Bath and Body Works Dark Kiss

Bath and Body Works Dark Kiss
Bath and Body Works Dark KissB&BW Dark Kiss Fine Fragrance Body MistB&BW Dark Kiss Triple Moisture Shower Cream

3.9

on 10/14/2017 7:00:00 PM

I had Dark Kiss in the triple moisture body cream and at first I just liked it but didn't love it. Then the scent really grew on me. I started to love it. I It did last long but I am greedy and I want the scent to last even longer. It reminds me of notes of amber and a small bit of patchouli. I just finished my last bit of Dark Kiss last month and found another tube at a BBW sale at the June sale but I didn't buy it because I was in a hurry and hadn't made up my mind if I really loved it now I have some regret. I probably missed my chance for one last ride.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I just got the shower gel yesterday (EVERYTHING looks different then the picture above the new one looks way different) I love it it smells dark but girly at the same time it has an lightly strong scent perfect for if you like to smell loud but not too loud perfect I love it can't wait to use it

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Primarily berries and vanilla, with a tiny touch of some sort of "incense" spice. I wish they had amped up the spices and rose, which would have made it much more interesting. It's not dark, as the name suggests. But, it is just Bath and Body Works. They market to appeal to the average consumer, not fussy perfumistas like me. It's pleasant, all things considered, and I like wearing it around the house.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Such a beautiful, mysterious and sexy fragrance! I love the dark berries note Wonderful! A fruity yet dark and alluring touch! and the incense note make it enigmatic both notes make it such a unique perfume despite what other reviewers said I personally find it pretty unique and for me a bittersweet and quite a bit strong fragrance and is preferably suitable for evenings or for fall or winter but I like to wear it even in summer nights, definitely I love it so much! By far one of the best from B&B Works.

on 9/24/2015 6:43:00 PM

It is very sweet and strong .it gives me headache.

Dark Kiss is one of my favourite Bath and Body Works fragrances. This review is primarily for the body spray.

Top Notes: Incense, Bergamot, Blackberry, and Mirabelle.

Heart Notes: Geranium, Amber, Musk, Rose, and Peony.

Base Notes: French Labdanum, Vanilla, Resin, Vetyver, and Musk.

As with all of my B&BW fragrances, I layer the matching products. I begin with the shower gel followed by the body spray and a bit of body creme and/or lotion. Layering easily gives me twelve to fourteen hours of longevity, which is better than many of my much more expensive fragrances, and this fact never ceases to astound me.

Dark Kiss opens on my skin with delicious, rich incense, juicy blackberry, and fragrant mirabelle. I do not detect the bergamot, but mine is not a highly tutored nose, so others may be able to detect it. It smells wonderful from the very first spritz.

As Dark Kiss dries down, the incense, blackberry, and mirabelle persist; and, vanilla, musk, and a bit of rose join in. I do not detect any of the other notes, but once again I would point out that mine is not a highly tutored nose, and you may be able to detect more of the notes.

Dark Kiss is deliciously sweet, fruity, incensey, and, well, a bit dark. It is a wonderful Autumn and Winter fragrance, but I wear it any time the fancy strike me. I even wear it during the hottest weather months, and it works on me because I am indoors most of the time in air conditioning. It may not work as well in hot weather if you are out of doors a lot. I often choose Dark Kiss as my bedtime fragrance because it imparts a soothing, restful feeling in me. I love smelling it as I drift off to sleep.

The shower gel smells just like the body spray to my nose, and using it scents the loo beautifully. The fragrance carries through the rest of the house in fact, and it smells lovely. I have not purchased the EdT because I cannot see how it could be better than the body spray which is a divine scent, almost spiritual in character. I find that the body creme and lotion do not impart as much scent as the shower gel and body spray, but they do help add a bit of depth whence combined with the shower gel and body spray.

If you like sweet, incensey fragrances, you will likely love Dark Kiss. I have used more expensive incense fragrances such as Piguet's Casbah, and whilst I like Casbah and would recommend it, I think I like Dark Kiss even better. Dark Kiss, of course, is much less expensive, so that is an added bonus.

I never cease to surprise myself by how much I enjoy my B&BW fragrances. I enjoy the entire aesthetic experience of bathing with the shower gels, followed by a liberal spritzing of the body sprays and application of the body cremes or lotions to areas that tend toward dryness such as elbows. Using my B&BW products is much more of an "experience" than simply spritzing an EdT or EdP all by itself. Layering the shower gel, body spray, and body creme and/or lotion is an act of lavish self-pampering for me, and I highly recommend you try it.

Fragrance: 10/10

Projection: 8/10

Sillage: 8/10

Longevity: 10/10 (if you layer the matching products)

on 5/7/2014 9:07:00 PM

Dark Kiss smells like La Vie est Belle which smells like Flower Bomb. Very heady fragrance that I can't get enough of!! When I saw it was discontinued I purchased 2 bottles each of the shower gel, lotion, and spray. I will be spraying my sheets with this! Very warm yet sweet and I get a lot of comments when I wear it! People love it....and so do I!

on 11/2/2014 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love my oriental florals and this is no different. This has just the right amount of berries for me with musk and amber in the background, and a touch of roses. God this is a gorgeous scent.
Top notes are incense (nothing overpowering), limes, berries, and Mirabelle (fruit I am unfamiliar with). Middle notes are geranium, amber, rose, and peony. Base notes are French labdanum (smells like leather and amber), vanilla, resin, vetyver, and musk.

on 7/17/2015 9:52:00 AM

First off, if you love Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears, you will love this as they smell VERY similar (imho it smells nothing like Flowerbomb or La Vie Est Belle, both of which I enjoy). I dislike Midnight Fantasy and I dislike Dark Kiss. I blind bought the body mist and regret it. It's too sickeningly blackberry-sweet, it makes me think of air-freshener, I had the same reaction to Midnight Fantasy. I love most sweet scents and gourmands, but not this. I guess I just don't like dark berries. Plus points for having good longevity. Better for fall and winter, will be too overwhelming for warmer months.

on 11/17/2013 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first I loved this scent so I got it but now I think its way to sweet and gives me headaches.

Popular Fragrances