Jouer luminizing moisture tint

Jouer luminizing moisture tint

Actives: Titanium dioxide 0.05%, zinc oxide 0.05%. Inactives: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, propylene glycol, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, sodium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, panax ginseng root extract, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, camellia oleifera leaf extract, phytantriol, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, boron nitride, glycerin, palmitic acid, dextrin palmitate, sodium hyaluronate, butylene glycol, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: Titanium dioxide, mica, iron oxides

I was really hoping to love this because of the positive reviews. I have light-medium with cool toned skin and got the pearl. The pros - sheer, moisturizing and nice consistency. Cons - glitter, glitter and more glitter. I can see using this at night but never during the day. Before you decide to wear this make sure to check it in natural light.

Me: mid-40s with dry skin, prone to a bit of redness on my cheeks, occasional breakouts (in certain spots only), flakiness around my nose, and kind of large pores on my nose and cheeks (I'm not nearly as unattractive as this makes me sound!). My problem with almost every foundation, bb cream, cc cream, tinted moisturizer, etc. that I have tried in recent years is that they 1) make my pores look enormous, and 2) feel like a mask on my skin. I did like the Chanel CC Cream, La Mer tinted moisturizer, and La Prairie foundation, but I am trying to switch to all cruelty-free products.

I got matched in person for the Jouer at a small boutique makeup shop with good natural light. The MA insisted on giving me either the Opal or the Pearl (I can't remember which and the writing has worn off the tube). In her defense, I think it really does match my neck, but it is a tiny bit light for my face. I love the feeling of this: it gives me a bit of coverage and evens out my skin tone and it DOES NOT make my pores look hideous. From afar (or in dim light) my skin looks great and glowy. That said, I think it is a bit too sparkly for me, even though I don't think it is too sparkly in general, if that makes sense. My biggest problem with this is that I personally feel like I need to powder over it, whereas with the Chanel CC cream, I could just slap it on and go.

When I run out of this, I will probably try something else, but I may come back to it in the future - it really is a nice product, I'm just not sure it is HG for me.

*Pearl* Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint is my go-to night time foundation. It feels silky smooth, and is sheer, but can be layered for more coverage without pilling. There is a slight shimmer to the finish so I don't like to wear this in bright lights. I really prefer that shimmer be on my eyes and lips and not all over my face.
At night and in low light Jouer Luminizing Tint is SO flattering. It gives me a lit within glow and I feel very lady-like. My husband always says my skin looks so soft and young on date night. I'm pretty sure it's because of this product.

Pros: Never large chunks of shimmer, buildable coverage, soft glow finish,

Cons: Strays if your skin becomes oily or sweaty, looks less than natural in sunlight or bright lighting due to slight shimmer finish. Can be considered costly.

on 6/12/2016 7:06:00 AM

Again, this is another very good BB-type foundation. Definitely another go-to for the summer or light coverage to everyday work wear. This was my makeup company of the year find, as I also purchase their anti-aging primer (more like a moisturizer.) I'm combination skin, NC40-42 (but I'm less orangy), near perfect match is YSL Touche Eclat Le Teint BD60 (spring), Lancôme Teint Visionnaire 045 (summer), Urban Decay Naked Skin 6.0 (winter), Natasha Denona Face Glow 42 (winter to spring,and must try!) is also a great match for me. Urban Decay's One & Done (Medium for me) is in the same vein as this, but this gives better coverage. I purchase the Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in Bronzed. Note that it give a bit of a shine, so oily-skinned ladies might not care for it or you may want to powder with a fine powder (non-color RCMA for example).

on 2/23/2016 8:02:00 AM

Another product by Jouer which is absolutely amazing. I enjoy using this tinted moisturizer so much - it really does provide some moisture (but I do use my usual skincare underneath), evens out the skintone with redness and imperfections while still leaving a natural finish. Speaking of the finish: the glow that this gives is absolutely heavenly and unsurpassed by any other product. Even though my skin is far from perfect, it makes it look healthy, nourished, plump while not turning me into a glittery disco ball. If I want a bit more coverage while still keeping the glow I use a bit of concealer and a glowy mineral foundation like Bare Minerals Original Foundation on top, or if I want to tone down the glow-factor, I lightly dust a mattifying powder on top. This stuff is perfection in a tube, and I would buy it again the minute I ran out of it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Received a sample with purchase, tried it on, bought it the next day. It's a beautiful tinted moisturizer that gives the skin that coveted dewy look. I don't view this as a foundation, but rather a skin enhancer. I wouldn't wear this if I had problem areas that need more coverage. However, this is perfect if you're not really in the mood to put makeup on but you still want a pop of color so you don't look dead. Truly, I just put it on like a regular moisturizing cream. It doesn't take any precision or blending at all.

on 9/1/2015 10:24:00 PM

I got a sample of this in a Birchbox and honestly think this is one of my favorite light foundations. It doesn't give much coverage, but it really gives a beautiful sheen to your skin. It's also long lasting and doesn't ball up my skin. Admittedly, I think it's a bit too expensive for what it provides but it's just a nice product to slap on in the morning when you want to look a bit more radiant.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am a huge fan of tinted moisturizers. I had heard that the Jouer ones were amazing and because I am not a fan of matte skin I chose the Luminizing one. I absolutely love it. It gives sheer-light coverage and evens while looking like real skin. The only reason I gave it 4/5 lippies is because I was expecting a bit more coverage based on reviews saying the coverage was more between a tinted moisturizer and a foundation. However, I still love it. I have very little to cover and it makes my complexion look fresh, youthful, and healthy. I also read a lot of reviews saying it's shimmery. Not true at all. It contains minerals that help add a Luminizing finish but in no way does it look shimmering on skin. Highly recommend this product. It also really reminds me of the Tarte BB Tinted Moisturizer if you have ever tried that.

on 6/11/2015 2:15:00 PM

This is thee absolute best product I've ever used as far as coverage and all around texture when applied to skin. I can't believe that Sephora doesn't carry this!! Sephora may carry it on line but I know it's not in their store. I've tried all the top name brands and local

on 5/26/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily skin and already use Jouer Matte tint but at times I find it too look to cakey or matte. I decided to give the Illuminating tint a try. By itself it is way to shimmery and doesn't provide as much coverage as the matte tint. However when I mix the two together it is perfect! I have a light-medium skin tone and use the Golden shade in the Illuminating tint and the Nude in the Matte tint.