Tarte Cosmetics TEN Limited Edition Collectors Palette (eyeshadows)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Tarte Cosmetics TEN Limited Edition Collectors Palette (eyeshadows)

2.7

on 11/30/2012 4:45:00 PM

This is my first purchase with Tarte cosmetics. Let me begin by saying the packaging is absolutely gorgeous, and it is very study. It comes with an eyeshadow brush, a double-sided eyeliner in black and plum, a free mini mascara, and 10 generously sized eyeshadows.

Despite being in love with the pretty, glitzy packaging, I do have a few complaints. First, the mascara that came with it was incredibly dry and did virtually nothing to my lashes since no product would even adhere to my lashes due to its dryness. Second, the double-ended liner was mediocre. It applied somewhat dry and clumpy on my eyes, so I wasn't a fan. And third, the majority of the shadows had a lot of fall-out, lacked pigmentation, and were not true to the colors in the pan in that they apply very, very light. Almost like a sheer wash of color that you must apply several times to get somewhat of an impact.

On the flip side, the 3 matte colors (light beige, almost black, and the brown) were more pigmented in comparison with the jewel toned colors and shimmers. The light beige was actually quite pigmented. In terms of the rest of the colors which consisted of shimmers and jewel tones, they all had a very light, washed-out sheerness to them. The colors are so pretty in the pans, but expect to cake this stuff on your lids with lots of primer to get any effect from them.

If you are looking for a highly pigmented shadow palette that will produce dramatic looks, this is not the palette for you. But if you are looking for the natural, light-makeup look with subtle hints of color, then perhaps this is your palette.

Again, this palette's case looks beautiful, the palette's color theme is an elegant mix of warm and cool colors, and I can really appreciate how Tarte's products are 100% natural and won't harm your skin or health. The only downside is that the colors are very sheer and lack pigmentation, especially for such a high-end brand. (but i got this for a sale price of only $21 on cyber monday)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wouldn't buy this again because I want to try different palettes.

I like how I can depot. It's a cute travelling palette.

I always use a primer and cream base before applying eyeshadow. Good eyeshadows don't need all that but it helps.

Quite more vibrant with that and lasts all day even with my oily eyelids.

on 12/18/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first time trying TARTE and it was just a disaster...These eyeshadows were made in china and it really showed it, the color isnt really colors its like there's no pigment at all the green, teal, black, silver were all almost the same color...I expected it to be very high quality but it wasnt at all what I expected. When I apply the eyeshadows it instantly flaked off I usually use Revlon and I WILL continue to use Revlon eyeshadows compared to this. And the Duo eyeliner that came with it was smudggy...I rather use LOREAL'S eyeliners it's much cheaper and lasts all day literally...Next time I'll just purchase MAC!

*any ideas of what colors is best in mac, I usually wear a gray and black smokey eye let me know if you have any ideas or advice...Thanks*