Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by skin type : Combination
 Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color
Me - Age Beautiful 4VZotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

4.1

Finally found something that looks flattering! 1.5 ounces of 4NN + .5 ounces of 3NN + .5 ounces of 3V!!!! Yes! I'm telling you - it's the most natural look on me and it addresses my weird coloring (skin color) and the double NN's cover grey better than the N's. As the dye wears, it looks more and more natural with hints of faintly reddish hi-lights. My hair is shiny and looks great. Not noticeably 'V' in color (violet) - that's just added to address my weird skin tone(s).

Background. I have my hair dyed at a beauty school. Whatever they were using was poor quality so I asked, and they agreed, to let me bring my own hair dye and have students apply it.
My skin tone is strange and so I struggle with choosing a color. I used to use Zotos Age Beautiful by mixing 3N and 4N but when I tried to get my color dark enough - I looked dead (wrong tone). So I had to stay lighter than I wanted to just to avoid conflicting tones. I think my skin tone is pale cool olive with plum undertones. That's a guess - for example pure brown eye shadow looks "dead" and fake but brown with hidden plum tones in it look neutral on my eye. Same true for other eye shadows and blushes. I have too little yellow in my skin and what's there is too "cool" (lemon yellow) to look good using gold toned dye. True red dyes seem to emphasize broken caps in my face. Zotos neutral tones were hard for me to wear because I look bad in "pure" browns. Today, I love how it looks and I've gotten some (relieved) compliments (yeah, I was looking a little witchy before). With this mix, I may be able to drift a little darker because it no longer fights with my skin. But for now, I'm HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY. Especially the shine - that's been missing from my life for a LONG time. :)

on 2/12/2016 3:06:00 PM

I bought this hair dye because end of summer I had went to a salon to lighten my ends. They were bleached to a golden blonde color (natural is black) but I didn't like the result that much. I left the blonde for about 3-4 months and then decided to go back to black. I picked up 2 boxes jet black cause I have thick curly, African American hair. First off the smell is a lot. To say it smells like chemicals is an understatement. One box was enough to cover my whole head I left it for 40mins with heat. It's been 3 months since I've dyed it and it hasn't faded at all. The black isn't as in your face black as it was when first dyed but it's impossible to tell my hair was ever lightened literally no fading and I wash my hair 1-2 week.

on 11/19/2014 6:57:00 AM

First time ever using this brand and I can say that I will never buy it again... I've dyed my hair black before and never had it faded... After two weeks my hair has faded back to what it was before... Very disappointed

on 11/16/2014 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff! I switched to hair dye like this after a disastrous run-in with boxed color. Thank goodness I tried this! I tried to bleach my hair with some stuff I picked up at Walgreens and my hair ended up orange and yellow! Thanks to the salesperson at Sally's Beauty supply, I decided to grab Blonde Brilliance toner in Ash and Age Beautiful dye in Light Ash Blonde. It looks fantastic and all of the yucky brassy color is gone. I am really impressed with how nourished my hair is. Especially compared to how brittle and straw-like my hair was after using boxed color. My hair is shiny, soft, and best of all it is a gorgeous color. Absolutely recommend this stuff!

I have a mixture of lightish brown and darkish brown hair and since the lady at sallys recommend me this i decided to give this a try. I tried out the dark golden brown and i came out wih HORRIABLE results! This product turned my hair an bright orange, i will never try this product again.

on 1/14/2014 10:43:00 PM

Pleased with this product! Covers grays, hair feels soft - not dry, beautiful shine & color & long lasting. One tip- colors seem to run a bit darker in shade. I mix the 7G with 7R. Very pretty sunshine golden brown/ red tone for my fair complexion;)

I use this hair color in 1N Jet Black. My natural hair color is a medium brown. This hair color is absolutely amazing. I mix it in a 1:1 ratio with their 10 vol developer. The thicker consistency of the dye makes application easy, and it doesn't drip everywhere once you apply it. It does have a chemically smell, but what permanent hair color doesn't? At least the smell wasn't overwhelming like some hair dyes.

This hair color does. not. fade. if taken care of well (basically using a sulfate free color care shampoo and avoiding hot oil treatments - easy stuff). It's truly permanent for me. I only need to do a root touch up every 6 weeks, and then comb the rest of the dye through my hair for 5 minutes to freshen it up.

This hair color doesn't dry out my hair (actually, it feels softer after I dye it) and elongates my curls, making them more into waves than curls and reducing frizz. Dyeing my hair makes my hair a lot easier to work with.

I will not dye my hair with anything else. This stuff is amazing.

on 10/2/2013 7:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My natural hair color is white (non-pigmented) on the top and sides and gray in the back. The first time I colored my virgin hair I used Age Beautiful PERMANENT (from Sally's Beauty Supply) medium blonde 8N with 30 volume Age Beautiful developer (my pigmented hair pulls red) over all of my hair. This is to fill the hair with the color that is lacking. Neutral has all the colors needed to fill the non-pigmented hair. Also this color is double pigmented so it really covers. UPDATE: Before coloring you virgin hair look at the chart below for the percentage of gray that you have.

UPDATE: Ok, so this comes out too warm for me. I wanted to tone down the gold/yellow. I waited a month or so. So before I colored my hair again I used Neutral Protein Filler (from Sally's Beauty Supply) on the shaft and ends. Before when I put it on my roots (uncolored hair) the color did not seem to stay so just put it on the previously colored hair, NOT the roots. I followed the directions and I put it in a spray bottle to make application easier. I LET MY HAIR AIR DRY.

I then colored my hair with permanent Age Beautiful medium blonde 8N (neutral) mixed with 8V (violet). I used 25 grams of 8N and 3 grams of 8V. Ratio of color to developer is 1 part to 1 part. I mixed it well and put the color mixture in an applicator bottle with 30 volume developer and did my roots and let that process for 45 minutes.

Toward the end of the 45 minutes (about 20 minutes left) I mixed 25 grams of 8V with 3 grams of 8N and added 10 volume developer in a separate applicator bottle and put it on the shaft and ends and let that process about 15 minutes. I used violet over my existing color because I wanted to tone down or neutralize the gold/yellow (check out hair color wheels on the internet). Violet is the opposite of yellow on the color wheel. I washed my hair with hydrating shampoo and put a deep conditioner on for about 25 minutes. I rinsed and let my hair air dry a little bit, then dried it with a blow dryer and round brush.

The protein filler made my color come out even and my hair feels good and is very shiny. The gold has toned down a lot. Looks better. I will update after I wash my hair a few times. The color comes out a bit darker, but will lighten as I wash it, I chose a lighter color to compensate and I am very happy with the hue. Not too light and not too dark. It is a darker medium blonde.

I almost ran out of color during application so I will make a larger batch next time.

I found this on the internet for formulating color.:

If you only have 0 to 25% gray - Use 90% target color (25 grams) and 10% neutral (3 grams)

If you have 25% to 50% gray - Use 75% target color (21 grams) and 25% neutral (7 grams)

If you have 50% to 75% gray- Use 50% target color (14 grams) and 50% neutral (14 grams)

If you have 75% to 100% gray- Use 25% target color (3 grams) and 75% neutral (25 grams)

These are good basic formulas for using as is, for Increasing or decreasing the amount of color mixture needed depending on the thickness and length of hair, or for tweaking the actual color formula to your taste.

So, I used the 75% to 100% color formulation on my roots and the 0 to 25% color formulation on the shaft and ends. I have a digital kitchen scale that makes measuring easy. I hope this is helpful. My target color was 8V cool medium blonde. I have gotten several compliments on my current color. The best one is "it looks natural".

on 8/23/2013 7:13:00 PM

My hair is almost all white now and I used Age Beautiful 8G with generic 10 volume peroxide from Sally's. The color does come out dark blond but when I went into the sun it developed the most beautiful highlights. It's as if the color provided the lowlights so I could have beautiful blond streaks. I have been coloring my hair since 1993 and have never had permanent color leave my hair in such great condition. I went out and bought more--going to experiment with 9G and 9N. I used 10 volume for the first time because I realized I didn't need to lift the color two steps. Age Beautiful provided wonderful grey coverage (my hair is somewhat resistant) and it thickened my fine hair. Highly recommended.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this colour for the first time a couple months ago in 3RV colour Darkest Plum Brown and I really did love the colour. Exactly what I had wanted! I have thick wavy hair and I found this colour did my hair a have a bit of a residue on it because it is supposed to help thicken for ager people with finer hair! So I had to make sure I deep conditioned after to remove some of that residue and restore moisture.. Impressed with the colour overall

Popular Hair Color Products