Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by skin type : Normal
 Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color
Me - Age Beautiful 4VZotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

3.7

Holy chemicals Batman! Yeah the ammonia smell in this product is very strong! I almost had to close my eyes in my small bathroom. It's no joke, so be warned. Your window should be open and your air ventilator should be on, otherwise you might pass out.

I am just using this color as an effective deposit of blue black on my faded Ion color. Although, I regularly use and love the Ion Midnight Blue Black, it does fade to a soft brown / black rather quickly. I love the fact that the Ion product I normally use is PPD free and smells rather nice. This Zoto's one does not.

So, anyways, back to my review of this product. It was time to put the black back into my hair. So because I don't plan on using this product for monthly retouch applications, I can bare the harsh chemical smell once every six months to help me achieve a nice strong blue black color. Oh and this product does just that!

Bottom line: Make no mistake about it, this color is very effective! The bold and absolutely gorgeous color results that you can achieve with the Zoto's Age Beautiful brand is a win for me! Just know that it's loaded with harsh chemicals that get the job done, but I don't recommend that anyone use this monthly because of it.

02/11/2016 Update: Now that it's been a few days after using it. I decided this color is just too damaging. Putting this product on my hair really compromised the health of my hair. The texture of my hair is different. I actually don't recommend it, the damage isn't worth the color results.

I'm so glad I did a strand test! I used high lift ash blonde and 40 vol on my light brown roots. Usually I use garnier white chocolate, but i decided to buy this because of a recommendation. It turned my roots light red, not even orange or yellow. Because my hairs so ashy, it doesn't pull very orange or gold tones, but with this there was no blonde! It was just red! Now I have a patch of red hair and I'm going out to buy white chocolate again!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Normally I only ever use Ion or Wella brand and for good reason, as I was reminded after purchasing Age Beautiful.
I had the color 7RC [Dark Strawberry Blonde]. I intended to only do a demi [10 volume developer, color deposit only, minimal lift] application because my ends were so trashed and probably couldn't handle anything above a 10V. keep in mind my hair was a level 8 yellow blonde ish mess.

NOW. i never EVER EVER EVER do a test strand EVER. I usually just wing it and 7/10, pretty good odds ay?, it comes out as I expect. BUT this time, I was just compelled to do one.
Thus I did, processed for 20 min, the strand test came up burgundy. No copper, not at all natural looking, fucking burgundy.

I tend to think the 'grey coverage' colors are far more pigmented thus I'd just avoid those altogether. Hence I only use Ion/Wella, not to say they're not good for grey coverage.

I don't know how a level 7 copper [the swatch being orangey] equates to a level 5 burgundy....Glad I didn't do my entire head though.

Moral of the story,
Always strand test. As for this product, I wouldn't use again because they run dark, not even slightly true to color, and the swatch that I did color, the hair looked dry and felt coarse, although the latter is probably just the over processing.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this product for about 3 years. I used Matrix before that for many years and I like the Age Beautiful much better. My hair is about 85% grey/silver and it covers everyone of them and doesn't fade. I use 10G and 9N mixed with 20 Volume and leave it for 1 hour. I get compliments on my hair all the time and it looks and feels so healthy. The color does not have any bad or strong odor like some color. I like using the liquid rather than the tube because its easier for me to do by myself and I feel it penetrates the greys better. I'm very happy with this product but I have to mention that I was very disappointed by the Age Beautiful shampoo, conditioner and styling aids.

I don't think I'm going to go back to store bought color in a box again. I went to Sally's and one of the women working there had quite a bit of knowledge and based on all the information I gave her about my hair and what I wanted to achieve she steered me to the Age Beautiful. The color I chose was the 3N Darkest Brown permanent creme and I used 20 volume. The color was perfect! People say this brand pulls darker but mine matched the swatch in the store and was exactly the dark brown I wanted. I usually use Revlon Colorsilk in the Brown/Black color. The smell of this stuff seemed more mild than box color which was nice. The color seemed even and covered my gray strands. I left it in 35 min. My hair feels soft. I am curious to see how this will last and the state of my hair. Box store bought brands are really starting to take a toll on my hair which is why I switched to this now.

on 5/9/2014 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

O.k., sports fans -- here's what I did: I bought 9N with the 20 vol. developer. I loved how conditioned my hair felt afterward, but the color was a bit too warm/gold for my coloring (I was trying to find a good match for my natural color, which is dark blonde/light honey brown). My hair seemed to pull red, even though 9N is a neutral shade. However, the color didn't look at all unnatural -- just not what I was going for. Second time, I mixed 1 oz. 9N (light blonde) and 1 oz. 9A (light ash blonde) with 2 oz. of the 20 vol., left it on for 30 mins, and it came out perfectly! It's very close to my natural color. My hair is so fine and thin...I dye it to rough it up a bit and give it some volume. After I got the base shade I was after, I added lighter blonde highlights using Revlon Frost & Glow all over my crown (left on @ 12 mins.). Granted this whole process took the better part of a couple hours, but it cost me a small fraction of what I would pay at a salon (and the result is better, in my opinion!). My hair looks great. Age Beautiful is a terrific line and I will never buy the boxed stuff at the drugstore again.

on 12/27/2013 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Fantastic hair color! Left my hair soft, shiny and conditioned. I'm surprised because hair color of any kind is known to be drying and dulling. This color surprised me! I am completely sold! Better than any salon hair color I've ever had! And my scalp didn't itch or feel irritated at all and I always get itchy after ANY hair color I've used, drugstore brand or salon. But with this color I didn't get the itching at all! I bought the Clear Shine also but haven't used it yet. I'm going to update when I do. Overall this product is not expensive and does wonderful things for aging hair just like it claims. BUY IT!
UPDATE! Ok so I tried the Clear Shine. It left my hair very soft and conditioned. But that's it. There was no shine at all. It actually left my hair a little dull and definitely took away some of the shine that the hair color gave me. So for shine, I would not use Clear Shine again. The hair color gives enough shine so you don't even need to use anything else.

on 8/29/2011 11:37:00 AM

Love this stuff. That said, I believe the color confusion people are having can best be summed up as thus. If you have no color to your hair, ie, all grey or platinum blond, the color on the box will be accurate. But if you have hair with any color and even if you choose a similar color, it seems to add color to your color. How could I say that so it makes sense? My hair is brownish red and I have grey thickly lining around the hairline as well as sprinkled over my head. So when I pick up cinnamon, my dyed hair color becomes dark brownish red with cinnamon highlites where the hair was grey. So the front of my head where the grey is thickest is a perfect match for the box, where as any place I had color to my hair shaft is pretty darn dark.
The hair texture and sheen is very nice. I will continue to use this but so that I don't have such a bright halo at the front of my head, I will use a deeper color to 'streak' in that section.
Now lets move on...I have to say something about their sheer gloss serum. There is actual shine to my hair now! Partly due to the dye, but more in part to the serum. I love this stuff. I've used low end products, high end products and even horse hair products. All of them give a slight gloss then seem to evaporate and if I try to add more I have not shiny hair, but greasy hair. I have not been able to overdo this one yet. and the shine is believable--as if I simply had really healthy hair! And it stays throughout the day! I am sold on this, please don't up the price or change the formula!

on 7/23/2011 8:20:00 AM

I used the 6N light brown and got fabulous results, NO scalp irritation and great, salon quality results! I applied to my roots only and it did not mess up my subtle highlights. It is the next day and I can not smell any color, like I can with Wella Color Charm, no itching and it is shiny and looks completely like nature did it. The grey coverage is fantastic, too. I did have to reapply to one stubborn spot at my temple-I would say apply a thick layer there. I would say that you might want to buy a second bottle and double the "recipe", especially if you have anything but very thin hair, as there is not a lot of volume to this product, as it is mixed 1:1, not 1:2, like Wella, for example. You end up with only 4 total oz. for your whole head.

on 6/20/2011 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

the color is not even close to what I chose, which was pretty much what I had already had. Copper indicates just that, as in 'penny'. what I got from light copper red 6RC was in fact a dark brown with burgundy red tones. I detest
burgundy shades of red-not even supposed to be in the same tone family as copper! I also lost more hair in the shower with this product than any I have tried in the past-so much for helping my 'aging' hair! ( my hair is just < 50 % gray (approximate since I haven't let it grow out in about 6 years) and was a natural med brown

Popular Hair Color Products