Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Don't Steal My Thunder

Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Don't Steal My Thunder
Color Icon Trio - Don't Steal My ThunderDon't steal my thunder Wet 'n' Wild Trio 'Don't Steal my Thunder'Color Icon Trio - Don't Steal My Thunder

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/11/2017 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is the only trio in my collection that I love, but have frustrations with. Not because of the product application, but because the color is SO DARK and I find that a little goes a LONG WAY with the colors in this trio. I tried applying these with a brush on my lids - and with the shadows being very powdery, the color transferred everywhere. I also think that the gray comes off very metallic on my eyelids and mixes a bit with the dark charcoal to create almost a blue tinge to it? It didn't flatter my lids at all - and the white browbone color was just too stark. I still love them all - but I think this trio needs a little more practice for my eyes and applying the color with a finger would be better for my hooded lids for more control. As with all the WnW trios - lots of pigment. You get some great color payoff with these little guys.

on 9/2/2016 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love this product but I would not recommend putting the different colors where they say to go. The black looks better on the far outer eyelids than in you crease and the silver can go anywhere not just on your eyelid itself. Other than that it looks and feels great.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I love this! It has a frosty snowy white, shimmering clean silver, and a sparkley blackest black. It is so so pigmented and stays put! I honestly have never worn shadow that was so gorgeous and smooth. Of course the little brushes are useless and the compact is flimsy but whatever, the shadows are amazing!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am on a silver eyeshadow kick so I bought this for the shimmery lid color & found that all 3 colors go well together. You can never have too many white e/s coz highlight on the tear ducts inner corners of the eye & under eyebrow are a daily thing for me. These colors are shimmery metallic almost & the lid color leans a little bluish but this trio does not disappoint. I bought this to use as an every day trio also so I didn't use up all of my Urban Decay Naked Smoky but of course UD is what I prefer (I'm not a makeup snob I swear), but this makes a good ev day smoky eye. Other than UD Smoky, a wnw quint, elf quad in Drama, wnw unchained & Loreal Liquid Diamonds e/s singles pretty much sums up my (new) collection of greys/silvers all recent acquisitions after I saw a cpl Facebook videos featuring grey e/s. Using tape helps achieve a crisp like on the side & u can use it to pick up fallout after u peel it off to clean up under eyes. Tape lives in my makeup collection.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Let me hit you with the trues. When i first started doing my make up back in 2007, this was the first palette i bought, and it single handily launched me into the wet and wild eyeshadow craze. I EASILY hit pan on this within my first year of purchase. this is not an everyday look. this is a dramatic - DONT STEAL MY THUNDER BITCH! look. its dramatic, all eyes are suppose to be on you, and they will be.

Pro
- pigmented, a little goes along way especially with the black
- colours are easy to apply, not chalky and soft
- colours last all night -> this includes all night clubbing.

Con
- this is a 1 trick pony. you can only do one look with this and its going to be dramatic.
- not sure this colour range is for everyone but if you are a brunette or have black hair, this will look good.

If you dont like bold looks, this is not for you.
The best way to apply the eyelid colour is with a sponge. apply everything else with the proper brushes. always use a primer and an eyelid base.

on 2/23/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i bought it because i dont really have this kind of color in my collection..note that i dont do smokey look that often..
I am asian...so i think this color with my eye color isnt a good combination..but it you have blue eyes or green eyes..i think it will look really beautiful with that..
so you get the white shade, a grayish shade, and a black shade, please note all these shades are shimmery ..
I think the color pigmentation is really great... to me a little goes on a long way.. so i dont think i will ever run out of this product.

on 4/28/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Gorgeous set if you love that gunmetal look or smokey eye. Simple colors in silver, white, and blackish. This is a great trio you don't need anything else with when creating a nice smoke look.

Very pigmented and not chalky or powdery. Great trio from WNW and to me a must-have for smokey looks.

I'm loving Wet n Wild, but I'm not loving this trio. I like it. To me, a trio should be colors you would use together to eliminate having to carry multiple palettes to get all the shades you want to use. It's a simple white-silver-black trio. The quality of the trio shadows tends to be very good, no chalkiness, good to very good blendability, and true coloring. I don't grab for it often besides using the browbone as an inner crease highlight or a lid color base. The colors don't blend easily without losing pigment.

I found the silver-white browbone color to be very frosty, which works well on the inner corners, and it's very opaque and a strong white base. The eyelid silver is quite frosty, too, but not quite as strong as the browbone color. The black I'm only alright with. It doesn't blend very well and isn't as strong a black as is needed with such shiny and frosty silvers. The browbone color is the only one that stands up to long wear without sharing it's pigment and shine. All the unbroken frost means I won't buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hands-down, my favorite of the Color Icon Trios. I fell in love with the gunmetal eyes look years ago, when I saw a softened version in an issue of Seventeen, and this is the greatest eyeshadow pallette for re-creating that look. When it's paired with a black eyeliner, it makes a huge statement.

PRO:
love these eyeshadows, very pigmented, soft and blendable. creates the perfect smokey eye but the silver in this set is blue toned, so people have asked if i am wearing blue when i am not. i use the white in other looks too!

CON:
very flakey so watch your under eye area and the soft powder shatters if dropped!