La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

3.6

Salicylic acid - 0.5% aqua, glycerin, cyclohexasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, niacinamide, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, silica, mathyl methacrylate crosspolymer, glyceryl stearate se, piroctone olamine, caprylloyl glycine, myristyl myristate, potassium cetyl phosphate, capryloyl salicylic acid, caprylyl glycol, sodium hydroxide, zinc pca, nylon-12, linoleic acid, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, parfum.

I've found this treatment works as good as my prescribed acne cream and cost less than half the price of it! I use it as a night cream and a spot treatment in the morning. Never had any reaction which is a miracle with my very sensitive skin.

I also use the Effaclar Matt Moisturizer in the morning and wash my face with Effaclar purifying gel cleanser.

OK where to start with this product, I alway research anything that goes on my face as in the past i have had spots. Now i searched and searched for a product that is created for sensitive skin. La Roche Posay was recommended by so many people, and skin care professionals.

I purchased the 3 step system to help blemished skin, in the hope it would help. After one use i woke up with a swollen face, red blisters and burning skin to my horror it had made my skin 10x worse than previous. As a 26-year-old i have now been left with damaged unsightly skin, i am upset and have written to the brand.

Be careful if you do have genuinely sensitive skin please.

This was a little too harsh for my skin. I would use at night and my skin would be bright red and dry when I woke up.....

on 12/4/2016 8:04:00 AM

I tried different mattifying creams so far this is the only stuff that worked. Can't say much about healing the scars since I only have been using it for a week or so. But couple of developping pimples dissappeared in a day or so

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is one of my skin saviour from acne. Let me tell you. It can act as acne medication plus scar reducing product.
It never irritates my skin like Benzoyl Peroxide. It may not be cheap, but it's worth the amount you pay.

To make things easier for you acne face folks, I list all the products that help me dealing with acne every time. I love each of these, but I never use them all at once. (Please know each of their role, then you can mix and match)

1. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo
2. Bioderma glycolic acid serum night
3. Acretin cream (Tretinoin 0.05%) from Jamjoum Pharma, Saudi Arabia (I'm not even an Arab)
4. Clinique acne spot treatment gel
5. Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Gel Cleanser with 2% salicylic acid
6. St. Ives Green Tea Gel Cleanser with 2% salicylic acid.
7. The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner
8. The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion
9. Bioré Perfect Face Milk Sunscreen (Yeah, it's an astringent sunscreen!)
10. Blackmores Bio Zinc Plus (It's a supplement)

First I clean my face with no. 5 or 6.
Then I choose no. 7 as my daily toner.
If I have spot in the morning, I use no. 4 or 8 as spot treatment before I slather again no. 8 as all over moisturizer or other more hydrating moisturizer if my skin is very dry.
Then I top everything during the day with no. 9.
I choose no. 1 or 2 or 3 as nightime treatment. After 10 minutes, I will layer on top with any basic regular mild moisturizer or cream like L'oreal Collagen Replumper cream, which devoid of any possible irritants like vitamin C and acids.
I consume no. 10 on daily basis to get clear skin.

There you go, but don't forget to drink water according to your body needs and exercise regularly. One more thing. After exercising, wash your face, or the sweat will aggravate your acne prone skin. I hope this will help you guys.
Good luck!

Much love,
sazalisamadcares xoxo

on 11/2/2016 12:33:00 PM

For the meanwhile, probably my favourite spot treatment product.
Good packaging - the small tube dispenser makes it more efficient to squeeze out the amount of product needed. I usually squeeze two lines (one on the hollows of my cheeks and one near my jaw) on both sides of my face in the morning and night to make sure my acne is in check.

It's not a crazy amazing product, it doesn't really do much to prevent from breakouts from happening but for the bumps that do exist when i pop some of the product on it definitely reduces in size and redness.

It does smell nice but I wonder if that's really a necessary addition.

on 10/21/2016 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

You know, I actually think this works. Granted, benzoyl peroxide works on my acne as well, but I can't use BP products as frequently as I would need to keep my hormonal adult acne in check, because it's just too drying. I end up actually preferring the acne to the red, itchy and flaking mess my skin becomes when I use BP more than occasionally. This I can use daily without drying out my skin, and it does seem to clear up my acne.

Skin type: very combination, oily t-zone, normal to dry cheeks, dehydration issues, hormonal acne. I apply it in the evenings after cleansing with MAC Cleanse Off Oil + sometimes Cetaphil, a basic hydrating toner with glycerin and Eucerin 5% Urea moisturizer. I alternate with an exfoliating glycolic acid toner a few times a week, but that's too harsh for everyday use. I've been using this for a couple of weeks now, I'm in the week before my period and would normally have a lot of hormonal pimples plus a cyst or two forming on my chin and jawline, but I don't. It's clearing up and healing. I'm not completely clear, not sure I ever will be, but it looks better, and I feel like it actually prevents spots from forming, which is pretty fantastic.

on 10/2/2016 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've repurchased this as it really made a difference on my skin! The salesperson recommended this I had many small bumps and was due to clogged pores. It does not show immediate results but the bumps on my cheeks, especially my forehead are now cleared! I use this with La Roche Posay's foaming cleanser which I find help maintain my skin from frequent breakouts.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best product for acne, for real!!!!!

I've had acne for like 7 years, it was a real struggle for me.
When I lost some weight I also lost lots of pimples, thank god!! But the scars stayed and they really didn't fade or anything like that.
I got a sample at a pharmacy and decided to give this a try. I was having a crazy breakout due to that time of the month. I applied it when I went to bed, and when I woke up, I noticed that my blemishes we're all gone!!!
I immediately went and bought this. It costs around 12€ in Portugal.
I've been using this for a long time, my acne scars are almost gone, my pores aren't very noticeable, my skin texture improved so much!!
This is absolutely my holy grail... I've recomended this to almost everyone I know, because they have noticed such a huge diference on my skin!
It also never dried my skin, or made it oily.

At first, I wash my face with Cien's face wash for normal to combo skin. Then I apply thermal water by Avéne (it is quite better than the LRP one) and then I apply duo+!! Around 10-15 mins later I apply a moisturizer for oily skin -(or mat). I finish everything with more thermal water for no irritation on my skin.

I started to see the best results 2 weeks later.

10/10!!!!

This is a review for the duo-plus available in Europe. It's a wonderful product, works wonders on pimples that just want to appear, also does reduce the scars. Only thing that works on my adult acne.