and up to now have been unable to find. I wanted a reddish brown that wasn't dark, but wasn't so light that it came off as a nude, and that's the best way I can describe this shade. It looks amazing paired with a smoky sepia eye and neutral cheeks.
The texture is consistent with the rest of the line in that it's very matte, extremely lightweight and comfortable, and a tad bit drying if proper lip prep isn't exercised first. It applies evenly without tugging and has incredible staying power. It does transfer a bit, but it certainly isn't slippery or waxy.
I'm not a fan of the packaging on these, as I feel a twist-up design would have been more suitable. I find that sharpening results in wasted product, and at this rather heft price point, wasted product is unacceptable. Also, the cap has to be put on twice in order to really lock it in place or it'll sort of "spring" off, which has happened to me numerous times with Cruella, to the point that I put it in a separate plastic baggy whenever I'd travel with it to avoid it getting all over my belongings. The matte finish on the cap also begins to flake off, almost like dried Elmer's glue. Very strange.
At $25, these are expensive, but it's NARS, so really, it should be expected that you'll pay a high price for these. But in spite of the packaging woes, I do still feel that overall, these are great lip products. The colors are beautiful and vivid, they aren't super drying for a matte formula, and the staying power is fantastic.