Laura Mercier Bonne Mine

Laura Mercier Bonne Mine

1 review

on 7/26/2010 5:52:00 PM

This is a palette of cream blushes, meant to be applied with fingers. I just received this from Sephora; it appears to be a limited edition, and so far exclusive to Sephora. I hope this product is so successful that LM decides to make it a permanent item in the collection, because I love it and I think it will have huge appeal!

The idea of this product, according to the packaging, is to provide the means for a healthy, natural look ("bonne mine"), in the way that French women aim for. I can't speak for French women, however I can certainly attest that the creams in this palette do indeed provide a healthy glow to my skin! It's not just a bronze look - the palette includes two rosy/neutral blushes that give a lovely amount of build-able colour. And, while the two "glow veils" look dark in the compact, on the skin they are very sheer and definitely glow-y (but not sparkly or obvious.. very nice!).

My skin can be dry.. I'm almost 45... so I like cream blushes. I notice that these creams don't seem to sit on my skin like a layer of paint or something - they seem to blend in nicely and almost look like a powder.. so although these are cream blushes, I find them fairly dry, which is nice (not greasy looking). I tried the colours on my lips, and while the colours look nice, they are indeed dry on the lips. You could probably do it with a lip gloss on top though. (note, not advertised as useable on lips, I just gave it a try).

I am a huge fan of palettes in general, and I actually do love stuff that I can apply with my fingers (I know, perhaps a bit unsanitary, but it's only MY fingers in there...). I also love the idea of a whole face look in one package. The compact itself contains a little cheat sheet of tips for product use, including how to apply the glow veils to brow bones etc.

At first, I thought that $48 US was plenty for this palette.. but you know, I think it's well worth it. I will use every colour in it. It's neutral and I think will work for a broad range of skin tones. As with every new thing that I find that is cool, I'm going to get one for my Mom now too!

Popular Blush Products