La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

3.6

Salicylic acid - 0.5% aqua, glycerin, cyclohexasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, niacinamide, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, silica, mathyl methacrylate crosspolymer, glyceryl stearate se, piroctone olamine, caprylloyl glycine, myristyl myristate, potassium cetyl phosphate, capryloyl salicylic acid, caprylyl glycol, sodium hydroxide, zinc pca, nylon-12, linoleic acid, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, parfum.

on 4/23/2017 9:33:00 AM

This product really helped to clear my skin!

I have combination-dry skin. I recently bought a new Sukin moisturiser which made my skin completely freak out. I mean big cysts all over my chin, pimples on my forehead, rough cheeks. Disaster!!

I decided to give this a go. I use the face wash once a night and add 1-2 drops of tea tree oil. Since my skin can get quite dry especially in winter I didn't find the moisturiser to be enough so I also use Nivea Soft.

After about 4 days my skin was pretty much clear!

I think it's best suited for oily skin but it's gentle and hasn't dried my skin out! Definitely need extra moisturiser though, if you have dry skin.

on 4/19/2017 3:07:00 AM

I read a lot compliments about this product and I gave it a try when my skin is in a break-out recently. My skin is oily, blemish. On the first few days, the cream works life a charm, new acnes stopped appearing, my skin look a bit smoothier. I kept using it next 2 weeks but the effects decrease, new pimples still there. The cream seems have neither effect on pimples nor cyst I would say. I am patiently keep using my first tube affaclar and see if it improve anything.

DISCLOSING THAT I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS YET.
I just wanted to point out, to assist for those people looking for honest appropriate reviews to actual products.

The comments before me on the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo , in regards to the ingredients being comedogenic. I think you guys must meant to review the Effaclar Duo+ or misunderstood the ingredient list. The Effaclar Duo being reviewed here does NOT contain highly comedogenic ingredients at all and doesn't contain MYRISTYL MYRISTATE (but Duo+ does).

That being said, just because something is not known/listed as being comedogenic and even if the company claims it won't clog pores, does not guarantee that it won't. Everyone's skin is different.

Just wanted to point that there are two different products being reviewed.

on 3/28/2017 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This only helped with certain pimples and after a few uses lost its effect. I had better, quicker and longer-lasting results with Avene's Cleanance Expert so I would recommend that over this.

on 3/26/2017 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and usually have only 1 or 2 pimples when i have period and thats all. Having seen lots of positive comments about La Roche Posay effacer, I decided to buy the whole set of cleanser, toner and this cream.

However, i've been using it for a week and it gave me little red small pimples all over my face. which after i checked for the ingredients turns out that it has lots of HIGH COMEDOGENIC ingredients that cause pimples in the cleanser and this cream.

You can check yourself here http://www.caryskincare.com/acnecomedogeniclist.html

I don't want other people to waste money like me. So if you are thinking of buying it, i hope this comment changes your mind!!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm a big fan of this! I have sensitive, dry skin which is still mildly acne prone. I have had so much trouble finding something that's both affective in preventing and treating acne BUT doesn't irritate the crap out of my skin. La Roche Posay has been a life saver for me. This not only heals acne faster but I've had a huge decrease in amount of eruptions and it's hydrating. For me, I always go back to this. I try out other things periodically but this is holy grail. Have repurchased again and again over the last couple years and can't see myself stoping any time soon.

on 3/12/2017 3:41:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL!!!! Use this at night and Effaclar K during the day (better make up base) I've been using this for about 6 years now!

on 2/16/2017 4:48:00 AM

I have acne-prone skin and unfortunatelly as an adult still get some hormonal acne(I'm 33). Effaclar duo cleared my skin firstly but after about a week I started to get instead of 5 zits 3X more on places where usually don't get any. I checked ingredients carefully again(usually has no problem with La Roche cosmetic products) and even it says the cream is non-comedogenic, one of the main ingredients is MYRISTYL MYRISTATE which is HIGHLY COMEDOGENIC/Pore Clogging ingredient (5 out of 5!!!)...so if u have some zits even occationally or ordinary and don't want make your skin worse please avoid products which contains that ingredient...even if they say it's non-comedogenic rather do your homework and check ingredients carefully otherwise you can do more harm than good to your skin.

on 1/26/2017 3:35:00 AM

No joke, my skin got way better after 2 days of use. Only my acne spots start to peel off, but the rest of my face doesn't feel dry at all. Holy grail product for me.

on 1/24/2017 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hmmm I was between 2 or 3 when it came to rate this product so here's my review. I have been using it for 1 year . The first two months I notice a difference actually I hadn't a severe kind of acne my skin was almost clean but I wanted it perfect. Unfortunately the next months that passed by it didn't work out for me well I think ...actually I believe that it made my skin even worse cause I developed atopic dermatitis.I am still using it but I think I will replace it with my old one avene clenance expert although it caused some problems too.