Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

4.8

on 4/29/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've made a return to becoming my own stylist, simply because I was spending a fortune going to the salon over the past year. I've tried box dyes and other dyes from Sally's but I have to say that this stuff is pretty darn good. I really love 1V (plum black) and it really IS permanent; I got a couple spots on my wrist that skimmed past my gloves and it took days for it to wash out, lol.

As for the longevity, I've never used a dye so close to salon results. I have naturally medium brown hair and my hair has been the exact same shade of plum black since I dyed it a month ago. I am actually a bit afraid that it's too permanent because I may want to go lighter this summer. Nonetheless, this worked absolutely wonderful for me! I still have the purple tint that I usually lose within a couple of weeks with other dyes. Also, I have several grays that emerged after college and seem to have multiplied ever since. This does a great job at covering those too.

I just dyed my hair with the Age Beautiful hair dye in the color Jet Black and also used the Age Beautiful 20 volume developer. The smell of both products together is pretty powerful, I must say its probably the strongest smell of chemicals that I have ever used from box to professional hair dye. But, the smell is worth it in the end because this hair dye is amazing. I left it on my roots for 30 mins and ran the rest of the product through my already dark brown hair for the last 10 mins. My hair does not take color very well, even though I am young (20) so that's why I opt for Age Beautiful because its for resistant hair and gray hair. I have thin-medium hair and it says right on the back of the box, only for thin-medium hair type. Usually when I dye my hair, my hair falls out in small clumps in the shower, but with this hair dye it didn't. After I let my hair air dry, I felt my hair and it feels as healthy as it was before. There is absolutely NO damage to my hair whatsoever, I am really quite shocked. After I dye my hair, I usually have to go for a trim because my ends just cant take it. With this hair dye.. I can totally go another couple months without a trim! I suggest doing the process that I did for my hair first and when you need to dye it again, only use permanent dye on your roots and demi-permanent on the rest of your hair to avoid damage each time.

on 9/17/2014 2:27:00 PM

This review is for one of the newer colors in the Age Beautiful line: 3b Darkest Blue. The color turned out absolutely beautiful. I was going from a very light ash-platinum color, so to make sure the color was even and stayed in my hair I used a protein filler beforehand. Over my bleached hair, the color turned out exactly like the swatch. However, on my light brown/dark blonde roots, the color did turn out slightly darker. I only left it in for 15 minutes. This color DOES bleed when you get your hair wet, and will stain so just be careful. As far as damage goes, my hair was damaged before from over-processing but I haven't noticed any further damage since using this dye. It is hard to find such a vibrant color in a permanent formula so I was very excited to find this color at Sally's. Age Beautiful did a wonderful job on this shade!

I don't think I'm going to go back to store bought color in a box again. I went to Sally's and one of the women working there had quite a bit of knowledge and based on all the information I gave her about my hair and what I wanted to achieve she steered me to the Age Beautiful. The color I chose was the 3N Darkest Brown permanent creme and I used 20 volume. The color was perfect! People say this brand pulls darker but mine matched the swatch in the store and was exactly the dark brown I wanted. I usually use Revlon Colorsilk in the Brown/Black color. The smell of this stuff seemed more mild than box color which was nice. The color seemed even and covered my gray strands. I left it in 35 min. My hair feels soft. I am curious to see how this will last and the state of my hair. Box store bought brands are really starting to take a toll on my hair which is why I switched to this now.

on 4/12/2014 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I've been buying L'Oreal color & developer from Sally's for years, but I tried this in hopes that it would be less damaging to my hair. I love this brand! As others have said, the shades don't exactly correspond to L'Oreal. My natural color is "dirty blond," and the first time I used this I bought "9G Light Golden Blonde" and 30 Volume developer (also Age Beautiful brand), which is what I did w/ L'Oreal. It darkened my hair back to my natural, but I loved how soft and shiny it was.

When it was time to color again, I bought "10G Very Light Golden Blonde" and used it with 30 Vol. developer and left it on for 45 minutes. I got exactly what I wanted -- a beautiful, shiny, golden blonde There is no dryness after coloring and it doesn't smell as bad as the other brands. It feels so much better for my hair. I'm definitely a convert.

on 1/14/2014 10:43:00 PM

Pleased with this product! Covers grays, hair feels soft - not dry, beautiful shine & color & long lasting. One tip- colors seem to run a bit darker in shade. I mix the 7G with 7R. Very pretty sunshine golden brown/ red tone for my fair complexion;)

on 10/2/2013 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Yes it runs dark. I am a level 2 dark brown. Based on the reviews I purchased the 4N. I was a perfect match and no "hot roots" I have been having a problem with this lately. I am getting older and my natural cool toned hair was not complementing my skin anymore. warm and neutral hair color gives me hot roots. This brand is great.

on 1/23/2013 10:40:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

OMG!!! LOOOOVE IT! I had strawberry blonde hair when younger-hated it then, but would spend a small fortuen to get it back. I went to Sally's and they had d/c an old color I used to use, so I got 9RC-I was worred because the swatches looked a little weird, with even a little green on strands.

I used 9RC Light Strawberry Blonde with their 20 Developer. Put it on roots for 30-35 minutes, then added water to color and massaged it into the rest of my past-shoulder hair, massaging the watery color through roots to end and leaving for another 10 minutes. The color I had on (except gray roots) was faded Red Penny, which had been used over faded Light Redish Brown (both from other brands).

The color is natrual looking and beautiful-not too brassy/coppery/red-just a nice neutral (not too warm or cool) strawberry blonde.

My hair is in wonderful condition. I used a pre-color treatment that you put on and then color over to distribute color evenly. And I used a conditioner that came in another DS coloring kit.

I LOVE the color!!! Red Penny was a little too red, especially at roots when retouching. Light and medium reddish brown was too warm-something not quite right. Other brands of Strawberry Blonde scared me with the bright cover photo (and I remember once ending up with pinkish hair with one brand), and Auburn came out purplish.

This color is perfect.

on 1/14/2013 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up in 1N (Jet Black) on the recommendation of my stylist. I've used this a few times now and have been quite impressed. I don't have grey but my natural colour is dark/dirty blonde and I dye it jet black, and it covers very well and holds up without fading until my next 4 week touch-up. It's a true, jet, jet black with no brown, red or blue undertones. I also find it spreads through the hair easier than drugstore box dyes I've used previously, so I don't miss any spots. It leaves my hair super, super shiney and silky right from the beginning as well (of course after conditioning when I rinse the colour out), whereas my hair's normally a bit stiff until the first shampooing after using a box dye. They're also very generous in the amount they give you compared to box dyes. My hair is shoulder length and with the 2 oz of cream colour and 2 oz of volume, I probably only end up using 1/2 to 2/3 of the mixture (I use all of it with a box colour). I can't vouch for the other colours as I haven't tried them, but if you're looking for a good jet black permanent dye, I'd highly recommend this one!

I have been looking to get my hair black with a purple tint forever! I tried using black dye with a semi permanent purple over and that worked ok but was a lot of work. Sallys didn't carry a black dye with plum. I found one but it was discontinued. So one day I saw this dye in plum black and plum dark brown and got so excited! So I picked up plum black and gave it a shot yesterday and I have to say it is exactly what I've been looking for! Its beautiful! I used the plum black over john freidas cherry brown and it came out black with purple highlights its very subtle and can only be picked up in certain lighting but its exactly what I wanted and couldn't be happier. I mixed it using the age beautiful developer in 20 and am very happy with ny results. My hair is damaged from dying and I've been avoiding dyes like the plague recently but this one was nice it didn't leave it dry or more damaged. I used dove oil therapy daily treatment conditioner after coloring and my hair was baby soft! So yeah I'm going to buy as many backups of this dye as I can cause sallys seem to love to discontinue dyes I love. :/