La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

3.6

2018: •AQUA / WATER•GLYCERIN•DIMETHICONE•ISOCETYL STEARATE•NIACINAMIDE•ISOPROPYL LAUROYL SARCOSINATE•SILICA•AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE•METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER•POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE•SORBITAN OLEATE•ZINC PCA•GLYCERYL STEARATE SE•ISOHEXADECANE•SODIUM HYDROXIDE•MYRISTYL MYRISTATE•2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL•ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE•MANNOSE•POLOXAMER 338•DISODIUM EDTA•CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID•CAPRYLYL GLYCOL•VITREOSCILLA FERMENT•XANTHAN GUM•POLYSORBATE 80•ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER•SALICYLIC ACID•PIROCTONE OLAMINE•PARFUM / FRAGRANCE*********** Previous ingredients: Salicylic acid - 0.5 aqua, glycerin, cyclohexasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, niacinamide, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, silica, mathyl methacrylate crosspolymer, glyceryl stearate se, piroctone olamine, caprylloyl glycine, myristyl myristate, potassium cetyl phosphate, capryloyl salicylic acid, caprylyl glycol, sodium hydroxide, zinc pca, nylon-12, linoleic acid, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, parfum.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This doesnt irritate my skin. Texture doesnt feel sticky or leaves a residue on your skin. On a larger scale i may have lesser pimples and my marks faded a little, but i have not really seen anything dramatic.

on 9/13/2018 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I wrote a whole long review but deleted it. I don't have cystic acne like some people, but I would occasionally get some, plus infected whiteheads I messed with. So I hoped products like this would cut the infection rate. Basically I hated BP treatments since using Kate Somerville Anti Bac Clearing lotion. It made my skin taught, shiny, flakey and raw while I still had breakouts. It was a mess. Because I'm more dry than oily, these types of treatments tend to be disastrous.

Eventually I tenatively tried this and thought it was working better, but after some time I felt the same. Oddly, I use Clean and Clear 10% BP as well as Equate's version and those are fine. But every time I pull this out, it does the same. I tried enough times to give it another chance until I just chucked it. So maybe it works for some, but it messes my skin up badly.

on 8/13/2018 12:46:00 PM

I think this is a great SPOT treatment. I can't imagine using it all over my face, though.

If I feel a blemish coming on, I use this along with Persagel and it usually goes away. Not overnight, but it doesn't become a nightmare.

This combo DOES cause dryness. So, I would not use a lot. If you get scaliness. I'd slather on thick Aloe Vera gel and you should be good by morning. Things will peel away.

on 6/27/2018 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Holy grail! I use the European version with salisylic acid, and this totally cleared my skin after it went haywire when I went on Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism. It helps keep my skin relatively oil free, works great under foundation. I used to use it morning and night, but noticed it works just as good if only used in the morning, and one tube has lasted me about 7 months now, just bought a second one. Liked this so much I also bought the tinted one, it is a really good substitution for foundation if you only need light coverage.

I actually recently stopped using this, and three days later my skin was breaking out again so I definitely saw how effective this is, as I haven't really had any breakouts for the 6 months that I've been using this.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I had a Breakout of adult acne a few months ago. This came out of the blue although I've always been prone to spots here and there. It got really bad to a point where I wouldn't want to even walk around the house without make-up on despite my husband's reassurance, which is not something i've been bothered about before. In desperation I searched for something which might get my skin back under control. I came across the reviews for La Roche posay and decided to give it a go. I was wary of allergic reaction like some reviewers so tried a little tester on my skin in boots prior to purchase. No issues for me and within a few days of using the moisturizer my skin was much better. A few weeks later I decided to buy all three products in the range which is more than I would usually spend but I loved the moisturizer so much I was willing to invest. Now my skin is probably the best it's ever been. I don't even need to wear foundation anymore. I haven't had a spot in ages and my skin feels clear and glowing. I would definitely recommend these products to anyone prone to spots

on 5/10/2018 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product worked surprisingly well for me!
Long story short, I was on roaccutane for 10 months and I finished my last cycle in February. I was left with some mild ice pick scars on my right cheek, so the holes/divots were pretty noticeable and I had some dark spots in that area too. My mum recommended I try this because her friend's son was using this to clear up his scars after also being on roaccutane. So, I gave it a shot and I've been using it for around 3 weeks now, I was sort of hoping for fast results but I'm pretty happy with how my skin texture is now. Although there are still some light brown spots I'll keep using it to see the results! Guess it's a hit and miss for some though.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really wanted to try this product because it contains a combination of 5% micronized benzoyl peroxide and .3% Lipo hydroxy acid also known as Caproloyl Salicylic Acid. I typically use either Persa-gel 10% micronized benzoyl peroxide or the Walgreens brand version of Persa-gel with excellent results for my clogged, large pores and the cystic acne on my forehead. I did not find Effaclar Duo to be as effective as Persa-gel. This does not keep my pores as cleaned out as Persa-gel and does not work as quickly on drying up pimples. I expected a better quality product for this price point.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Do not purchase if you have sensitive skin, and do not ignore the fact that your skin is sensitive.
When struggling to get rid of my acne I was recommended a string of La Poche Rosay products from my local pharmacist.
None of the products worked, made my skin angry, red, raw and feeling similar to that of burns. They also left red/brown marks which didn't leave my face for weeks.
It broke down my skin too far.
Not worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have used this for almost 2 years now. This has always been my HG. When I first started using it, I remember my skin's condition has improved little by little over the month. Not a fast result but overall it did a pretty good job. I use this daily, sometimes with La Roche-Posay AI but AI doesn't do much tho. My skin is less oily now and acne has appeared less (not disappear completely because I'm still finding a good targeted treatment). Overall, LRP Duo is always my go-to acne product.

on 11/11/2017 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

DO NOT BUY IF YOU HAVE DRY OR SENSITIVE SKIN!

This was recommended to me by a sales lady at a pharmacy when she noticed I had blackheads and open pores. This cream caused me to have a red rash and super dry skin! The skin around my lips are on fire and so red and flaky! I had to go to the hospital to get ointments to help reduce the redness and itchiness. Very very disappointed in this cream and would not recommend to anyone.