La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

3.6

Salicylic acid - 0.5% aqua, glycerin, cyclohexasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, niacinamide, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, silica, mathyl methacrylate crosspolymer, glyceryl stearate se, piroctone olamine, caprylloyl glycine, myristyl myristate, potassium cetyl phosphate, capryloyl salicylic acid, caprylyl glycol, sodium hydroxide, zinc pca, nylon-12, linoleic acid, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, parfum.

on 7/22/2016 9:56:00 PM

DO NOT BUY this product if you want clearer skin!!! Before using this product I had a couple of small pimples and acne scars. After using this product for around a week my face was completely broken out in large cystic pimples, as well as the skin round my mouth becoming rough and discoloured, the worst breakout I have had yet!

on 6/25/2016 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this product. I was hesitant to buy it because of the price here in Australia but it is AMAZING. It has completely changed my face. I used to have quite bad acne on my cheeks and chin and since I've been using this (almost every day for approximately a year) my skin has calmed down a lot and it only breaks out occasionally, and only a couple of spots rather than a whole bunch. I would definitely recommend this for oily and break out prone skin.

To Read all 303 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I read somewhere either on their website or on an advertisement that this product was "the last acne product you will ever try"... And for me, it is. I don't want to jinx it, but this product has completely transformed my skin. I still get a few pimples occasionally, but nothing like before. At any given moment, I would have had a full jaw line of acne, now I can officially say that sometimes I go weeks without having a single blemish on my face. I use this in conjunction with LRP's Toleraine dermo-cleanser, which is a milky, soap-free, non-foaming cleanser. After washing my face, I apply the Effaclar Duo just on my problem areas, although the instructions actually say to apply it over the entire face. I don't, because I never breakout on my forehead and I thought it would be a waste of product to put any there. I moisturize also with an LRP hydrating moisturizer, but I'm constantly switching mostly out of curiosity. However, the LRP Hydreane light is my favourite so far. Also for the record, the Effaclar Duo that I have just contains salicylic acid, and I bought it at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada. I've neither tried nor even seen the one that contains benzoyl peroxide, which is fine because I'm allergic to that ingredient anyway. I would recommend this product to anyone, and I sincerely hope it helps somebody who ends up reading this! xo

on 6/5/2016 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I bought this product around five months ago after reading many good reviews about it. I have very oily skin and acne around my chin and jawline. At first, I used it by putting it all over my face, but that severely dried my skin out and made it flaky, so I instead just began applying it to my chin and jawline. At first, this cleared up my skin instantly. For about a week or two, I had no acne at all, but then I guess my skin adjusted to it and I didn't see a huge effect with this product. It definitely decreased the amount of acne I have, but I still had several pimples popping up in my problem areas fairly consistently. I think I bought this for $40, but it lasted nearly 6 months of twice daily use. Overall, I like the product and it did work, but it didn't wipe my acne out completely.

on 6/2/2016 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have a cystic acne on my chin, jawline.

I started using this product and ended up using the whole tube. I applied all over my face (combination to oily skin, with enlarged pores) only on evenings. So a tube lasted me almost 2 months. After I run out of it, I was slightly dissapointed as I was still getting some acne, but not in the rate as before.

So I decided that this doesn't work for me and moved on to another moisturizer.

This said! Within a week I started getting so much new blemishes and I ordered another bottle of this and started using this again.

Yes, I do still 1-2 blemishes per week, but they are smaller. Effeclar Duo doesn't get rid of the problem completely, but it keeps the bigger/angry/more in count blemishes at bay, so this is def. a HG product for me. It's affordable, it does make my skin calmer and the blemishes go away quicker.

It also combats the oiliness and generally my skin feels better, calmer and smoother.

I will try to never run out of this again. Together with masks/serum/spot treatmets Effeclar Duo works even better. The acne scars are slowly, but visibly reduced as the redness around the new formed blemishes.

Not a miracle product with quick results, but something to keep your eyes open for to manage cystic acne.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Helped a ton with my acne!!
I wasn't able to find anything that would help until I found this. My skin got way way clearer very quickly after using this.

I used this once a day for a week, my skin dried out a bunch but ALL my blemishes, I had 4 last week, are gone. I had to change to a heavier moisturizer to combat the dryness but this is 100% worth the money. 5/5, great product

on 5/12/2016 11:47:00 AM

I like to use this on my forehead to treat my acne pimples. It is effective to a certain extent. It's better than not using anything, though, and it doesn't dry or irritate my skin.

on 4/29/2016 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

What a disappointment... I do like LRP a lot and have tried several of their products. Since they never let me down before, when an occasional acne-phase came after using up the last tube of my HG Differin, I've run to the pharmacy and picked this cream without hesitation.
What a mistake. I am aware of the fact, that purging might occur when one starts a new acne treatment, but 3 weeks has passed and my skin never ever looked this bad before. It is practically a war zone with pimples, cysts, acne scars and red marks... So for me, it is time to give up and get a Differin prescription again.
Only pro: it was a good make-up base and helped to get a non-shiny T-zone.

on 4/24/2016 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My dermatologist told me to buy it ,at first I hated it because it dried my skin out and it seemed to break me out but after 2 weeks of using it ,it started working and all my acne scars are gone.When I have a zit i just put it on it in a generous amount and leave it for a couple of hours it works wonders ....love it

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is the only LRP product that followed me through for the past 5 years or so. I did stop using it for awhile but went back to it because I couldn't seem to find an equivalent product that prevents clogged pores.

This is a lightweight lotion that feels a bit stingy if applied on new pimples (which I don't mind at all since the pimples usually reduce a lot in size and redness the next morning). My routine is to always incorporate this after a toner on most mornings and nights. Rule of thumb for me is to always replenish my skin with hydration by using a facial oil and good moisturisers. It can get a bit drying if I don't do so otherwise.

Overall, this is a very good product that I will always have in my skincare cabinet - a survivor on bumpy skin days.