Tarte TEN Limited Edition Collectors Palette (eyeshadows)

Filtered by age: 25-29
Tarte TEN Limited Edition Collectors Palette (eyeshadows)

3.5

on 11/30/2012 4:45:00 PM

This is my first purchase with Tarte cosmetics. Let me begin by saying the packaging is absolutely gorgeous, and it is very study. It comes with an eyeshadow brush, a double-sided eyeliner in black and plum, a free mini mascara, and 10 generously sized eyeshadows.

Despite being in love with the pretty, glitzy packaging, I do have a few complaints. First, the mascara that came with it was incredibly dry and did virtually nothing to my lashes since no product would even adhere to my lashes due to its dryness. Second, the double-ended liner was mediocre. It applied somewhat dry and clumpy on my eyes, so I wasn't a fan. And third, the majority of the shadows had a lot of fall-out, lacked pigmentation, and were not true to the colors in the pan in that they apply very, very light. Almost like a sheer wash of color that you must apply several times to get somewhat of an impact.

On the flip side, the 3 matte colors (light beige, almost black, and the brown) were more pigmented in comparison with the jewel toned colors and shimmers. The light beige was actually quite pigmented. In terms of the rest of the colors which consisted of shimmers and jewel tones, they all had a very light, washed-out sheerness to them. The colors are so pretty in the pans, but expect to cake this stuff on your lids with lots of primer to get any effect from them.

If you are looking for a highly pigmented shadow palette that will produce dramatic looks, this is not the palette for you. But if you are looking for the natural, light-makeup look with subtle hints of color, then perhaps this is your palette.

Again, this palette's case looks beautiful, the palette's color theme is an elegant mix of warm and cool colors, and I can really appreciate how Tarte's products are 100% natural and won't harm your skin or health. The only downside is that the colors are very sheer and lack pigmentation, especially for such a high-end brand. (but i got this for a sale price of only $21 on cyber monday)

on 9/9/2011 8:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

If you like to do colorful looks but on the softer, more subtle side, then this palette is for you. There are only two matte which are also neutral shades (a matte vanilla and a matte "almost black" and the rest are gorgeous shimmers that are not glitterbombs nor do they have obvious shimmer particulars, they apply with more of a sheen. The amethyst is my favorite; really brings out the green in my hazel eyes.

I will note that to achieve the full intensity of the color of the pan, you will need to apply a primer (I use UDPP) and maybe do a couple coats of the eyeshadow but I prefer the look one coat's worth gives me.

If you're like me and hate using boring neutrals day in and day out for work, then this palette is for you.

Also, I plan on checking on emailing Tarte and askingwhere the eyeshadows are manufactured because I'm pretty sure just the palette itself was made in china.