La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

3.6

2018: •AQUA / WATER•GLYCERIN•DIMETHICONE•ISOCETYL STEARATE•NIACINAMIDE•ISOPROPYL LAUROYL SARCOSINATE•SILICA•AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE•METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER•POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE•SORBITAN OLEATE•ZINC PCA•GLYCERYL STEARATE SE•ISOHEXADECANE•SODIUM HYDROXIDE•MYRISTYL MYRISTATE•2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL•ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE•MANNOSE•POLOXAMER 338•DISODIUM EDTA•CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID•CAPRYLYL GLYCOL•VITREOSCILLA FERMENT•XANTHAN GUM•POLYSORBATE 80•ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER•SALICYLIC ACID•PIROCTONE OLAMINE•PARFUM / FRAGRANCE*********** Previous ingredients: Salicylic acid - 0.5 aqua, glycerin, cyclohexasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, niacinamide, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, silica, mathyl methacrylate crosspolymer, glyceryl stearate se, piroctone olamine, caprylloyl glycine, myristyl myristate, potassium cetyl phosphate, capryloyl salicylic acid, caprylyl glycol, sodium hydroxide, zinc pca, nylon-12, linoleic acid, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, parfum.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I had a Breakout of adult acne a few months ago. This came out of the blue although I've always been prone to spots here and there. It got really bad to a point where I wouldn't want to even walk around the house without make-up on despite my husband's reassurance, which is not something i've been bothered about before. In desperation I searched for something which might get my skin back under control. I came across the reviews for La Roche posay and decided to give it a go. I was wary of allergic reaction like some reviewers so tried a little tester on my skin in boots prior to purchase. No issues for me and within a few days of using the moisturizer my skin was much better. A few weeks later I decided to buy all three products in the range which is more than I would usually spend but I loved the moisturizer so much I was willing to invest. Now my skin is probably the best it's ever been. I don't even need to wear foundation anymore. I haven't had a spot in ages and my skin feels clear and glowing. I would definitely recommend these products to anyone prone to spots

on 5/10/2018 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product worked surprisingly well for me!
Long story short, I was on roaccutane for 10 months and I finished my last cycle in February. I was left with some mild ice pick scars on my right cheek, so the holes/divots were pretty noticeable and I had some dark spots in that area too. My mum recommended I try this because her friend's son was using this to clear up his scars after also being on roaccutane. So, I gave it a shot and I've been using it for around 3 weeks now, I was sort of hoping for fast results but I'm pretty happy with how my skin texture is now. Although there are still some light brown spots I'll keep using it to see the results! Guess it's a hit and miss for some though.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really wanted to try this product because it contains a combination of 5% micronized benzoyl peroxide and .3% Lipo hydroxy acid also known as Caproloyl Salicylic Acid. I typically use either Persa-gel 10% micronized benzoyl peroxide or the Walgreens brand version of Persa-gel with excellent results for my clogged, large pores and the cystic acne on my forehead. I did not find Effaclar Duo to be as effective as Persa-gel. This does not keep my pores as cleaned out as Persa-gel and does not work as quickly on drying up pimples.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Do not purchase if you have sensitive skin, and do not ignore the fact that your skin is sensitive.
When struggling to get rid of my acne I was recommended a string of La Poche Rosay products from my local pharmacist.
None of the products worked, made my skin angry, red, raw and feeling similar to that of burns. They also left red/brown marks which didn't leave my face for weeks.
It broke down my skin too far.
Not worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have used this for almost 2 years now. This has always been my HG. When I first started using it, I remember my skin's condition has improved little by little over the month. Not a fast result but overall it did a pretty good job. I use this daily, sometimes with La Roche-Posay AI but AI doesn't do much tho. My skin is less oily now and acne has appeared less (not disappear completely because I'm still finding a good targeted treatment). Overall, LRP Duo is always my go-to acne product.

on 11/11/2017 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

DO NOT BUY IF YOU HAVE DRY OR SENSITIVE SKIN!

This was recommended to me by a sales lady at a pharmacy when she noticed I had blackheads and open pores. This cream caused me to have a red rash and super dry skin! The skin around my lips are on fire and so red and flaky! I had to go to the hospital to get ointments to help reduce the redness and itchiness. Very very disappointed in this cream and would not recommend to anyone.

on 10/11/2017 9:01:00 AM

At first i was kind of turned off by the price of this product however after purchasing it i understood what they meant by you pay for what you get. I have pretty oily skin especially the t zones and have several acne scars around the cheek area. After using this consistently for about 1 week i start to see that my skin condition looks better in general. Also i was so amazed at how well this product absorbs into the skin. No break outs no oily skin no hassle, i honestly recommend this product.
If the price of the full size product turns you off, don't walk away from it! Try the travel sized one, that comes together in a pack with their face wash which is equally amazing. The packaging is fantastic, hassle free. I love that it's in a tube with a small opening. In fact most La Roche-Posay products are in tubes instead of jars, i love that.
Highly recommend this product!!!

Last summer, my entire forehead was cover with acne, pustules and horrible blemishes. I'd been fighting a dying battle against raging acne for almost two years now, and had completely given up hope. At my worst point, around October 2016, I started using LRP's entire skincare line, but only two products really stood out to me. First and foremost, is this tube of Effaclar Duo that works like magic. Within a month of sustained use, my pimples definitely showed signs of withering. I remember freaking out when my pimples first got worse though for the first two weeks...perhaps my skin needed to purge all the toxins that was already there? Two months in, I started having fewer pimples, and the existing ones started to heal and clear faster. By July 2017, I barely get any (touchwood), except during day 8-12 of my cycle (lol), and the pimples that do pop are are significantly smaller, less painful, and take significantly less time to go away (2-5 days, as opposed to a couple of weeks previously). I cannot recommend this product more, and I'm so afraid to not have one next to my side that I always have 3 tubes of back-up stock! One tube lasts me approximately 3-4 months, and I have emptied 3 tubes as of today. I wipe just a tiny dab every day broadly across my "problem areas" in the evening, regardless of whether or not I have pimples, and when I do have pimples, I apply a bit more of it on the spot, twice a day. I think that it has really changed my skin quality for the better!

on 7/2/2017 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

FYI I use the European version. I purchase my tubes of Effaclar Duo from Boots in the UK/at a French pharmacy in Paris.

Absolute holy grail! I keep a tube by my side at all times: I keep multiple tubes at home and at least one in the office. I have at least two in my travel makeup arsenal because if I ever went a day without slapping this stuff on my face...

So what is this stuff? Marketed as a spot treatment with moisturising properties, the ingredients list boasts a chemical exfoliant + niacinamide + zinc (and many other skin-loving goodies), and it really works. The texture is fluid and very pleasant on the skin. I don't use a moisturiser on top of it during hotter times of the year and my skin feels just right. The best part is that it has never irritated my skin.

How to use? Just slap it all over your face, both day and night. There is a version with SPF which you can use during the day.

In terms of effectiveness, I find that this treatment wards away budding spots. And even if one does spring up (and I realise this always happens at the most inopportune moments), this is a quick fix and I have noticed my spots would generally subside within a couple of hours of applying this on my face. Compared to less elegant spot treatments such as differin and retin-A, this is much gentler on the skin and just as effective (for me at least). My skin would last a day or two without Effaclar Duo before succumbing to clogged pores and acne again so I genuinely couldn't do without it!

on 6/20/2017 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I cannot use this over my whole face due to drying the Sahara further, but strangely I find it an effective yet gentle spot treatment. I apply to affected area at night and within a day or two the break out is well on its way to healing seamlessly and doesn't leave the usual PIE or PIH that I experience with more intensive spot treatments. I don't find much difference applying before or after moisturiser but simply incorporating it the end stages of my night routine when needed works super well for me and it's business as usual. No fuss spot fighter. Test it out before use to make sure the actives don't irritate your skin, but on the whole I think it's quite gentle. I'd use it over my whole face if I wasn't so dry.